It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com COINTELPRO? Must see!!! Hurry b4 its deleted! [HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by logicalthinking
Information regarding the IP address of ATS shows some shocking information. With myself posting this thread I imagine it may be deleted or I will be booted from the site.

No, you won't be banned, nor will this thread disappear. It'll only be added to the growing pile of threads already available on this topic.

What... you didn't think you were the first to discover this? Wait until you discover the REAL truth.

Would you be kind enough sir to give some tidbits of the REAL truth that you are still hiding? I do know that ATS is a place where there are a lot of people shouting that the sky is falling. In this aspect this website is successful though even this mentality is already changing. Some are already seeing the light while the others are still searching but they will get there eventually. Change is indeed upon us.
edit on 13-11-2010 by wavemaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking
Information regarding the IP address of ATS shows some shocking information.

Apparently you and your source would rather believe April Fools jokes, than do your own research.

Those "IP" numbers first appeared in an April Fools joke back in 2004: Original Post, and was picked up by several sources without any fact-checking.
1) None of those are valid IP addresses
2) None of those Subnets are even close to an actual trace-route of our IP address, then, or now.
3) The post is clearly labeled "April Fools" on April 1st.

Who's the April Fool now?

Seriously people... research? Fact check?

Moved to hoax and labeled the hoax that it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i thinnk if you trace around some time...everyone end up at langley ;S

link   
Ok and I am going to do my research and see what comes up, a friend of mine gave me this info and more info than just that. He actually told me that he didnt know if that part was true but i figured i would bring it up, with a title to attract and get some answers. But this is the tip of the iceberg, for now I gotta go, but I will return. Peace

link   
Oh my gosh...that was something I posted in 2004 for April fools day. ATS always had fun that day with jokes for the board. At the time I wasn't staff yet and posted that to join in the Aprils fools day fun.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I actually gave this quite a lot of thought a few months ago. I was reading another site that had a thread regarding this. I was worried initially, I felt that the site I had come to love and feel a part of had somehow lied to me. Then I made my peace with it. I'm not saying that ATS is/isn't a government run COINTELPRO, but I will say this:

Those who post this usually have an axe to grind, are banned members or have vested interests in ATS looking like a CIA outfit.

If it was, how come this site has been scathing of governments past and present, encourages 9/11 topics and leads the way regarding current conspiracies?

How come SO posts letters and reports from whistleblowers and insiders?

If it were, wouldn't you think they'd hide the fact a little better, a simple IP search seems an extraordinarily easy way to find out where they're from!

So does that mean if I have an IP address in London, does it mean I'm in cahoots with MI5 and MI6?? Seems silly to say the IP address is in Langley so they must be CIA!

Lastly, so the hell what?? Even if it WASN'T, all our posts, messages, threads etc would be available to see freely. Okay there may be less chance for us to be guided and controlled in what we post (or allowed to post) but we're pretty free here to do what we want, mind your language and be nice, don't post hoaxes intentionally and we can do what the hell we like, so where's the beef??

If it is COINTELPRO, then good for them. It means we're on the right track and they're scared!!!

I won't be losing and sleep over it, GOODNIGHT LANGLEY!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking But this is the tip of the iceberg, for now I gotta go, but I will return. Peace

Peace be upon you and Godspeed in your search for new discoveries.

Blessed be.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Oh my gosh...that was something I posted in 2004 for April fools day. ATS always had fun that day with jokes for the board. At the time I wasn't staff yet and posted that to join in the Aprils fools day fun.

Now your joke will be rehashed as fact for many many years to come by the ultra paranoid.

Now you know to never joke around when so many paranoid people are around.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you go and read the article on the other site the poster makes a HUGE DEAL out of ATS being registered and having it's whois info trackback to DOMAINS BY PROXY....

They then go on to rant about how there's a law enforcement tab on the front page of domain by proxy homepage and how ATS must have used that website to "REPORT his website to the cops and that's why he couldn't get into his site for a period of time"

Now here's my problem with this article

Maybe before you go about accusing someone of something you might want to do BASIC RESEARCH into how the internet works and more specifically maybe take the time to read up on what domains by proxy is rather than assume it's some SUPAR ULTRA SECRET NINJA GOVERNMENT WEB ENABLED BLACK HELICOPTER INTERFACE

Domains by proxy is a service that allows you to register your domain name THROUGH THEM so people cannot use whois to gather your corporate or personal info and other things... It's a SECURITY SERVICE to keep web proprietors information SAFE from hackers ET AL

Also with the area it's registered in I'd almost bet money that it's a godaddy affiliate which is one of the single largest domain name brokering services and WEBHOSTS on THE PLANET.

I repeat NOT A GOVERNMENT AFFILIATE but instead a LEGITIMATE precautionary business service for those with domains etc that could be prone to attacks and WHACK JOBS etc.

And it's a shame too because his mention of watch jakarta... *shivers* ATS is an interesting place to hang out no matter who runs it or what your opinion of them is.

As far as the Langley comments ... I have no way or desire of attempting to verify it's authenticity but judging by the laughable idiocy and TOTAL LACK OF BASIC INTERNET KNOWLEDGE that the whole domains by proxy rant shows... I just have a hard time believing anything else in the article

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I so regret that post 6 years ago. It's haunted the board and me for long enough.

I mean I posted this the very same day in the very same thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/13/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Wait until you discover the REAL truth.

So what if it's gov? So what if it's CIA? So what if the aliens are behind it?

It really does not matter to me because whatever the truth is, I feel certain there is a reason behind it and there is a purpose for it. And I believe that ultimately, it is necessary and that whatever information is collected will be used for the good of a better world. I think we are ALL being observed on every website out there. I remember a few years ago, almost every website I encountered had an eyeball symbol. It was announced in symbols, in plain view,..."you are being observed".

And Masqua, yes, I would like to discover the REAL truth. If you know it, why can't you spill the beans or at least give us a hint?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

C'mon mate, get your friends in Langley to make it disappear, they can do that you know??

If you want I can have a quiet word for you?

Just U2U me brother!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
BAD, BAD Super Moderator.
You should be publicly flogged every April Fools day! After a few shots of good whiskey of course.

edit on 11/13/2010 by kinglizard because: I hit the wrong button...returned post to original text....sorry

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You mean after they got to you?

*ducks*

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
BAD, BAD Super Moderator.
You should be publicly flogged every April Fools day! After a few shots of good whiskey of course.

I'll take the whiskey! Cheers!

Though I feel flogged every time this has been brought up over the last 6 years. So frustrating...how about some more whiskey?
edit on 11/13/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given
edit on 11/13/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

So, it's all your fault?!?

I think you owe us all a huge apology.

I think we need a new forum to decide what your punishment should be.

See what a few seconds of mischief has accomplished.

Do you feel happy now?

No more April fools jokes for you.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You mean after they got to you?

*ducks*

I won't answer that jokingly because it will be used in next years accusation. lol

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why are people still asking masqua what the REAL TRUTH is ?

THE REAL TRUTH IS THE LANGLEY ATS ADDRESSES WERE AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE

THEY ARE NOT EVEN VALIDLY FORMATTED IP'S ETC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok sorry to yell but it's starting to make me weep for the future again that people seem to be THIS DENSE on a site that is really only read by people that are considered "above average" in intelligence and etcetera... Normal people don't read in a YEAR what an ATS junkie does by tuesday morning in a given week.

And apparently even so called above average people can miss all FIFTEEN posts saying the ATS langley IP things were april fools jokes.... Personally I was pretty sure that was just plain wrong information so I never even bothered to run tracert or otherwise look into that claim...

But really if people read attached articles from OP's there wouldn't be so many people thinking that this has any legitimacy whatsoever... For the love of all that's HOLY the writer in the article that is CITED thinks domains by proxy is something sinister!!!

*shakes head* WOW

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Ya know......

The last time somebody got their panties in a bunch over a "whois" listing for abovetopsecret.com I actually went to the trouble of doing my own search. I discovered that the poster of that thread had not looked deeply enough at the whois.com data to discover the "awful truth" that ATS bought their domain names from GoDaddy! I know - it's shocking! LOL

The clue to this one is "Used: whois.nic.mil". By limiting the search to government networks, it's hardly surprising that it should return governmental IP addresses...(DUH!). If you search that system I'd be surprised if there wasn't a hit on the acronym "ATS". Something like "Army Technical Services" comes to mind..LOL

Of course this presupposes that the information contained in the source is accurate. Given the obvious bias of the sourced website, that supposition may very well be unsupported.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

What... you didn't think you were the first to discover this? Wait until you discover the REAL truth.

SHHH! They're not ready for...the REAL truth.

If they knew the REAL truth too early, well, heads would roll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join