It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We cannot, need not beat, Al Qaeda: UK Army chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We cannot, need not beat, Al Qaeda: UK Army chief

www.rawstory.com

The head of Britain's armed forces said Sunday that Al-Qaeda can never be completely beaten, but argued that outright victory is "unnecessary" as long as governments are able to contain the militants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's frightening that it took someone this high up to realize the obvious. Perhaps its more an outright admission of utter failure. Carpet bombing people into submission will never work, there will always be the rogue elements or hardcore fanatics. However if certain countries who shall remain nameless can somehow understand the concept of laissez faire politics, maybe global conditions can improve. The problem though is that Al Qaeda will strike again and arguably it will be much worse. In the meantime civil liberties and privacy will continue to erode.

brill

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
They have seen the the growth of the monster they have created, hiding in the shadows and they fear it, because the more they kill the more it grows. It feeds off of hatred, rage and anger and the lust for vengeance whilst using the faith of Islam and the implication of justice and righteousness to gain numbers and strength.... It creeps into the cities spreads and grows arms and branches... They have finally foreseen the consequences of their bloody wars. And are beginning to see the utter futility in their battles.

They foolishly, and cowardly opt for some kind of containment of this monster, but should realize that is no longer an option, it has grown, knows no borders or lands that it can't call home, with family and friends and a mosque in each.

Bow before the monster you fools have created, convert before it is too late for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You know I have to say, what a load of paranoid tripe!

The average person just wants the same thing, regardless of their religion, color, nationality, sexual orientation or lifestyle.

To have a fair chance, to lead a peaceful life, a happy home and family, some food on the table, some leisure time to enjoy life, and an honest way to make a living.

Violence is a cycle that stops once one side breaks the cycle, sure resentments linger for a few generations, but eventually when you apply the same standards, fair standards across the board, people realize there is nothing to really fight about.

It doesn't matter who started it, it matters who is big enough, and wise enough to end it.

Fact we could have bought every Palestinian a mansion on Lake Geneva with as much money as we have dumped into Israel.

Fact we could have bought every Afghani a condo in Monaco with as much money as we have dumped into bombing people living in the stone age, back into the mud age.

We actually drop 100,000.00 dollar munitions on 10.00 stone huts, that if we just offered the people living there 1,000.00 dollars and gave them a 10.00 sledge hammer they would have knocked the thing down themselves.

Lets face it there are those in the west that are as bent on vengence, and dominance through force, as there are those in the east.

Arguably we are a lot better at it, but the lesson here is you can't dominate people by force, who don't want to be dominated.

So the truth is that the East has no better chance in dominating us by force, than we have in dominating it by force.

What you are ultimately arguing is genocide of an entire religion, and I think history has already shown how that works out.

NOT TO GOOD.

If the smallest branch of the Abrahamic Religions could not be wiped out with state sponsored systematic genocide, then it's not a real safe bet to even imagine that the largest one could.

You might want to check the Nuremburg Trials and rethink your whole strategy.

I don't see any difference at all between what you are 'espousing' and what your so called 'enemy' is espousing, except that if they preached it online, they would probably have their door kicked down and end up in some secret prison somewhere.

But thanks to people who support that, it won't be long to anyone who doesn't blindly obey government policies will too.

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Why do you bring up that we could of done.
We're grown ass man and don't have to do anything for anybody.
"we could buy them a mansion"
Why the hell should we? WHY?
Do they honestly deserve it, do all of them deserve a mansion?
Hell No.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

None of that changes the reality of the situation. However I'm sure most average people are thrilled by having such greatness as yourself so eloquently describing what they want.

In time, even the delusional egomaniacs will see the true face of this enemy.

Prepare, the days of vengeance will come.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

None of that changes the reality of the situation. However I'm sure most average people are thrilled by having such greatness as yourself so eloquently describing what they want.

In time, even the delusional egomaniacs will see the true face of this enemy.

Prepare, the days of vengeance will come.

So in other words you think a vague, ill defined fear, is suficient cause to continue indiscrimately murdering wholesale men, women and childen with stand off and attack weapons, and automated unmanned killing machines, in distant parts of the world, because you imagine they all want to kill you for what our government and corporations have done to them.

Here is an idea, change the government and the corporations! Less messy, less expensive, less indiscriminate.

Now assuming you are correct, then who becomes the next enemy after that? I mean anyone who is different than us, that has resources our corporations and government wants to control is going to become a target eventually.

So could you define and describe the "Super Race" that you envision won't be a threat to 'us'.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You still can't see the enemy you've created?

By the way, whether we stay and fight, continue this insane "war on terror" or not makes no difference.

So, if you want to keep the war going, do so by all means.

If you want to be all peaceful and end the war, and play that for political advantages, do that, or whatever it makes no difference.

This enemy is patient, calculating, more motivated, more powerful and widespread than ever before and, it will strike again regardless of what the west does, or does not do with current wars. Bringing them to the middle east has proven to be more beneficial to their global cause than even they had anticipated. Hell, there are even high ranking AMERICAN Al Qaeda members now.

Seeing is believing, and you ain't seen nothing yet.

But you will. They are literally all around you.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

This enemy is patient, calculating, more motivated, more powerful and widespread than ever before and, it will strike again regardless of what the west does, or does not do with current wars. Bringing them to the middle east has proven to be more beneficial to their global cause than even they had anticipated. Hell, there are even high ranking AMERICAN Al Qaeda members now.

Errrr.no they are not! You imagine them as some global organisation, plotting and scheming across the world to bring mayhem, death and destruction upon us all. That is simply not the case.

High ranking American Al Qaida? Surely you jest?
The two biggest "American Al Qaida" they wave at us, Adam Gadahn and Yousef al Khattab, are both good Jewish boys dressing up and acting scary.
Ever wonder why everything they do or say is also brought to us courtesy of a single source, namely SITE Intelligence Group? They too are an Israeli group whose sole purpose is to feed more and more of this laughable propaganda into our press and governments.

As PT has so eloquently explained above, most of the people we are told want to kill us all and whom we must fear are ordinary people just trying to live their lives and who love their families. When those loved ones get blown to bits or shot by western forces, and shrugged off as simple collateral damage in some needless attempted conquest, then yes, they will fight back any way they can. After all, WE are the invaders of their lands and the killers of their families. Are they supposed to just sit back and accept it? Would you?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

As PT has so eloquently explained above, most of the people we are told want to kill us all and whom we must fear are ordinary people just trying to live their lives and who love their families. When those loved ones get blown to bits or shot by western forces, and shrugged off as simple collateral damage in some needless attempted conquest, then yes, they will fight back any way they can. After all, WE are the invaders of their lands and the killers of their families. Are they supposed to just sit back and accept it? Would you?

The corporate media has done an excellent job of convincing we Westerners they hate us because of our freedoms and want to kill us bla bla bla. I always ask people who believe this garbage if someone invaded your country and occupied it how would you feel? If my country was invaded and occupied there would be an "insurgency" unlike any seen before. Good post friend.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't believe that there is such a thing as Al-Qaeda. When did they last commit a big attack? ''They'' claim responsibility for relatively small attacks, which is strange for an organization or network that is said to be very sophisticated. To me it seems there are many small terrorist organization, but not one united front under the organization of Al-Qaeda. That's a Western hoax in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well did we “beat” Irish Republican terrorism? It still exists today but the threat has been reduced to a more acceptable level, that’s the plan for the Jihadists too. The key is to go about it the right way, it isn’t all about killing.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You still can't see the enemy you've created?

Honestly no, I try to avoid my estranged wife at any and all costs, phone calls too!

I really suggest buying a puppy, or a kitten, but do be WARNED cats are far more demanding than dogs. Having something to talk to and share unconditional love with can make all the difference in developing a less isolated more socialized view of the world.

But you will. They are literally all around you.

Sure they are, by the way are some of these Al Queda operatives little green men with antennas on the top of their head or pink elephants?

You see my friend, America was meant to be the home of the free and the brave, not the utterly enslaved to paranoia and fear.

It's a melting pot of all kinds of religion, ethnicities, lifestyles and traditions, where EXCEPT for the attitudes of the occassional bigot, the vast majority of people get along in an atmosphere of laws that are applied evenly.

With each successive wave of immigration there have always been some fears and tensions, usually from people who felt disenfranchised to begin with, in turn we have feared the Irish, the Chinese, the Italians etc, as refugee crisis in their parts of the world from war or famine led them to our shores to seek a better life.

If you were a hundred and fifty years old instead of 15 you would have heard all this "they are taking over" "they are everywhere" nonsense a dozen times before.

The United States of America, is designed to assimiliate everyone and anyone.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

No one really knows who Al-Qaeda are, they arn't bombing our cities or at our borders, so what's to worry about, we always need a bogey monster so they can take away our rights as citizens here in the UK and America.

We should spend more time Defending our country rather than Offending others

I mean is no-one suspicious that the 7/7 and 911 incidents still cannot be directly linked to Al-Qaeda and that these are the only major threats to have happened. If they really wanted to infiltrate, this would have happened a lot more often.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm not here to win popularity, make friends or collect stars and flags. I don't care what you or anyone thinks.

In the end, with time, the truth will shine through all of the crap here.

All of the words, fanciful conjecture and speculation will not change that.

My view of the world will not be moved nor changed, especially after being on the other side for long enough to see what is being planned.

I have a puppy, and an ex-wife too. does that somehow make me more acceptable to you now?

Have a nice day PT, enjoy oblivion while it lasts.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Aye so true...We really could have simpy dropped money from the B2s and kept everyone home all snug and safe.
Im sure the amount weve pissed away on military adventurism, would have made every afghani and Iraqi rich enough to live a happy life of gratitude and friendship with such prolific benefactors.Iinstead we starved their children to death, and made ot difficult if not impossible for them to obtain proper medical care.After which we destryoed their infrastructure and their cities,while tying up their natural resources.Now we are charging them exhorbitant fees to rebuild what we ourselves destroyed.hmmmmm
The taliban had all but eradicated the opium production, which has blossomed a hundred fold since the invasion of afghanistan.
Russia is awash with cheap heroin from the fields of afghanistan .One wonders if their isnt a concerted effort to further weaken the country from within......
No question in my mind these wars were staged for profit and power.Their morality and the basis of their engagement is undoubtedly false.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brill

I started a thread on this in the war on terrorism forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was saying that i cant see an end to this war unless they find all of them and kill them all coz their kids will be having kids who will be having kids 60 years down the line who will be fanatics and so this will continue....

I asked the question: Is it winable or neverending?

edit on 14-11-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding text

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by brill

I asked the question: Is it winable or neverending?

I think the reply to that is front and center. Some people believe that Al Qaeda can be defeated readily with sheer firepower and an aggressive campaign. Not gonna happen, that is the misguided thinking of a delusional troll. What I don't get is why they haven't hit again. Let's be honest it wouldn't be that difficult even with heightened security for another 9/11 attack, at least in terms of collateral damage. A coordinated effort is all thats required for mass suicide bombings all across america. Why that hasn't happened is anyone's guess but the timing is ripe given all the economic problems faced. History shows you try to hit your enemy at their weakest which sure as hell looks like now. Imagine the panic and chaos if they hit hard now, it would be a turning point on so many levels.

brill

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

What I don't get is why they haven't hit again. Let's be honest it wouldn't be that difficult even with heightened security for another 9/11 attack

Honestly there has been no proof ever presented in a court of law that displays Al Queda was behind the September 11th attacks. Osoman Bin Laden is wanted for the Bombing of the U.S. Cole and the Embassies in Africa according to the FBI Website.

There are other suspects for 9-11, and while it remains convenient to 'assume' it was Al Queda I think your own observation of why they haven't hit 'again' is very telling.

Narco terrorists, and illegal immigrants 'hit' us every day of the week, 24/7/365 so you really do have to ask the question.

Further I think you also have to consider that Al Queda and the Muslim World in general had nothing to gain on 9-11 and everything to lose.

Certainly they would have understood that the response such an attack might trigger would be harmful overall to the Muslim World and their own organization. After all the lack the Military Capability and defensive and offensive projection capabilities to fight on any real conventional level.

Sadaam's army was the largest in the Arab World and it was reduced within a couple months of arial bombardment in the First Gulf War to quickly surrendering once the tanks started rolling under a withering storm of firepower and death that they could not rival.

Do you really think guys with Ak-47's and a few RPG's living in caves felt up to par to taking on the standoff and attack weapons, arial fire power, and special forces operations we displayed in the First Gulf War?

That they would have essentially been setting up the entire Muslim world to suffer extreme hardship with absolutely no tacticle ability to withstand or repel the immediate invasion and no force projection ability to strike at the heartland of America.

Let's consider Hitler stopped at the English Channel because he really had no way to get an army of occupation across it.

If you really imagine that Islam thought that the 3-4 Muslim Americans were going to rise up and some how conquer the 400 million Americans that aren't Islamic then you are really living in a fantasy world.

They would have known all this would have strengthened Israel's hand, and in truth Israel was the big winner on 9-11 as the enemy of my enemy becomes my friend.

The Islamic World had absolutely nothing to gain in 9-11 and everything to loose.

When you consider conspiracy theorists like the late Bill Cooper was saying in the late nineties that he suspected the U.S. Goverment would stage a spectacular Terrorist Act on U.S. Soil and blame it on Osama Bin Laden, and that TV Shows like the Lone Gunman even produced an episode before the attacks of a Jet Plane Attack on the World Trade Centers, not to mention that my 4 inch thick seat back cushion functions as a safety and flotation device and that box cutters are only 2 inch blades, combined with absolutely no trials, what you do have is in fact just an assumption that Bin Laden carried off the attacks. When you further consider that Bin Laden Sr. and Bush Sr. are partners in the Carlysle Group that has over 400 advanced technology companies under it's umbrella, many of them defense and areo-space related, and the previous ties between the CIA and Bin Laden in the Afghan War against the Soviets, what you do in fact end up with, is a very thinly veiled religious crusade, mostly being supported by the religious.

Personally I think we have all been had, and I have met too many wonderful Muslim people over the course of my lifetime, living happily here in the United States, who were just as happy to have a scotch and soda at an Atlantic City Casino as I was, while playing a game of bakarat or blackjack to even imagine in my wildest dreams they secretly desire Sharia Law.

I think our Government and the Intelligence Community and it's attached Military Industrial Complex is our greatest enemy to peace and stability and real security, not Islam.

new topics

top topics

join