It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions and questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
1. When a thread is very popular there are a lot of the same basic answers from various members - this turns into a flow of repetutous reading and isn't really enoyable.

My suggestion would be to perhaps have the OP check up on his/her thread from time to time and copy the key points into the first post (by editing and of course giving full credit to the respective ATS member).
Think of it as a "FAQ on the thread".

This would be very user friendly, especially when considering that many just read the first post from the OP and immediately hit "reply".

I'm not necessarily saying that it should be made as a mandatory rule but it's definitely something I'll do if/when my posts become equally as popular and I encourage other members to think about this also.

2. Is it allowed to post hoax threads in the "HOAX forum", while being fully aware that it is a hoax?

Example:
I've found some great ghost pics and I know with a 100% certainty that they are fake - but they still might be worth other members' considerations (perhaps an ATS member have always thought that one of these pics were real and genuine - he/she has therefore learned something new, that it IS a fake).

3. If a member's thread has been debunked, can that member delete his/her own thread?
If no, what to do then?

And if no, would it be a good idea to implement this function?

4. This is an English speaking forum - would it then make any sense if I was to post a link to a source if this source is not written in English?

5. When is it considered "bumping"?
If I stumple upon some brand new information pertaining to an already existing topic I should post in that thread.
But is it frowned upon if the thread is more than one month old or so?

Thanks in advance
edit on 13/11/10 by Truthhunter80 because: wrote another question

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthhunter80

Truthhunter,

I don't do replies to threads with a lot of replies that I don't care to read them all and if I find the topic of the thread has been led off then I will to get it back on in a reply and have waked up some that are old. Some with near a thousand and more you know that noone has been reading them all, even the poster of the original thread, it gets rediculous. Those may as well be taken off after so long a time. How many hard drives and how super a server is it going to take after awhile if it isn't?

Truthiron.

new topics

join