It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher paddles student for failing science test in Alabama-stan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I see nothing wrong to a teacher punishing a poor performing student. It's the "everybody is a winner" attitude that has gotten America into the mess it's currently in. Our school performance is dropping in contrast to other developed nations. We need a stricter school conduct code, and more vested interest by both parents and their kids to counter our failing school system.

[gratuitous site link removed]

edit on 11/15/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe it was a liberal into S and M with little boys... all the speculation is guessing.

Frankly, it sounds made up to me, 12 year olds don't go home and ask Mom to see if there is anything wrong with their butts after getting spanked.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I can understand if the kid was being a problem, but for failing a test? WTF? I graduated 4th in my class and I still failed a few tests. If that had happened to me, I would have retaliated myself. I've always been a tit for tat kind of person. If kids get physical punishment for performing poorly, no good will come from it. What if he really tried his best? What if the teacher is one of those who makes them read all class then sends them home with a ton of homework because he/she is lazy?

If the kid beat the crap out of another student, I would expect the responses I have seen here. Has it really become acceptable in everyone's eyes here?? You know, there's a word for someone who gets hit because he doesn't perform at an expected level. It's called slavery.

Who cares if he doesn't excel at science? Literary interpretation was never my strong suit, but hey I've never used it since. I played to my strengths in math/science. There is no way I would have allowed this to happen to me without fighting back. The moment you allow your kids to be punished this way, you might as well tell them they have no human rights at all.

<< 1   >>

join