It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Rooms Adopt Online Reservation System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Need a tetanus shot? Take a number. But feel free to wait in the comfort of your own home.
A new online service is aiming to take the "wait" out of emergency room visits -- or at least change where it's done.

abcnews.go.com...

I don't really know what to think about this. I can see some benefits, like not having to take a child who needs to be seen on a Sunday, and waiting for 6 hours in the ER. I can also see it benefiting the ER by way of cutting down on people who don't really need to be seen, and are just used to going to the doctor i.e. people who go for every sniffle. If they chose to wait at home, maybe they would just fall asleep, and wake up feeling better after a nap. lol
Seriously though, I kinda feel like drive-through service will be next. I mean, who ever thought one could wait in their own living room to be seen by a doctor in the ER?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting topic. I always thought of ER's as a place for emergencies where you would need to be seen immediately (heart-attack, stroke, life-threatening injury and such)....imagine that. If a person is able to make an appointment for an emergency room visit, it is not an emergency and they should be denied such appointment.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Does that imply that you will know in advance when you need an ER? That's why they call them emergencies

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In small towns this makes a lot of sense.
In larger cities where there are 24 hour clinics people should leave the emergency rooms for emergencies. (Cheaper that the e-room too)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The emergency rooms would not be so overcrowded if people would save them for emergencies, but a lot of people go to the doctor for every little ailment these days, so when a sniffle comes about on a Saturday morning they panic, and off to the ER they go. There is actually little need for an emergency room visit, outside of a true emergency, and much less for a doctors visit at all for that matter. If folks would educate themselves, they would find that ailments such as urinary tract infections, which this article mentions as a cause for a visit to the ER, can be treated without the aid of a doctor at all, simply by utilizing a product such as d-mannose.

Note: This message has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

top topics

join