It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OPERATION DARK HEART (Photos of Redacted Pages)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There are a number of threads discussing the pentagon burning copies of this book, but I haven't seen pictures of the redacted pages, so I uploaded them so you can share in my outrage.

The book in question is Operation Dark Heart by Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer

The book was redacted, a lot, on just about every page, sometimes a single name or phrase, sometimes paragraphs or in other circumstances full pages. The reason?

And now for you reading enjoyment:

Something about the 9/11 commission report. It says

to show the 9/11 Commission what we knew more than a year before the attacks: the basic details of REDACTED (my emphasis in bold added)

Apparently it is a threat to national security for the public to know the details concerning prior knowledge of 9/11

A few more redactions concerning 9/11:

And this one is an entire page redacted (note the blue highlight)

Same page

Following page

what a crying shame the government can't trust the American public with such knowledge, but more importantly it exposes the department of defense as having something to hide.

To quote the note from the publisher:

the Department of Defense contacted us to express its concern that our publication of Operation Darkheart could cause damage to U.S. national security. This was unexpected, since we knew the author, Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, had worked closely with the Department of the Army, and had made a number of changes to the text, after which it passed the Army's operational security review.(my emphasis added)

edit on 13/11/10 by masqua because: Edited All Caps in title

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
what a crying shame the government can't trust the American public with such knowledge, but more importantly it exposes the department of defense as having something to hide.

Thats ok, the feeling's mutual. I stopped trusting in the American government years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Any chance you could make the pictures bigger so we can actually read some of it?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Any chance you could make the pictures bigger so we can actually read some of it?

I'm sorry, I don't really know how to do that, plus I used a cheap camera to do it so even if you zoom in the page it'll probably be just blurry. I meant to just show how many redactions there are in the book, pretty much on every page. It's not really worth reading because with entire paragraphs blacked out there's no way of figuring out what he was possibly going to say, with a few exceptions such as where they redacted the details he wanted to give to the 9/11 commission report. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I fixed it for you.

Mods, should i change it to links? they seem a bit big?

There are a number of threads discussing the pentagon burning copies of this book, but I haven't seen pictures of the redacted pages, so I uploaded them so you can share in my outrage.

The book in question is Operation Dark Heart by Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer

The book was redacted, a lot, on just about every page, sometimes a single name or phrase, sometimes paragraphs or in other circumstances full pages. The reason?

And now for you reading enjoyment:

Something about the 9/11 commission report. It says

to show the 9/11 Commission what we knew more than a year before the attacks: the basic details of REDACTED (my emphasis in bold added)

Apparently it is a threat to national security for the public to know the details concerning prior knowledge of 9/11

A few more redactions concerning 9/11:

And this one is an entire page redacted (note the blue highlight)

Same page

Following page

To quote the note from the publisher:

the Department of Defense contacted us to express its concern that our publication of Operation Darkheart could cause damage to U.S. national security. This was unexpected, since we knew the author, Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, had worked closely with the Department of the Army, and had made a number of changes to the text, after which it passed the Army's operational security review.(my emphasis added)

edit on 13-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

thanks, by the way how did you do that?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You had linked to the thumbnail, I just removed the /thumbs/ sub directory from the link

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The last picture gave me a chuckle due to all the webbot predictions concerning the "tipping point" on the 14th or 15th. Low and behold the chapter number and title.
I really don't believe the webbot thing but I thought it was amusing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19107c3f095e.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Poor Col. Shaffer, it's a shame how the DOD and Pentagon have treated him.
I salute him for standing up for the truth.
The 9/11 commission totally ignored him.
Shaffer is a True Patriot.

There are many more just like him

That gives me hope.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
911 was done to get us into a war, they were let in to do the job so that we could get rid of saddam hussain at the time, because of his influence over the oil over there. Why do you think oil wells were burned over there? This was for preparation to take over and control the oil in the area, and more areas are yet to be controlled as to date. Control the oil and resources and you control the world.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Shaffer needs to "leak" a pdf/word copy of the book in its entirety. The mere fact that it is redacted so heavily only proves that the criminals in DC fear what it has to say.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The story is still interesting. Just to share some of what I've already read: So basically he says

the new orders, handwritten by Ranger G2...sitting in the warmth of my black fleece jacket

Clearly he was given some type of order, and the entire paragraph before it is redacted. So they censored some part about getting orders, and later on, a few soldiers were "they weren't happy" one soldier said "This won't work" an entire sentence is censored.

They also edit out a lot of his background missions.

"I worked for the air force REDACTED"

"Other operations I handled by going undercover. REDACTED THE REST OF THE PARAGRAPH."

They obviously don't want even his previous missions to be known.

So another part he says he was only permitted to do what was permitted by the highest levels, then an entire paragraph is redacted, and he starts talking about individuals trained at a terrorism camp

He mentions how he was planning for the support for the invasion of Iran in 2003, the rest of the paragraph is redacted. Why would they redact an operation about the 2003 invasion of Iraq?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
here's a really weird one:

"I picked up the name REDACTED from a REDACTED movie, SENTENCE REDACTED, who molds his company into a combat-ready fighting machine. PARAGRAPH REDACTED the unique chronicle, mostly in your head, which you maintain."

He's talking about some movie and the DOD edited that out? Are they afraid of us knowing Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer's favorite movie stars?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

"I picked up the name REDACTED from a REDACTED movie, SENTENCE REDACTED, who molds his company into a combat-ready fighting machine. PARAGRAPH REDACTED the unique chronicle, mostly in your head, which you maintain."

He's talking about some movie and the DOD edited that out? Are they afraid of us knowing Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer's favorite movie stars?

Or gives credence to the idea that the future is played out through different sorts of media (i.e. TV, movies, etc.)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have heard soo much about this book, it reminds me of the wormwood diaries that were similar.. apparently the people who wrote it died weeks after publishing (or murdered?)
either way, i suggest you look it up because it would be quite an interesting read.
In response to the post above me, i also believe they edited it out because of how movies condition us of upcoming events.
even that bloody trailer that comes on when you come onto ats! what do you think that is?
Aside from being annoying, all these stupid one word titled movies are now here for a reason and we are obviously being conditioned into some sort of alien invasion wether it is going to be real or not.
Back onto topic though, lets find the original copy of this book.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I have to laugh at the American government and their hypocritical antics this is like a book being released in Iran or North Korea censorship at its best what a joke.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Or gives credence to the idea that the future is played out through different sorts of media (i.e. TV, movies, etc.)

I'm not actually sure what you mean by this. Judging that your avatar picture is of V for vendetta I'm guessing you believe that fiction influences reality which I do not deny but I don't see how it pertains to editing out something about a movie. Do you think the DOD doesn't want people to reference a certain movie? Can you clarify what you mean?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Operation Dark Heart? What a piss-take. Though it does continue the great American tradition of giving hilarious names to military operations, all it does is perpetuate the myth that black ops are always dark and shady and morally questionable.

Regarding the blacked-out sections, for the most part it is worthless classification for the sake of classification, as I have posted about several times. On page 15 they black out the name of Ned Beatty who starred in the movie “Deliverance”, for example. The scientist Steven Aftergood, after comparing different versions of the book concluded that only 10% of the redactions have "some conceivable security sensitivity".

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is an online excerpt from the book:

ebookpedia.net...

Still looking for full pdf version : )

top topics

<<   2 >>

join