It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would you stand with friends and Wonder's if TSHTF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sideband

oohhhh ya, they all know where I live and how to locate me, spilling the beans on me is alot diffrent then giving idea's to others on things they can do.
if your so right, then please give me a list of "ALL" my prepping and locations, make sure to give the GPS data so the ones who cant use a compass yet will be able to find me and my merry group of preppers...... what a turd

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
i have no friend or family. if tshtf

Then exactly what are you surviving for? What happens when you are the only one left and the solitude starts wearing on you day by day by day? When the work load is overwhelming because there is only you to do it? What happens when you have long hours through the night to reminisce about the family and friends you left behind?

Survival isn't just about being the last man standing. Survival is about keeping a number of people alive so that there is actually someone to have a future with.

I do not want to survive if I must do it alone, and I would take in refugees who were willing to learn to pull their own weight.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Completely agree. In the end the only ones who will truly survive are those who form up communities.

reply to post by onequestion

What happens if you get injured or sick? It can be quite painful and you can easily die if you do not find others to survive with. Not to mention the fact that you could get more than a little "odd" if you don't have anyone with you.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Then exactly what are you surviving for? What happens when you are the only one left and the solitude starts wearing on you day by day by day? When the work load is overwhelming because there is only you to do it? What happens when you have long hours through the night to reminisce about the family and friends you left behind?

Then your the only one who can end it
,hope you have the balls for that "What If"

I agree, group survival seems the only choice if you want any chance. If you think you dont know anyone, why not walk next door and ask, and work around from there....
A new form of dating if you will
If your alone, at least start your own prepping so you can at least carry your own weight. I started my group when I thought I had no one, alone with crazy thoughts

I made up my mind from the start, "Build a buddy Kit", a smaller B.O.B. kit for a trusted friend or for someone I do meet up with that I welcome in. I know I dont want to be alone if I have a choice. I just got back from being in the woods alone for 4 months, and let me tell you. Its great for clearing the mind and body, but damn I was a AM radio junkie just to hear someones thoughts other then my own. And I truely beleave I can talk to dogs and evil cabin raiding squarles now :IoI:
Maybe it gives me some peace of mind that Ill pull my own weight and then some. I "KNOW" there will be good people out there who wont be prepped or maybe they cant get to their gear for some reason. If TSHTF it will be the survivors who restore social order, morals, social standards and true self respect for others deserving of it, and turn wrong back to right.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing

oohhhh ya, they all know where I live and how to locate me, spilling the beans on me is alot diffrent then giving idea's to others on things they can do.
if your so right, then please give me a list of "ALL" my prepping and locations, make sure to give the GPS data so the ones who cant use a compass yet will be able to find me and my merry group of preppers...... what a turd

I'm going to reference your sig. "We mock what we dont understand....." As you seem to have not understood my post. Are you the BLOGGER? According to your post, you read that. You didn't author it. I specifically referenced the BLOGGER, not you. Now that that is covered and all of those little laughing guys are all laughing at your inability to comprehend what you read, we can get to the content of my post. Why would the BLOG AUTHOR have people, as in multiple individuals and groups, saying they were all coming over to his house if the balloon goes up? They would only say that if they knew what he had. The only way they would know was if they were told. Even if they only know about a portion of the stocks, they know enough to make the BLOG AUTHOR a target in hard times and having secret stashes means squat if you were killed for something someone only thought you had.
I will have nobody stopping by wanting a handout because nobody knows I have anything more than they do. Nobody. Not friends. Not family.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i have told friends AND family, to their faces.
you have known me long eough, i have given you enough warning, pointers and tips to make preparing easy and economical. do NOT come to my place.
if they should knock on the door, unprepared, with their family in tow, i can not support that many people...granted families with small children are exception, and it also depends on what said, SHTF situation is, it's completely unfeasible to think that i can provide food, water, bedding, shelter etc. for more than what i already have planned. that being said. if the were to show up, with supplies, come on in... if it was something very sudden and say, he and his family were caught out.. that's a different story. as long as i know we may be able to sneak to his place and recover his supplies i'm fine with it. but to think i keep enough on hand to supply every tom, dick, and harry that comes along is just madness. i just can not feed 15-20-30 people for weeks, maybe even months, until it may be safe to venture out.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

AGREED, Im not a Refugee Camp,Ill help who I want regardless if they are young or old, where I can and where I have planned for it.

Supplies and good deals are hard to find, but sharing thoughts and idea's are free!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Your right,Im wrong, sorry about the mistake, I thought you were refrencing me, my bad!!

Being said though, you sound like someone who will be looking for friends during hard times. Even Rambo couldnt do it alone!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Then your the only one who can end it
,hope you have the balls for that "What If"

I agree, group survival seems the only choice if you want any chance. If you think you dont know anyone, why not walk next door and ask, and work around from there....
A new form of dating if you will
If your alone, at least start your own prepping so you can at least carry your own weight. I started my group when I thought I had no one, alone with crazy thoughts

I made up my mind from the start, "Build a buddy Kit", a smaller B.O.B. kit for a trusted friend or for someone I do meet up with that I welcome in. I know I dont want to be alone if I have a choice. I just got back from being in the woods alone for 4 months, and let me tell you. Its great for clearing the mind and body, but damn I was a AM radio junkie just to hear someones thoughts other then my own. And I truely beleave I can talk to dogs and evil cabin raiding squarles now :IoI:
Maybe it gives me some peace of mind that Ill pull my own weight and then some. I "KNOW" there will be good people out there who wont be prepped or maybe they cant get to their gear for some reason. If TSHTF it will be the survivors who restore social order, morals, social standards and true self respect for others deserving of it, and turn wrong back to right.

On UK TV last year was a documentary from a video journalist whose aim was to live self-sufficiently in the Alaskan (or possibly Canadian) wilderness for three months. He had some supplies with him and a rifle etc and he filmed his daily journal. He had a radio to communicate with someone to call for help if he got into trouble but not to listen to. In other words he was totally alone with no other human voice or company.

Well, this dude started to go a little crazy right from the start and the further in he went the crazier he got. It was actually really interesting to see him deteriorate (and wonder 'would i go the same way?). He would cry for no reason, was totally crapping himself about bears (understandable!!) and his mental state fell into steady decline. He was meant to last 3 months - he lasted just under 1 before calling for help virtually paralysed with fear and anxiety.

My point being, this guy wasn't nuts when he went into the bush, but he was when he came out. No doubt after a hot shower and some food he started to recover and his hopefully alright not having learned an important lesson about himself. I believe that had he been with one other person it would have been different. I think he would've stayed sane and lasted the 3 months. Just that one person to share something like this with can make all the difference.

I have spent a lot of time in the bush here in NZ both alone and with company and I know what I prefer. For me, personally WTSHTF I want as many close friends around me as possible, even if it does mean more mouths to feed. Our mental sanity depends on it.
edit on 15-11-2010 by 3finjo because: typing too fast!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

Thats not suprising,alot of people who first move here cant handle the change in daylight, and then its the cabin fever you have to deal with. It gets so cold sometime you just dont want to go outside, one year tires were freezing sold at stop lights and cracking when the car took off when the light turned green. But you have to get out and about, even if its going next door to visit someone.
If you watch Jermia Johnson, they even made sure to include the crazy Mt Man, talking to himself and animals when they ran into each other, I know its Hollywood, but still a good flick.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's a good thing to have a few people in your life that you trust without a doubt. Count how many people you know that you could trust like that. I have a few friends that I trust with my life, its only a few. These are the people that you want to be around in a crisis. If you are fortunate to have friends like this and they have made plans also, you can help each other if you live near one another.

It might be sentimental of me but I would help the elderly in my community and give them some supplies and look out for them. A lot of people believe they would be better alone and I think exactly the opposite. I believe I would do bettter by helping others.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
A theme that keeps popping up in TSHF threads got me and mine a bit worried. I see a lot of city folk claiming they are gonna flee to the country, and if they have to come pillaging. Well we are country folks, when I hear people claiming they would come and raid places, because they feel their survival and families are more important. That will probably make my trigger finger a bit more itchy if TSHF, and I am sure I am not the only one. People will see my garden as a big bullseye, and will probably want all my supplies I have been putting together in my basement.

Agreed 100%. And if those refugees from the big City come and think they are so smart to come and take us country folk's supplies they are dead wrong, at least here in the south from Virginia to Florida. I think people in small towns will band together, and quickly form militias.Unlike some Manhattan lawyer, we know how to shoot and we know the lay of the land.

Any fool from a city would be well advised not to try and screw with us out here in the country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join