It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin. supports Torture in Papua. WARNING: Graphic Footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Obama Admin. supports Torture in Papau.
WARNING: Graphic Footage

End aid to Indonesian special forces, campaigners tell Obama
“In secret documents from Kopassus, the Indonesian special forces, they state that they have a policy of targeting civilians and targeting churches in Papua,”

The leaked Kopassus list includes “the head of the Baptist Synod in Papua, the evangelical church ministers, intellectuals, students, community leaders,” Nairn says, adding that Obama should cut off assistance to the Indonesian military.

"When the US restored Kopassus aid last July, the rationale was fighting terrorism,” he writes. “But the documents show that Kopassus in fact systematically targets civilians."

Nairn points out that US companies have major interests in Indonesia, including the world’s largest gold and copper mine in West Papua itself.

www.english.rfi.fr...

Torture, A Routine Tactic for Security Forces in West Papua

For the second time in recent months video footage of torture by Indonesian security forces targeting Papuans has revealed the brutality with which Indonesian security forces oppress Papuans.

The latest torture videos clearly depict Indonesian security forces applying a burning ember to one man’s genitals and suffocating him while a second man had a knife held to his throat and face. This video footage follows footage this summer of a Papuan who was knifed while in custody. That video showed his agonizing final minutes during which he was taunted by the Indonesian security forces who dealt him his fatal wound.

akrockefeller.com...

Indonesia: US Resumes Military Assistance to Abusive Force
Obama Administration Lifts Ban Despite Military’s Lack of Reform, Accountability:
The Obama administration's decision to lift a more than decade-long ban on US military assistance to Indonesia's abusive special forces seriously undermines its commitment to promoting respect for human rights in Indonesia and weakens US standards for military cooperation globally. The US secretary of defense, Robert Gates, announced a limited program of engagement with the elite force, Komando Pasukan Khusus (Kopassus), while in Jakarta today.

Kopassus has been responsible for numerous serious human rights abuses - including killings, enforced disappearances, and torture - since the 1990s. The Indonesian government's failure to remove Kopassus soldiers convicted of serious abuses from the military, and its recent appointment of officers credibly linked with abuses to leadership posts within Kopassus and the Defense Ministry made repealing the ban particularly inappropriate

www.hrw.org...

So Obama visits Indonesia just this past week
and what is the most important thing
on his agenda?
The Forrest and Climate!

www.reuters.com...

commentary:
So we have Obama giving money, support, guns and
training to Indonesian Special Forces who torture and kill
people in Papua.

Ok, Obama, I get it
you don't give a [snip] about
stopping torture.

Just as long as that US Company keeps
mining Gold and Copper in Papua
everything is okie dokie.

WARNING: GRAPHIC FOOTAGE
in those posted videos.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
mods feel free to move this
if I put it in the wrong forum
thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
wow, up almost an hr
and no responses.
do we not care anymore??

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well bro...this kind of human rights abuse is so rampant around the world these days that most people feel numb when seeing innocent people tortured. Thats the world we live in........

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
delete
edit on 13-11-2010 by lostviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

The anglo american empire is responsible for so much evil, its liek you say, people are just numb to it.
Pure evil exists and how anyone can think karma exists in this world is beyond me, the peopel running society are just out to kill and torture.

Of course obama has no choice to to let this stuff happen as he has no real power over who does it. Have not watched the vids, as i prefer not too, but man.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
the people running society are just out to kill and torture.

Of course obama has no choice to to let this stuff happen as he has no real power over who does it. Have not watched the vids, as i prefer not too, but man.

you're right
there is pure evil in the world
and that lets me know for certain
that there is a Devil. And if there
is a Devil, then there is a God as
well

And I do think Obama does have a choice,
he's the one who against his advisors' advice
went ahead with the support to the Indonesia
Military. He could have said no. But he didn't.
And to me that says a WHOLE lot.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong
Well bro...this kind of human rights abuse is so rampant around the world these days that most people feel numb when seeing innocent people tortured. Thats the world we live in........

Our world needs to change then !!!
2nd

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Our world needs to change then !!!
2nd

Well you're right about that one.......but this world is only gonna change when it gets worse.....gotta get worse to get better.....something real big gotta happen to shake everyone outta their boots, myself included...only then we'll start to see things differently...well some of us at least!

Regards,

ringht_n_wrong

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
West Papua should NEVER had been given to Indonesia in the first place and must return to PNG as it's rightful nation. Please keep in mind these people assisted our ANZACs during WW2 and we owe it to these WP people to help them.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's more proof that Obama is a Muslim and sympathizes with his Indonesian oppressors. After all these are only Christians that are being tortured. I look forward to the day when Obama is exposed for what he really is, and he is brought to justice by a vengeful God. It is despicable to give aid and comfort to this satanic, oppressive, muslim, government.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is exactly why I keep warning everyone the world is at a stage of WW3 and is out of control.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

they had more effective & less physically invasive/damaging ways of getting information in the 50's.
I don't understand why they resort to crap like this.

-B.M
edit on 29/11/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

top topics

join