It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What awaits us after death???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poap420

Yea I hate disinfo as well. I was hoping though that the person would have a link or something.
True, are they 'lesser' beings or not? In our language it makes it seam so. Yet I feel they are not somehow.

It has been a great thread so far, what do others feel awaits us after death??

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I didnt even make it through your whole post because the first few lines had major holes in it. If you grew up in a christian church you would know that no one see's the kingdom of God off deeds. Jesus is the only way to heaven. According to the bible after you die you await judgement, if your name is in the book of life you recieve a whole new body(upgrade to the current flesh and bone), and go to heaven and to my knowledge I dont know what goes on there but I do know hell is a lake of fire and brimstone where ANYONE who did not accept Christ goes.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephenofacts
I didnt even make it through your whole post because the first few lines had major holes in it. If you grew up in a christian church you would know that no one see's the kingdom of God off deeds. Jesus is the only way to heaven. According to the bible after you die you await judgement, if your name is in the book of life you recieve a whole new body(upgrade to the current flesh and bone), and go to heaven and to my knowledge I dont know what goes on there but I do know hell is a lake of fire and brimstone where ANYONE who did not accept Christ goes.

Well apparently you did not read what I wrote word for word and just took it as you saw it. Yes, I was raised an Episcopalian, but my parents did not believe in everything in their faith word for word and had their own beliefs inside it which I was raised up on. My exact words and I will quote were, "The belief I grew up on from my parents was that after death we either go to heaven or hell, depending on whether we were good or bad in our lives. The way we live our life's will determine our fate after death." Ahh, now do you see it was what my parents raised me up in believing not the church. I know all about the exact beliefs of the christian church as I went to it, and studied it and other religions every year, as I went to a Catholic middle school, a Jesuit high school, a Episcopal high school (it was my second high school), and a Catholic college for awhile. So before you jump to things make sure you read what people write word for word, as you may take them out of context.

poap420:

yet another example of our language being easily confused, lol

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

UNKNOWNawaits,

The unkown is made known about death we just read some about it.

Mr 5:39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The rest of them a thousand years later and all surely have read that, so what's unknown?

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

. . .what do others feel awaits us after death??
Death awaits us. It watches and waits and when it see its opportunity it closes in and takes our souls from our bodies and plunges it deep deep down through a hole in the earth until we arrive at a space where we all of a sudden find ourselves in a strangely lit ambiance of no sun or moon or stars, no day and no night and no real sense of the passing of time. We can walk over and sit down on a bench under a tree on a big lawn that goes on to a near horizon. Off in the far distance is a craggy hill with a fortress on top. Someone will walk up and sit down beside you and join you in conversation, and then just kind of wonder off to find something else to do. This just goes on and on and seems to never end. Everyone seems to be just waiting for some event to happen to make some sort of change but nothing we can do ourselves. It is just a tedium of monotony and a feeling of a personal inability to do anything at all that could possibly make a difference. You wonder what in the world is this and why am I here and this is not what I expected and is it too late, did I do something wrong to have this as my fate?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron

UNKNOWNawaits,

The unkown is made known about death we just read some about it.

Mr 5:39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

The rest of them a thousand years later and all surely have read that, so what's unknown?

Truthiron.

That is good if you are religious and believe the Bible to be true. Personally I just see the Bible as a work of fiction that has some truths in it, but it is not all true. To each his own. I have no problem if that is your beliefs. I do not believe in that and just believe people wrote it with some truths and some lies for their own reasons. Therefore once again making what awaits us unknown, to me at least.

Thank you though for sharing your thoughts on the subject.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ugh, double post.
edit on 11/16/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . .what do others feel awaits us after death??
Death awaits us. It watches and waits and when it see its opportunity it closes in and takes our souls from our bodies and plunges it deep deep down through a hole in the earth until we arrive at a space where we all of a sudden find ourselves in a strangely lit ambiance of no sun or moon or stars, no day and no night and no real sense of the passing of time. We can walk over and sit down on a bench under a tree on a big lawn that goes on to a near horizon. Off in the far distance is a craggy hill with a fortress on top. Someone will walk up and sit down beside you and join you in conversation, and then just kind of wonder off to find something else to do. This just goes on and on and seems to never end. Everyone seems to be just waiting for some event to happen to make some sort of change but nothing we can do ourselves. It is just a tedium of monotony and a feeling of a personal inability to do anything at all that could possibly make a difference. You wonder what in the world is this and why am I here and this is not what I expected and is it too late, did I do something wrong to have this as my fate?

Wow, I thought that to be very interesting.

What, where, how, and why made you come to believe that this is where our souls are taken to after our bodies die???? I would very much like to know. Thank you in advance.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I was in the hospital for two months. The first month in one hospital and then they moved me to another. I began to realize I had been put into what was basically a ward where people left to await death. Every morning the nurses would walk down the hall and call out to each other the names of who they found dead who had passed away that night.
Death came to take me and that was where I ended up. The interns were in my room one day and laughing about how I should have died. I didn't tell them I already had. I got better after that and left having a different way of thinking about life.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I was in the hospital for two months. The first month in one hospital and then they moved me to another. I began to realize I had been put into what was basically a ward where people left to await death. Every morning the nurses would walk down the hall and call out to each other the names of who they found dead who had passed away that night.
Death came to take me and that was where I ended up. The interns were in my room one day and laughing about how I should have died. I didn't tell them I already had. I got better after that and left having a different way of thinking about life.

Wow extremely interesting.

Were you declared clinically dead for awhile or did the nurses not just know you had been gone for a little? I ask this because you said that they were joking saying you should have died.
You also in your previous post stated there is no sense of time passing in this place, but do you know how long you were dead for and in that place?

How did it change your thoughts on life from where they used to be to where they were after this experience and now??

Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

On this particular occasion, when I went to this place I described, I have to think that I was not completely dead but maybe in a coma. That's what the interns were talking about, was that they thought I was in a coma where you normally don't come back. So it was not like a dead body lying there unnoticed that later all of a sudden became reanimated. That thing what I was calling death took the form of five demons who came up through the floor. They circled around and four had a limb each and the fifth got behind me and took my head. They pulled me off the bed and I could see myself leaving my body, then I went down through the floor with them still gripping me, but by then they had ahold of a version of me separate from what was left behind in the room. Back when they were getting ahold of me, the one behind me was explaining to me how they had been waiting a long time for me to get into a weakened state so they could take me.
My best theory so far about what was going on was that the demons could not kill me themselves outright but they go ahead and take you where you would be if you were in fact actually dead. So I don't know if I was a special case with them where they were over eager to get rid of me. I think their plan was for me to settle down into that existence and become apathetic, then after a while it we be too late, where my body would have been vacated of its essential spirit which is a major component of my soul, which had gone somewhere else. What happened in this existence I found myself in, was that I had something like an adrenaline session, that I just was not going to accept this and I cried out, "God help me!", and all of a sudden I was back in my room sitting up in bed with this horror that had gripped my body in a physical way, plus this tremendous mental terror that took me a while to settle back down from.(I don't think it is something I can ever get over completely)
As it was, it seemed to me that I had been in that place for what would be equivalent to a month. When I came back there was no appreciable passage of time.
This whole story is in another thread from like two years ago but it isn't worthwhile trying to drag that up. When I was in this place, I felt like I had to explain it to some people, who had no idea what was going on. I would try to explain that they were dead and this is apparently where you go in that situation. Now, while not being in that place, I feel every once in a while like doing the same sort of thing for the living. People really don't know. There are a lot things that can happen. I interviewed my former room mate's brother about his experience. He was shot point blank in the chest by someone who got excited about what was essentially a bar brawl. He was lucky to be close to a hospital but had to have five surgeries, one right after the other, to survive the night. He went to a place and he was in awful pain and Jesus came to him and the pain went away and he became at peace. Jesus told him that he needed to stay alive. It is similar to my story I think where there comes a point where you have to say, "I want to live." but you have to mean it and God brings you back to life. Meaning your soul comes back and connects to your body. I typed the story up in another forum, an amazingly sceptical forum if you get the hint. I went over to his sister's house and brought it up on her computer to look at it and tell me if I got it right. She started crying and couldn't really talk and I took it as meaning I did.
My feeling about life that changed was feeling alive, if that is understandable, meaning that there is a feeling of being alive that people kind of loose an awareness of,maybe.
edit on 18-11-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Wow.

What did the demons look like? Did they look like what they are depicted in stories and statues?
Why do you think that they take you to this place? What is the purpose of it or why does it benefit them? Any theories on that?

I definitely understand where you are coming from on feeling alive. I also agree that people lose the feeling of being alive. They go through the motions and lose the awe and wonder of how beautiful life really is.

edit on 11/18/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Probably the important thing, from having discussions with other people on ATS with demon experiences is that the ones I saw had no feet that I could see, since they became more transparent, from the top down to where they faded away before you got to the feet, but it seemed that there was a wispy part that extended past the floor.
They had a look about them that would probably seem familiar to someone who had read Where the Wild Things Are, not that I knew anything about that book before this experience (this happened in early 1984) but like I said it seemed familiar when I did eventually look at one. (Oops, I just looked it up and it came out in the sixties, and I was 9 so maybe but I think I would have been a little past the target age group, plus I think I would remember it if I had seen it back then)
The reason I think the demons would have wanted to do me in has something to do with me being their enemy, as they do not like Jesus and anyone who actually believes in him. I would think that because I was taught that idea and my religion specifically believes in demons who are constantly trying to trick people that they can, and have killed those they can not.

edit on 18-11-2010 by jmdewey60 because: get rid of redundanies

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So they were more like spirits and not in full form. Interesting that you would compare them to the Where the Wild Things Are. I am assuming the book illustration, correct me if you are talking of what they look like in the movie, since I have not seen it.

So you believe that it is all part of the good vs evil battle going on. That is a possibility I guess.

This is for jmdewey60 and everyone:

I believe that when we are here we are able to create what happens to us through our thoughts. As I had said earlier in the thread, positive thoughts receives positive things and negative thought receives negative things. Do you then think that we create what our reality after death is, by our thoughts/beliefs?
Also, since I believe reincarnation and we choose the lives we are to live in this world. Is it so hard to believe that we unintentionally create what we are to experience after death as well???
May have to start a thread on this since not many people have been commenting on this thread lately....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I did create a new thread about the question that I posed in my last post on this thread. So for those of you who are interested in commenting on this possibility here is the link to my thread in the Philosophy & Metaphysics forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So you believe that it is all part of the good vs evil battle going on.
Well, yes, but only in explaining the motivation for these demons to be in a hurry to get rid of me and maybe jumping the gun a little. That's the best theory I can come up with for how this experience happened and how I could come out of it, that it was a botched attempt but worth the chance, to them.
I think the place is real, if anything like that can be real. I have had a lot of time to think about it and I have not ever concluded that there is no such place, otherwise I would not have bothered posting the story on this thread. I'm giving it as a public service so that anyone finding himself in that place might remember the story. A person may or may not find it helpful but I am in no position to think it would absolutely not be.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

True, true. It is interesting that they did jump the gun, when if they had waited a little longer perhaps you would have been to weak to get out.

I am not saying that what you experienced was real. What I am saying is that there might be a possibility that when you entered this coma state, through your beliefs/thoughts you created the reality that you would enter when you die or have a near death experience. I definitely believe that you entered this place and that it was real to you. I also think that it is a good idea to tell people your experiences for your own benefit and for others, in case someone creates/enters the same reality. It could definitely help someone.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
the road you chose,is now more of a road

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I generally believe in reincarnation, not in the Hindu/Buddhist aspect of going into "higher" or "lower' lifeforms such as becoming plants or non-human animals but in that we evolve based on the choices and challenges we decide to undertake before we come into life.

I am of the belief in God (not the god of the monotheistic Abrahamic religions/Yahwism, at least not him as the sole creator of this universe) and that we are all a part of God and that we have him/her within and outside of us. To me if we a part of God, and that God is immortal and cannot die, then neither can we because in respect that part of God dies. I believe that God encompasses all and doesn't possess any specific personality, so life itself is basically a balancing act.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spokthunder

Like that quote for sure.

reply to post by lunarmystery

I agree with you here. I do not believe in the plant and animal part of reincarnation that the Hindu/Buddhism follow. I like the part of God where we are all a part of God and therefore can not die. Thus following the reincarnation thought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join