It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] MVP-poll offically started

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I know the game isnt entirely over, but if the only ppl that can finish it are the ring finders, then i think we can start collecting votes for the poll. Everyone is welcome to wait until the final ring bearer is named, or may vote already if they know who they want to name as MVP of FTR.

Some more specific details:
U2U me your votes, i want to make this as fair as possible so i dont want to worry about multiple anonymous votes from one person. You need not worry about me tipping the scales in my direction(or any direction for that matter) cause, come'on, with me being too busy to do much in the hunt, I wouldnt even vote for myself.

I will post who i recieve votes from, to let voters verify i have recieved their votes, but who ppl have voted for will not be released by me. Ppl have a right to their privacy.

I will annouce the winner some time after FTR has been completely finished, to give everyone a chance to vote. Voting for yourself isnt allowed. If you would like to make your vote public, you may post it below.

Good luck hunters!

---pineapple

[edit on 27-7-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I like the idea. We have some MVPs who should get something for their efforts even if it's just our official gratitude.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think you all know that I would fully support this idea.

Two thumbs up!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good idea.... I personally feel that this has been a wonderful team effort. It would be nice to see everyone that has been `actively` participating get something. I mean this has been alot of work and I am sure many have spent more than a few hours working on these clues.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
*bump*

So many people have contributed to the effort, it might be unfair to name one person as MVP. We as a community should be proud of our efforts. It was great to see so many people come together and collectively embark on this task.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I will wait till the final announcement, because I personally feel that we should not vote for one of the ring bearers. Not sure of everyone elses idea, but I feel that this should be an honorary mention vote. Maybe the top 5 or 10 get some points or something...... Did you ever ask an admin for this idea? I think they would go for it.....

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I u2ued Simon Gray asking about permission to try and possibly make this sightly more offical, etc, and never got a responce from him.

Purdue, I realize that whoever doesnt "win" could be argued that they should have due to all their efforts. For myself, i still dont know who im voting for yet.

JC, if you, Smirkley, Seth Bullock and the other ring finder all opt out of wanting this bragging rights title, i will remove you from the poll, and edit my orginal rules for voting. Does that seem fair enough?

---pineapple

edit: I am taking JC's advice and making no resrictions on who a person may vote for. And of course ring-bearers may vote, dont worry.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by pineappleupsidedown]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
JC, if you, Smirkley, Seth Bullock and the other ring finder all opt out of wanting this bragging rights title, i will remove you from the poll, and edit my orginal rules for voting. Does that seem fair enough?
---pineapple

Well, this is just my opinion.. Not sure of everyone elses idea on this.....
I think we should be able to vote though. I have a few people that helped me out alot and I think that have helped the board out tremendously. I would love to have the honor of it, but just my personal view is that I will vote for someone that helped me out alot. There are a few, so I have alot of thinking to do and it could depend on the winner as well.
I will be voting for whom I felt assisted everyone in the most helpful ways. Because there are a few, I will probably vote for one of the ones that did not win. I mean tons of hours went into this game from so many people.

I agree with purdue, that this will be a very difficult vote. I can count at least 5 or 6 people that helped sooo much directly. That is not including all the people that posted to move this along as well. I think we should ALL win points or special Titles. This would be great to show who was part of the TEAM.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I, too, would have difficulties naming just one person as MVP. To truly reward those that made the greatest effort, I would recommend another designation beyond captain. A captain usually has a strong lieutenant. Thus, there would be four lieutenants to the captains of enlightenment. Just an idea.............

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DownValley
Thus, there would be four lieutenants to the captains of enlightenment. Just an idea.............

That is a cool idea...... I could go for that...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
in never really solved a clue except that ffoar clue but when i came back to post it it was solved. and i had some good ideas like finding that shmidt guy for the sydney swans.and i almost found the 3rd ring but my firewall made the ad a bluebox. all in all i think purduenuc and JCM solved the most clues.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
One thing that I just thought of.........

This is amazing thinking about it.... We all started out in different teams. We broke them up and became a big community! We shared everything! We all helped each other solve the clues and move forward. I would say that most members have helped from the beginning or if not, got involved and helped! I doubt we had too many people just lurking and stealing clues without solving anything, helping or selfishly keeping to themselves. This is the true meaning of the quests and goes back to the part of 1+1+1+1=1. The many helped the 4 and the 4 will be one. In essense we all worked together and became 1! TRULY. I think anyone that contributed should get an award. There are many that never solved anything or maybe just a few things. But, there were tons of suggestions by everyone that helped all of us either come up with more suggestions or even solve the clues directly. The true sense of the community and ATS members....

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If it's allowed, I think it would make more sense for each person (who want to) to nominate 3 people for MVP in its own thread,...... then after a few days, those names are tallied, and the persons with multiple nominations are listed. Then out of that list, each person votes again, but this time only pick 1 from that list.

Thats how we do it at my site when determining poster of the month.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I like that idea AP4, Im gonna hold my votes till the a later date however.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
If it's allowed, I think it would make more sense for each person (who want to) to nominate 3 people for MVP in its own thread,...... then after a few days, those names are tallied, and the persons with multiple nominations are listed. Then out of that list, each person votes again, but this time only pick 1 from that list.

Thats how we do it at my site when determining poster of the month.

hey AP4, its me, the person you said doesnt post in this section of ATS. well i do. But im past that now, so its all good

I dont want to have nominations for ppl on the voting because hopefully whoever votes would vote for someone who has actually contributed a bunch to FTR. Unlike an entire site of posters, there arent too many standing-out hunters so that a narrowing down of choices wouldnt really be nessary.

However, do you think i should allow two votes per voter? I am having trouble myself deciding who to vote for.

---pineapple

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As long as it's done in its own thread, and NOT via U2U, I think there should be no problems.

We had a guy in charge of poster of the month at out site, and he was being sent votes, and he'd end up just picking a person he wanted to win, and wasn't even reading the U2U's

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think that MVP awards are totally demeaning to everybody else tried there best, but weren't quite THE best... wat is the point of them? ... REALLY!!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think jameo has a strong point, "who" gets to say is better than "who"?
We all worked hard towards the completion of the hunt and we should each be proud of ourselves but nobody's particular efforts could be labelled to be more helpful than the ring finders/bearers themselves.
Im sure your intentions were good but really they would conflict with something that is being planned by our resident masterminds.
Remember 4 will become 1?
The game isn't over, maybe for us it is, but who knows?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
As long as it's done in its own thread, and NOT via U2U, I think there should be no problems.

We had a guy in charge of poster of the month at out site, and he was being sent votes, and he'd end up just picking a person he wanted to win, and wasn't even reading the U2U's

I want to do this via u2u due to privacy. As many ppl know, it will be a very hard choice to decide who to vote for, and to have to make a public vote will make the decision even harder,because you dont want to hurt the feelings of the ppl you didnt choose. I would be entirely willing to allow SO or simongray onto my account to look at the u2us to make sure i did not weigh the poll in any one direction. I have nothing to hide, i just want to protect the privacy of everyone's votes.

As i said before, I asked SimonGray via u2u about this MVP poll, and got no responce. If SO or SimonGray ask me to kill this poll, as they feel its a conflict to the orginal goal of FTR, then i will. I just think this is a nice way to honor someone who put in a lot of time and effort into solving the clues, its not meant to bring down others who worked equally hard.

---pineapple

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just wanted to congratulate all who participated and especially the fine collaborative work to secure the final ring in such a swift manner.

All who participated are MVP's in my book, and an MVP poll would only leave some left out.

May I suggest a thread where every "ring searcher", could post a testimonial on their experience during the hunt and offer props there and after everyone says what they want, the result could be used as an historical reference to this successful game..

Sort of a time-capsule of experiences in FTR.

This could sum up everyone's take and could do so without someone feeling left out.

Any thoughts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join