It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing backlash against TSA body scanners, pat-downs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I'll take the screening free flight. At which point I would be armed.

Constitution, ain't it great?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

But, you have failed to address the potential for harm to people on the ground, in buildings which may become targets for hijacked planes. And, what about the security of the flight crew?

It's not all about the passengers' safety. There is much more at stake.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

It's not all about the passengers' safety. There is much more at stake.

Like liberty and the ideals of a free society. There is a reason this land used to be known as the home of the brave.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

You give me a good chuckle. You equate locking your door at night to submitting to government groping to get on a plane?

Yes, I lock my door. It doesn't involve government intrusion into my personal space. I say it again, body scanners and pat downs will not keep you save. It would not have detected the underware bomber so what's the point. It's all about being controlled.

If a terrorist decides to put explosives up his behind the body scanners would not detect it nor would a pat down. Maybe we should submit to anal probing to get on a plane as well. You never know right?

I would rather take my chances then submit to government intrusion in my life. Liberty means more to me then some illusion of being safe. If the big bad terrorists really want to get us it won't be on a plane. They can easily take out a shopping mall, movie theater, train, bus or any other crowded public place that doesn't have security.

Why don't we all just submit to body scans and searches when we leave our homes every day? That should keep us safe.

I can't believe how spineless Americans have become.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

reply to post by Erasurehead

You are still completely free to not be "groped" or scanned. No one is forcing these things upon you. If you choose to fly, you are "voluntarily" submitting to these measures. Everyone is completely aware of the situation at the airports.

But, we could go back and forth, with the same arguments, all day long. Thanks for the discussion, but neither of us will, apparently, convince the other of our position. Happy ATSing and I look forward to conversing again. Who knows, we may even agree on something next time!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Would you support Supermarket Scanners being introduced outside all convenience stores? Would you accept the argument that nobody is forced to go to convenience stores therefore everybody has the right not to be scanned by simply avoiding convenience stores? Can you not see where this type of mindset leads to? It doesn't set boundaries when it comes to infringing on a person's rights and gives too much power to the State.

Detective Lieutenant Columbo would face-palm that argument.

edit on 22/11/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

You are still completely free to not be "groped" or scanned. No one is forcing these things upon you. If you choose to fly, you are "voluntarily" submitting to these measures. Everyone is completely aware of the situation at the airports.

Oh geez. Here we go. Choices are not synonymous with freedoms. Hell, slaves had choices. Did that make them free?

It amazes me that you use the words " completely free". No I am not "completely free" to avoid getting groped or scanned. I do however have a choice of not getting groped or scanned by eliminating the most efficient and sometimes the only means of travel.

However when choices are imposed, outside of the authority of law, through the use of threats and otherwise, the subjects thereof will never be "completely free".

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join