It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the tax rate in communists countries?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
China, Cuba, North Korea, Former USSR, etc ...

So if the government gives you free stuff and they hide how much they are giving you, how much do they collect from you?

If they hide how much they are giving you, in order to give you stuff, then why do they bother collecting anything at all from you?

I mean wouldn't that just piss you off?

Wouldn't it be better for them to just give you free stuff and for them to collect nothing in return?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If they didn't collect anything, how could they pay for all that free stuff?

Nothing is free......except will....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't know how they handle things in places where there is "some" sort of capitalism, but in the USSR prior to the fall of the Soviet Union the State owned everything so they collected no taxes. Communism usually means no taxes, however some would say it's academic since there is nothing to tax. What you have is given to you by the State so they get their "profits" up front and you get a share of what is left I suppose.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange
I don't know how they handle things in places where there is "some" sort of capitalism, but in the USSR prior to the fall of the Soviet Union the State owned everything so they collected no taxes. Communism usually means no taxes, however some would say it's academic since there is nothing to tax. What you have is given to you by the State so they get their "profits" up front and you get a share of what is left I suppose.

yeah, China and most if not all of the former USSR aren't communist in the strictest sense anymore

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In Vietnam it is either 8 or 10%. I can't find my receipt from the Co-op market, but I want to say it's 8%. But most stuff is pretty cheap, I got my teeth cleaned for $5 and I went to the doctor once, the bill including meds was under $20.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

You would have to find a truly communist country first to be able to answer the question and that is a tall order, China Russia and even Cuba have private enterprise so not everything is state run.
Nth Korea might qualify I don't know

Edit to add
Here is a quote from the wiki on Nth Koreas economy

In addition to fixed capital, each enterprise is allocated a minimum of working capital from the state through the Central Bank and is required to meet various operating expenses with the proceeds from sales of its output. Up to 50% of the "profit" is taxed, the remaining half being kept by the enterprise for purchase of equipment, introduction of new technology, welfare benefits, and bonuses. As such, the system provides some built-in incentives and some degree of micro-level autonomy, unlike the budget allocation system, under which any surplus is turned over to the government in its entirety.

link
edit on 29-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Slovakia as an ex eastern bloc country now part of the EU has a FLAT RATE across the board 10% tax for everyone.

top topics

join