It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can watch you on your built in webcam if you come to my website!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has tried clickjacking one of those web cam girls. I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to do.
Just saying...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Havent you seen Jess Venturas episode on Big Brother? No one is addressing something basic. A wire alone to a speaker, or a mic not even powered... can be activated from a car in your driveway. All the permissions, code, power and flash issues are null and void..because they are not "ON".

There are things to aim at your house and compromise your equipment, phones...and you need not HEAR anything running.

Look at it this way. Unplug your computer, unplug your home phones, and leave the wires on the ground. These can be accessed anyway. Its been this way for a long, long time.

Im a peace activist-hippie from the 60's, and believe it. And my neighbors garage door opener keeps shutting off my television, and turning on my microwave (which is OFF). Thats just a very small point. And my headphones and stereo spkrs hum and crackle when I get a cell phone call, because the radio waves are picked up.

We fail to give any credit to Big Brother and the Machine........... Same principle. The difference is things dont NEED to be "ON".

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Im a peace activist-hippie from the 60's, and believe it. And my neighbors garage door opener keeps shutting off my television, and turning on my microwave (which is OFF). Thats just a very small point. And my headphones and stereo spkrs hum and crackle when I get a cell phone call, because the radio waves are picked up.

I don't believe it for a second. The television remote and the garage door opener operate on two different technologies. A garage door opener operates on radio waves, Television remotes operate on Infrared light pulses. Put a torroid on your headphone and speaker wires.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sideband

Respectfully speaking...how OLD are you sir/ma:am? Living thru the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, Millenium and to now.....many technological things have been conspiracy-challenged, dual engineered and proven valid. No debating here, but separate and diverse utilities and technologies can be utilized by other very different techs.

And someone born recently past the Millenium...may believe that the screensaver "fireplace" is a real fire. Or that a microwave cooks by "magic". Also, 2 cans connected by a string by two kids playing is a "phone".

If one thinks differently between micro-wave, radio-wave, short-wave etc, they are mistaken in that in ways unknown to us by ours and other governments, that they can very well be dually-utilized in ways unknown, or under-or-mis-understood by the general populace.

"Waves" are still waves...and waves can be "ridden" or jumped or "Y-split". If there is any kind of positive and negative wiring...well......

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Glad i seen this thread, think i will cover my built in web camera from now on.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I can not even begin to imagine why a TV and a garage door opened would be "dual engineered"
I am in my 40's and work in the computer field. I have an Electronics degree and experience in industrial controls and electronics repair. While you are right about all of it being a wave form of some frequency, your point looses validity in the application of the circuit. Your television is looking for a light wave in the Infrared spectrum. It is only sensitive to a small region of the IR range and is totally blind to anything not within that small window. On top of that, the television is looking for a specific sequence of flashes (words) of that IR light and then even those flashed "words" need to be at a specific frequency.
Now, if you had claimed that the neighbors CB or ham radio was opening your garage, that would make sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just remembered this thread when i stumbled across this piece in the daily Mail, UK.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whatevername

It need not RUN to use it. If the web cam becomes utilized as just a LENS-out to relay the recording to a remote location-site-vcr-dvr...you'd never hear it running. Im surprised you arent aware of the possibilities. It has been done before by the CIA.

Perhaps research remote usage of the camera lens while OFF to a far removed off-site, to access its line-alone...record that line and there you go...even without power, and while still into your computer. They used to tell us just because our home phones were hung up and the receiver buttons were 'down'...that they could still listen in to conversations in our homes.

Remote activation without knowledge of the parties has been going on by the gov and agencies for a very long time, and research materials exist of it implications. I will try and locate them and post those links or publications. Here are a few:

Free spy remote webcam activation Download - spy remote ...
Free download spy remote webcam activation Files at Software Informer - Capture images from up to 9 webcams and watch them online simultaneously. Multi-Webcam ...
software.informer.com/getfree-spy-remote-webcam-activation - Cached

Webcam SPY Activation at Remote Software Informer
Download Remote Webcam Spy Activation at Remote Informer: Buddy Spy, Fake Webcam, Hidden Camera 250x1.
remote1.software.informer.com/download-remote-webcam-spy... - Cached

Remote WebCam activation : webcam, remote, activation
Remote WebCam activation ... you're looking for some of the sleezy programs like NETObserve, or Webcam Spy.
www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Pascal/... - Cached

Linux Webcam Remote Activation - Free Downloads of Linux ...
Linux Webcam Remote Activation: spy desktop capture recorder viewer. OSAKit (Online Software Activation Kit), 1-More WebCam, Webcam 1-2-3
www.freedownloadscenter.com/live/linux-webcam-remote... - Cached

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: addition

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Havent you seen Jess Venturas episode on Big Brother?

The day I start taking technology advice from Jess Venturas is the day I start shaving with a lawn mower.

No one is addressing something basic. A wire alone to a speaker, or a mic not even powered... can be activated from a car in your driveway. All the permissions, code, power and flash issues are null and void..because they are not "ON".

Not really sure what you are on about...but why would someone "activate" a wire to your speaker? What does that even mean?

Look at it this way. Unplug your computer, unplug your home phones, and leave the wires on the ground. These can be accessed anyway. Its been this way for a long, long time.

And how do they access computers that have no power? Some kind of sorcery, presumably?

Im a peace activist-hippie from the 60's, and believe it.

I can believe you were a hippy quite easily. It's if you told me you were an engineer that I would call BS. You appear to have a profound mis-understanding of how modern techology works.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Im confused? Many here thinks things have to be on? I have not stated my profession. Respectfully, insulting me for being a "hippie" in the "days of discovery-Vietnam-protests and such" does not bode well for your abilities to be informed. It all provided all of us of information and abilities to comprehend and understand. Living thru Watergate, Vietnam, the IRAN Hostage crisis etc, etc, etc, etc, of what the C.I.A etc is capable of doing, well, I did not invent these ideas.

With this knowledge available in BOOKS (not LINKS. Remember BOOKS?) that the gov can and has done many things, Im only suggesting everyone do your own searching for the truth. (Why does everyone born after the BEE GEES want the LINKS? Go to the LIBRARY. Its that place where they keep all those BOOKS.) And also search the internet if you cant figure out how to get to the library without your GPS's..

Wires, and wires to speakers? Red lights on, and hearing them all work...or they cant? Youre kidding, rt? If you think things need to be "on" or plugged in, or activated...then you are missing the point entirely. I did not come up with these flights of fancy. The government did, and does. Any wild thing you can think of...they can already do, and has done. And probably, they still are doing it as well.

Follow the links above to other links and software programs for performing these "impossible feats"...there are many...TONS of sites providing you with info, more books and links and software.

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: addition

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Im confused? Many here thinks things have to be on? I have not stated my profession. Respectfully, insulting me for being a "hippie"

I didn't insult you for being a hippy. I insulted you for your lack of scientific and technological knowledge.

With this knowledge available in BOOKS (not LINKS. Remember BOOKS?)

Got shelves full of them. Which ones have you in mind?

that the gov can and has done many things, Im only suggesting everyone do your own searching for the truth. (Why does everyone born after the BEE GEES want the LINKS? Go to the LIBRARY. Its that place where they keep all those BOOKS.) And also search the internet if you cant figure out how to get to the library without your GPS's..

Yes, in the days before people used hyper-links, they used references. Perhaps you could provide some references to these books?

Wires, and wires to speakers? Red lights on, and hearing them all work...or they cant? Youre kidding, rt? If you think things need to be "on" or plugged in, or activated...then you are missing the point entirely.

Electronic devices require electricity to work. I'll ask again: how does anyone operate my computer when it is not plugged in to a power supply?

I did not come up with these flights of fancy.

Well, I'm glad you admitted they are flights of fancy.

Follow the links above to other links and software programs for performing these "impossible feats"...

If you understood them, you would know that the software you linked to are just standard remote control applications (apart from the first one, which was a trojan infected nasty) - they are not even hacker tools. To gain unauthorised access to someone's computer would need to compromise their security in some way. Though not even Gandalf is getting into my computer when it's turned off.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

*Cell Phone Spying
Reference: www.technolitis.com...

"…say you wanted more privacy and you don’t want anyone else listening to your cell phone conversations and text messages… So you say “let’s meet up and not talk on the phone”. Yes, the FBI can listen to your conversation in real life, without you knowing, whenever they want. Quoted from a news article on ZDNet:

“The U.S. Commerce Department’s security office warns that “a cellular telephone can be turned into a microphone and transmitter for the purpose of listening to conversations in the vicinity of the phone.”

An article in the Financial Times last year said mobile providers can “remotely install a piece of software on to any handset, without the owner’s knowledge, which will activate the microphone even when its owner is not making a call.”” This spy technology is called a “roving bug” and will function EVEN IF YOUR CELL PHONE IS OFF."

www.technolitis.com...

So friends...Searching should come individually from within each of us. And knowledge is a great thing. I will continue seeking until I go to the light...and certainly will not argue or fault those of different minds and faith, who are hanging out at the rest stops along the road of learning.

The truly informed take all knowledge...even that which proves itself completely wrong and off-base...good and bad, and use it to formulate their own opinions of what it true or not, or valid. I see youve made up your own minds as it should be. Use your own spheres of reference and form your own ideas and conclusions.

Again friends...its the MESSAGE...not the MESSENGER. And I in fact may very well be wrong on everything, and I accept that. Yet, what Im not wrong about, is the validity of these hypotheses, for I didnt create them...I just relayed them to you.

It is perhaps others are wrong entirely for not accepting the fact that maybe...just maybe...these things could possibly be true...or have yet to be proven wrong. There-in is the point. They may well be incorrect...or not. But it is not me that has to convince anyone. One must convince ones-self.

Geez! If I can find this stuff…..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Still more from todays news: Last updated at 1:47 PM on 24th November 2010

"Webcam peeping tom: Hacker jailed after spying on computer users using their own cameras "
By NEIL SEARS

"…They may have been unaware the webcams even worked."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

However the computer was still ON. If the power cable is unplugged from the power supply the only bit of power in that computer is a very small CMOS battery; definitely not enough to run a webcam. Even when my computer is on the only thing that could take over my webcam without me knowing it is Microsoft, and I know for certain that they don't. Also I know every little thing that is running on my computer and I frequently monitor which applications are accessing the internet.

You're too paranoid, I'm all for marijuana but if it is affecting you that badly then you need to lay off for a bit.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wrote this thread last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe I should of just replied to your thread. Would of received more replies, maybe.

It is one thing to commandeer a webcam, it is quite another thing to be able to pan, zoom, and focus!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkeligos

Insults do not serve you well. I do not smoke or take anything illegal. Im in law enforcement, and am tested constantly, both pharmacologically and psychologically. You however....apparently are not.

Heard of Tesla putting energy /electricity into the air to draw from some 80 yrs back ? How about HAARP? It is not so far fetched to be able to direct power to units unplugged. It has been done.

Additionally, I am hardly paranoid, but you are obviously in denial and wide mis-informed. There are many many sources available. Start reading on Tesla's desire to supply free-in-the- electricity to everyone.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

"extrapolate any angle you want"
The term is called dewarping.

Your right about not getting 360. I was lacking in description but meaning it was capturing a field of view comparable to a fisheye lens.
Not arguing with anything you say. Good points in fact.

Dewarping a fisheye
Starts with an image or video. Higher the resolution the better.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05bdd1904a17.jpg[/atsimg]

Then the math starts and you pick and choose what you want.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86c18e04093e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34faa1ae56ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e90195f7327.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join