It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for saved christians.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Are you supposed to tell if you are saved? I've cofessed Jesus but I still can't feel anything different. Is something wrong?

[Edited on 6/29/2004 by tylerco115x]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think you're maybe expecting too much. You expect to be saved by saying 'the' prayer several times... ?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
You expect to be saved by saying 'the' prayer several times... ?

Well thank you for responding, I edited that out of the comment. But what happened was I went to a church and was saved, but from that point my life became worse, so I assumed I did something wrong. I've been assuming that I did something wrong, and thats why I've said it more then once.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Can you really just go to church and be saved?
Sounds... a bit bogus, if you ask me. I've never been in a religious atmosphere, though, so I could be wrong, but I've never been under the impression that salvation is so easy to attain, particularly with regard to certain Christian denominations.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ERGHHHHH/...... I hate the whole "saved" thing. Its crap!
Being scooped up by a swimming pool full of jello in the nick of time as you fall off a mountain is SAVED.

You cant be "saved" by saying you accep t Jesus or going to church.
You want liberation? Talk to god. Pull out a drink, sit outside, look up at the moon and just start talking. Gods sitting up there waiting for you to say something.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
You mean you didn't recieve the playstation2 in the mail?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
hehhehe

That picture is great.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
You mean you didn't recieve the playstation2 in the mail?

Lol

Well thank you for responding anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When you are baptized and accept Jesus as your lord you are saved. It is your responsibility to follow his teachings and live life according to is word. You won�t wake-up the next morning and feel �saved� but when you die you will be. To live in the light of Jesus requires effort on your part, the more you live your life as the bible teaches the more blessed you will become in this life. You made a deal with God and must uphold your end. When you were baptized you started your life over in the eyes of God, you accepted his word and promise that you will not be forgotten and your name will be written in the book of life. (Eternal Salvation)

It takes faith to be �saved�, it sounds like you have faith and have already taken the first steps. You should be proud. You will find your life and spirit grow over the years if you truly accept him in your heart and live your life as he intended.
May God bless you on your journey.

Romans 10:9
Say and do this, confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord (SAVIOR) and believe in your heart that Father GOD raised Jesus from the dead and YOU shall be saved.

Romans 10:10
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Acts 2:21
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(verse about Eternal Salvation through Jesus Christ

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi. I hope I can answer some of your questions. If you've committed your life to Jesus you are indeed saved. It doesn't matter so much what you said as long as you meant it inside. I don't know if you've read the bible at all but it's an important part of being a Christian. If you start reading it (I recommend John's Gospel and the Book of Acts) I assure you that more of God will be revealed to you and you will start to feel God's presence.

When you read the bible it is especially important to pray before and after that the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to you. Jesus calls the Holy Spirit the revealer of all truth. If you ask him to reveal the truth of the bible to you then I guarantee you that he will.

But what happened was I went to a church and was saved, but from that point my life became worse, so I assumed I did something wrong.

You have done nothing wrong. Think the situation through logically. It says in the bible that God has given Satan control of the world for a period of time. Satan hates God and everything he stands for. It therefore stands to reason that if you give your life to Jesus and ask him to take control that the devil will retaliate. Your life is not easier when you become a Christian and you will face more problems than you would have if you hadn't, but to know the everlasting love of Jesus Christ in your heart and to have the amazing assurance that accompanies it it is surely worth it.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerco115x

Originally posted by parrhesia
You expect to be saved by saying 'the' prayer several times... ?

Well thank you for responding, I edited that out of the comment. But what happened was I went to a church and was saved, but from that point my life became worse, so I assumed I did something wrong. I've been assuming that I did something wrong, and thats why I've said it more then once.

If you are spiritual, then know this. The devil does not have to try to beat down people who do not believe in God, becuase he has already got them. He needs to do no more work. As for Christians, you will find the closer you get to god , the more the devil tries to ruin it for you. Or make you think it is the wrong choice. Have faith in God, come to him with your problems, and I promise you will no regret what you have done. And as for feeling differemt, a time will come when you will know that you are better off now. As for me, I started to see all the things that weren't right, like for some reason , I didn't want to drink anymore, or atleast get drunk, I felt better, happy, for everyone it is different , don't frat, be happy

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
go to church and say "i believe in jesus" does not or ever will get you saved. its rather more of a matter of how we live, how we treat others and how much love we gave.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Your referring to "amazing grace" as the feeling i'm assuming........
I've had it and it's wonderful, it's almost like a high except you can't get any higher...

When I first went back and had a heart to heart conversation with jesus and told him how sorry I was for all the wrong I did.

I was driving one day and was thinking about the whole thing and suddenly I became so happy I couldn't stop smiling, my eyes watered because I was so happy, and I vowed I would never leave him again.

It's hard sometimes with all the temptations around you but you'll get the hang of it and learn you don't need anything but love and the essentials.
As long as you have god (jesus) by your side and let him take over the wheel per se, your in divine hands and nothing can go wrong. Always let your heart guide you and not your mind, and remember the devil hates it when you pray. there are many forms of prayer, 1- just talking, 2- painting, drawing/art. 3- and 4 too long to write... my post is getting too long too, i could go on but i'll cut myself off for now.
lead my example, positivity, helping others, courage, and the difference to know whats right and act upon it.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh and church isn't a must btw...
All he asks is one hr a day, youdon't have to but once you start learning you'll want to... church is you. when your learning and loving what you learn that is church.

god says that the bread has been taken away from the "church". Meaning that the churches nowadays don't have the spirit of god in them.

You are the church, the dwelling place of jesus, when he's in you, thats church.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerco115x

Someone already has told you this but I'm restating as a confirmation to you. If you have asked Christ to forgive you of your sins and be the Lord and Savior of your life and meant it you are forgiven and saved. Now you are on your way to eternity with God and you will be growing closer to God and understanding His will for your life.

So now the bad news. satan wants to stunt your growth and make you an ineffective christian. Christians and non-christians face trials and troubles. When they come to the unbeliever, God desires that the troubles would cause them to seek Him and be saved. When they come to the believer they are to help us grow as a christian and to rely more upon the lord and, He is with us through them.

Before you were saved you were tuned into the world's radio station of "it's OK to sin" and it seemed like beautiful music. Guess what, you changed radio stations and God placed a new song into your heart. Now you don't want to sin, but still living in the world and in our flesh that can still sin, is hard. Just remember you turned and repented and are now moving in a new direction. God will keep you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do I still feel like God is with me in all things, not always. That's why you can't trust your "feelings". You need to read and study the Bible daily so that you will know what God says and you will know the truth about being a child of God and what that means.

Develope christian friendships and attend a Bible believing church to help you grow. When you are on ats or bts and you read posts that deny Christ, realize they are coming from someone who hasn't made the choice you have. Remeber Jesus says He will never leave you nor forsake you. Never means just that. Take care and use ats and bts to keep in touch with other christians. There are some on here.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think a person knows he is saved if he believes Jesus died for his sins and is his Savior, and that he has faith in God. The confirmation of one's salvation is his belief in this, and his faith in it.

Thomas Merton, in New Seeds of Contemplation, wrote about faith:

First of all, faith is not an emotion, not a feeling. It is not a blind subconscious urge toward something vaguely supernatural. It is not simply an elemental need in man�s spirit. It is not a feeling that God exists. It is not a conviction that one is somehow saved or �justified� for no special reason except that one happens to feel that way. It is not something entirely interior and subjective, with no reference to any external motive. It is not just �soul force.�

But also it is not an opinion. It is not a conviction based on rational analysis. It is not the fruit of scientific evidence. You can only believe what you do not know. As soon as you know it, you no longer believe it, at least not in the same way as you know it.

Faith is...an intellectual assent. It perfects the mind, it does not destroy it. It puts the intellect in possession of Truth which reason cannot grasp by itself. It gives us certitude concerning God as He is in Himself...

Faith is not expected to give complete satisfaction to the intellect. It leaves the intellect suspended in obscurity, without a light proper to its own mode of knowing. Yet it does not frustrate the intellect, or deny it, or destroy it. It pacifies it with a conviction which it knows it can accept quite rationally under the guidance of love. For the act of faith is an act in which the intellect is content to know God by loving Him and accepting His statements about Himself on His own terms. �

Faith is... the substance of things to be hoped for. By faith one not only attains to truth in a way that intelligence and reason alone cannot do, but one assents to God Himself. One receives God. One says �yes� not merely to a statement about God, but to the Invisible, Infinite God Himself. One fully accepts the statement not only for its own content, but for the sake of Him Who made it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Jesus in, Satan out, good times...

...congratulations and see y'all in Heaven

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
while i for one am not a "saved" christian, and many would consider me as someone thats on a one way path to hell, i can still help answer your question. sorry if i'm sounding a bit like the oracle from the matrix here but being saved is like being in love. nobody can tell you your in love, its something you have to know in your heart. i personally believe that god is all forgiving no matter how badly we screw up. the important thing is that you are able to forgive yourself. if you believe in your heart that you are saved then you will be saved. if you can't get over your own wrongdoings then you will be condemned.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by petey_pongo23
Jesus in, Satan out, good times...

...congratulations and see y'all in Heaven

I was just reading through and I saw this and thought to myself "what idiot wrote that?" Then I saw my screen name and I didn't think the person was an idiot anymore. See what happens when you judge people?

Did I really say that? You know, it's times like this that I wonder what else I have posted on the internet that doesn't make a lick of sense. I meant what I said, but it just looks funny if that's the only thing you saw and didn't know what I was talking about. That might make for an interesting away message...

[Edited on 8/23/2004 by petey_pongo23]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is no salvation until death. Until then there is only the battle of the two wolves within.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join