It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is no point in voting is there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Does anything change when they vote

NO BRADY BUNCH ANSWERS

I want to know ..from a poor mans view . why do people vote ? Is there a point . why not have 1 man in office

If you say it would be like china .....in reality...we are china

CHINA HAS ELECTIONS ALSO !!!! ok

so what is the point ....does anything change ....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe the powers that be have enough control that voting doesn't count.
It;s possible but I'm not inclined to argue the fine points. I will say that voting is a right that will go the way of the dinosaur if people stop doing it.

Use it or lose it.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I proved in 6th grade to my teacher that the Electoral College was designed to be rigged. I took all the data right from the school text book showing each state and there Electoral College votes per population and showed that candidate A could get twice as many real votes as candidate B and still lose the election.

supak.com... the votes

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
people vote because they are still brainwashed for the most part that there is a difference b/w left and right. Its no longer left right its us them. I choose us.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Only if you don't want there to be a point.

Only if you feel confident that everyone else is capable of making a better decision than you for you.

If you're looking strictly at the presidential elections it's hard to make your vote really county towards something, unless you get your entire state involved and to agree with you. Get something like Maine or Nebraska has, then you can concentrate on your community...which is where it should be anyway.

Once you reach that point you can concentrate on state legislatures, representatives and senators and governor. However, if you all you're concerned about is the presidency, then your vote doesn't matter if you allow everything else to pass you by.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Voting can't hurt. At least not in any technical sense. And the answer here isn't "yes" or "no." The more local you go, the more difference it can make as someone at that level may actually get elected who isn't owned by special interests. I'd say by the time you get into the Senate/President level, yeah, it doesn't really matter. Most US Rep races don't matter either. Governors and many state reps, either. However, even if both candidates are owned by the same interests, sometimes individual personalities still matter and could make some difference(Think about if Christine O'Donnell won that race). You can also always vote for a third party or independent candidate. If enough people did that, the whole system could change.
The worst part about voting is that it legitimizes a rigged system. One more person not voting won't change any attitudes, though. I always vote even though I think it's largely a sham.
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

new topics

top topics

join