It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Warns of Pakistanis Entering US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Today on the news they said that the Department of Homeland Security was issuing a warning that Pakistani terrorists might be coming into the country this summer. Several airports were put on alert on the east coast, midwest and the west coast.
So if they are worried that Pakistanis might be coming into this country for terrorist motives....WHY don't we limit entry into this country by people from Pakistan or any other country that we suspect of terrorist motives? It doesn't make any sense to let them in and THEN to try to find them or keep an eye on them after they are already here! That is like closing the barn door after the horse is out!!(or in)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Source please? Just wondering if (assuming) O'Hare is one of the airports on the list. I fly just about every week for business - usually out of O'Hare, makes me a little uneasy to say the least.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Because it would be a major blow to travel and immigration in the US...They could just as easily come in through Mexico or Canada anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry! Forgot to post source...I saw it on the CBS evening news tonight!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Pakistani terrorists might come into our country at any time, but that doesnt mean we can just block all pakistinians. I think thats racial profiling

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Racial profiling? I hope you are kidding! Who do you think wants to kill us ? If it wasn't people of middle eastern descent that flew planes into the WTC and the Pentagon and if it weren't people of middle eastern descent that have conducted the beheadings then we wouldn't have to worry about them coming into this country. Lets forget about the political sensibilities and political correctness.... this is a matter of life or death!!Right now we have no way of knowing whether a person from lets say Lebanon or Iran or Jordan are here for innocent purposes or if they are here to be the next terrorists on our shores. If you remember the 9/11 hijackers lived amongst us and even went to flight schools here and look at what happened! No...as much as everyone would like to turn their backs and close their eyes to the situation we have to realize that it isn't blue eyed Baptists from Sweden that want to destroy us in the name of Allah!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Its because they are lying to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty
Source please? Just wondering if (assuming) O'Hare is one of the airports on the list. I fly just about every week for business - usually out of O'Hare, makes me a little uneasy to say the least.

There's a news item on ATS that says, inter alia

Homeland Security Office warns custom officers at New York's Kennedy, Newark, and Washington's Dulles, as well as international airports in Detroit, Chicago (O'Hare), and Los Angeles (LAX).

The link to the story is at
www.terroranalysis.com...
and contains a link to CBS News.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The dude the works at the AM PM down the street is Pakistani, uh oh, he might try and poison my slurpies!

Seriously. First of all, the 9/11 hijackers were all Saudis, well, most of them were, a few werent. Its simply pointless tyo stop immigration from other countries, as 99% of those people coming from the middle east to come here have only good intentions of working, being legit citizens, and being all around nice pillars of the community. The ones we shall have to worry about will probably use fake passports and claim they are comming from other countries, or sneak in through Canada, so blocking 99% of the nice folks is pointless. Youre only punishing them anyway.

If you really wanna do something, you tighten the Mexican and Canadian borders, which are loose and unguarded, and you keep an eye on people coming from western European countries, as many of the 9/11 terrorists came in through them.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have conversations with this people and they are terrorized about, becoming target to hate crimes, recently here were I live have been sporadic crimes against this people business, and about two month ago a worker at the gas station got shot, he was from India. Some of this people tried to stay away from big cities and going into small towns trying to stay away from hate crimes, but it seems that anywhere in this country you can be subjected to this.

This profiling is wrong, my one of my daughter's best friends, is Pakistani, the entire family is very educated, her father is in the trading business, and they are very well off financially, my daughter was honor by this family when the older daughter go married in the Pakistani tradition, my daughter had to ware one of their customs and this outfit was of the best silk I even seen, the wedding lasted 3 days, and the funny thing is because my daughter complexion for being Hispanic is like this people, one of the wedding attendees from another state make inquiries about my daughter been available, I said heck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join