It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim group plans Remembrance Sunday protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Muslim group plans Remembrance Sunday protest

www.torontosun.com

A group that protested Remembrance Day celebrations in England have vowed to demonstrate again Sunday.

The organization, Muslims Against Crusades (MAC), said it will fill two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. on Remembrance Sunday "with an unrelenting condemnation of the British Armed Forces."

Remembrance Sunday is held on the second weekend in November in the United Kingdom. It is marked my ceremonies at local memorials as well as two minutes of silence at 11 a.m.

The same group burned a large model of a poppy and chanted during a moment of silence during Armistice Day ceremonies on Th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, good luck to the police tomorrow as I imagine this won't be taken lightly this time and if anything I think the former actions of these supposed muslims have no doubt scored an own goal in regards to what they may face tomorrow.

I'm imagining the police will be working over time to prevent violence. Because this time people may be expecting this stuff to occur.

Time will tell.

www.torontosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If they go through with it, then they do not deserve life. How dare they protest a ceremony that remembers the fallen heros that fought for THEIR freedom. If something like that happened here in the US, I would be so very, very, very angry. How dare they..

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wouldn't tomorrow (today, 14th) be perfect for a false flag to be blamed on the muslims... an attack on remembrance day... that would cause outrage...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Oh man this will kick off and I am not surprised. Can you imagine a bunch of ex-soldiers walking past hearing that and what they will do? Sure many will be too old to do much, but a lot won't. Another sad thing is that the police will have to protect those extremist idiots while at the same time hating them - and trust me they will hate them with a passion but as a cop you can't act on your passions. A LOT of cops are ex-military anyway and will be even more upset.

Lets hope that wherever they protest the cops are nowhere to be seen and they get the filling in they deserve.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I thought I'd post this to show some muslim's do appreciate our fallen hero's.

www.croydonguardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What's wrong with these people? Jeez.

Why don't their elders go down there, grab em by their scruffs and kick their sad, sorry arses hard all the way home, cos that's what I'd do if I thought any of mine were amonst them.

I'd be so ashamed if any of my kids turned out like them.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If they plan on holding this demonstration, then legally they should notify the authorities of their intention to do so, in which case the council or the Police can petition the Home Secretary to ban the protest on the grounds it would be disruptive, much like they did to the EDL march a couple of months ago. That said, if it is a static demonstration, then I do not believe such action could be taken.

Also, I did read the the thread about the Poppy burning demo the other day, but was too busy at work to chime in. I did see alot of people wandering why they weren't arrested for incitement to racial or religious hatred.

I am willing to bet that, much like the Students who rioted in their demo, they where having their pictures taken and evidence collected for them to be arrested and prosecuted at a later date. They did this to the Muslims who did much the same style of protest at a repatriation of dead soldiers. They got sent down for a few years each as a result of their hate filled nonsense.

If people really are upset by these idiots, then I strongly recomend that complaints be made to the Police. People must remember that, on the whole, the Police are here to "keep the peace" not "enforce the law". If complaints are made about these idiots, then the Police are obliged to ibvestigate and I can pretty much gurantee charges will stick. Instead of whining about it on internet forums and facebook, we should exercise our rights and use the law.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Abid Khan, from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat said: “This was a very sad incident that will have caused deep pain and regret to all decent and tolerant people.

“These protesters are happy to receive British citizenship and all the benefits and freedoms that go along with it and yet on the other hand they fail to respect or show any decency towards the people of this country.”

The above was taken from the source - this is exactly what many on ATS have said of the same incident these past few days. Also, the sect is a minority sect that differs from mainstream Islam. Differs in that they actually respect life and other people to have different beliefs I bet. Good on them! They are a credit to their religion and a fine example of what a wonderful religion (if there is such a thing...different topic entirely) Islam could be. Nice find for a bit of balance.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Very true, also those guys could have been arrested in order to prevent a breach of the peace (BOP). This legislation can be used against them if it looks like they would cause violence (even from others) on Sunday. Remove the cause, not the symptom.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I will be quite happy to let them waste their day rubbishing their cause. Hopefully now that the police have learnt some “hard lessons” from the student riots, they can go back to their brutal, repressive ways. That will go down nicely.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
well just my thoughts but webot and time wave zero say something massive is going to happen november 14th is this connected?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
If they plan on holding this demonstration, then legally they should notify the authorities of their intention to do so, in which case the council or the Police can petition the Home Secretary to ban the protest on the grounds it would be disruptive, much like they did to the EDL march a couple of months ago. That said, if it is a static demonstration, then I do not believe such action could be taken.

Also, I did read the the thread about the Poppy burning demo the other day, but was too busy at work to chime in. I did see alot of people wandering why they weren't arrested for incitement to racial or religious hatred.

I am willing to bet that, much like the Students who rioted in their demo, they where having their pictures taken and evidence collected for them to be arrested and prosecuted at a later date. They did this to the Muslims who did much the same style of protest at a repatriation of dead soldiers. They got sent down for a few years each as a result of their hate filled nonsense.

If people really are upset by these idiots, then I strongly recomend that complaints be made to the Police. People must remember that, on the whole, the Police are here to "keep the peace" not "enforce the law". If complaints are made about these idiots, then the Police are obliged to ibvestigate and I can pretty much gurantee charges will stick. Instead of whining about it on internet forums and facebook, we should exercise our rights and use the law.

The police seem to be on their side.. In fact EDL had their collars felt more than those who insited this.

It doesnt matter.

This happens when I march then there will be no filing away..

And the.p@@sies who tried to cover their asses will be shown for what they are. After all, ATS can be read by anyone. It goes both ways
If this hapensthen the country will change fairly rapid.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FBI 33
If they go through with it, then they do not deserve life. How dare they protest a ceremony that remembers the fallen heros that fought for THEIR freedom. If something like that happened here in the US, I would be so very, very, very angry. How dare they..

Who will march for the hundreds of thousands of Muslims killed for the almighty poppy, control over strategic land and especially oil reserves?

Where is the moment of silence for the innocents who have been needlessly murdered and declared unfortunate casualties of war?

What was the kill rate of Muslims per Soldier?

If spilled blood alone gives cause for respect, then perhaps the Muslims have through blood alone earned the right to protest when and where they damned well please.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Remeberance Day is not about Afghanistan or Iraq and these people shouldn't hijack it for their own ends. By protesting in the manner that these "people" are, they are pissing all over the memory of people who gave their lives to fight evil and defend our freedom, primarily in the two World Wars.

It's ironic, if you think about it. On the one hand you have people saying "don't tar Muslims with the same brush, these are a tiny minority". But then you have these creatures chanting "British soldiers burn in hell" and disrespecting the poppy because a minority of British soldiers killed in the last 100 years were done so fighting in iraq and Afghanistan, whereas the majority were killed truly fighting for the freedom of not only our nation, but the freedom of every nation on earth.

Also, these cretins had better remember that there were massive protests by the British people against these wars, yet somehow they feel they can piss all over us because "we're attacking them".

If they truly want a Holy War and have the balls to try it, bring it on. It won't last long.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Also, these cretins had better remember that there were massive protests by the British people against these wars, yet somehow they feel they can piss all over us because "we're attacking them".

Indeed. Millions marched against it. Yet they still want to destroy our ceremonies and thoughts and respects.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Remembrance Day

Belongs to everyone.

No one owns any day, nor how one chooses to use that day.

Wars are horrible, no matter which side you are or were on. Remembrance should not only be reserved for a select group or for only the good they have done... It should also be a time to remember the unspeakable evils of war, the injustice, torture and deaths of innocents.

NO MAN or MEN are better than any other, nor is any child or woman.

The downside of recent wars for the west is that they have failed to completely demonize Islam and all Muslims, and were unable to kill them all, because they keep showing up to haunt them whenever and wherever they can. It is an infuriating consequence of the ugly business of waging wars, and if you could you would likely murder them all where they stand and protest... It's a totally understandable, and entirely predictable reaction as you have been conditioned to be this way.

Respect and Remembrance should equally go both ways.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
If this hapensthen the country will change fairly rapid.

Good good! I hope you bash eachother heads in lol. I'm counting on this protest with poppy burning to go ahead so finally we can see some action (keeping my popcorn ready and hoping there is live HD telecast and later detailed gory pictures). You send them muslims back to iraq & afghanistan or wherever they came from and they send you (jews) back to israel (where you came from) so finally we can live in peace without any immigrants coming here and causing all wars and personal regional ethnic problems in our streets and country. If that's the change coming I hope it comes soon.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Prince Of Darkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

If complaints are made about these idiots, then the Police are obliged to ibvestigate and I can pretty much gurantee charges will stick. Instead of whining about it on internet forums and facebook, we should exercise our rights and use the law.

I hope it NEVER comes to a point in the US where the whining of those who are "offended" weighs more than the Constitutionally-protected right of the citizens to peacefully protest. Britain is going down a road to policing THOUGHT and I'm glad I'm not there, frankly. No matter HOW much I disagree with someone or might be offended by what they say or think, I would NEVER hold my emotions as more important than citizens' Constitutionally-protected rights.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

There's peaceful protest and there is incitement to hatred and violence. If you cannot understand the difference then that's your problem.

I am pretty sure you could not stand in a street in Washington or New York and call for the deaths of Americans, violent Jihad and the overthrow of the Government.At the very least, even if there right to protest is protected, they would eventually cause a civil disturbance as I am sure the locals would get rather uppity and cause a fuss.

So, if you don;t mind, you can step off the moral high horse and not presume you can lecture us in the UK about how wonderful and superior the US is, which we all know is utter crap.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join