It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERNET BILL, COICA - 12 NOVEMBER UPDATE IMPORTANT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

INTERNET BILL, COICA - 12 NOVEMBER UPDATE IMPORTANT

videos.wittysparks.com

UPDATE - INTERNET BILL, COICA - 12 NOVEMBER, 2010 - IMPORTANT!

COICA November 12, Update: The Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a markup Nov. 18 on S. 3804, Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act. Remember to contact your representatives to let them know your opinion on the proposed bill. To find out who are the senators on your state and their contact information, you can visit the US Senate website, by clicking here www.senate.gov In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week, an
(visit the link for the full news article)

en.wikipedia.org
techdailydose.nationaljournal.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
e Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a markup Nov. 18 on S. 3804, Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act.

If you can please contact your senaters this is getting serious. here is a LINK

www.senate.gov...

We need to protect our freedom on the internet. This first then what is next. I know some people will hermit *oh you damn pirates just want everything for free* but this is not true! The thing is when they start EDIT/CENSOR our internet who is going to be the big GOD uptop telling what is right and wrong on the internet.

We have to stand up to the corporate elite now

The bill is supported by the Motion Picture Association of America, the US Chamber of Commerce, the Screen Actors Guild, Viacom, and the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States.

It is opposed by the Center for Democracy & Technology, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and the Distributed Computing Industry Association.

This is the start to the end of the internet as we know it, say hello to government controlled internet!

Get your download on NOW!!!!!!!!!

videos.wittysparks.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
YEah, I agree!
They will pass this laws, they have already paved the lobby with gold and precious stones, some parts of the internet will remain free, but others will change dramatically, on content and in context, its changing, little by little , yet we are unable to do much, as we are way more interested in getting that awesome new app for my latest crapphonz 5...

They give so little yet we give so much, its an unfair trade, but it seems we like it that way.
So what I mail my congressman or woman, and??
I´ll get a letter saying that things will be looked upon, and a thank you with an autograph for posterity.
We can at least try to spread the word between US the final users, the ones that PAY THEIR JOBS to screw us.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

join