It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinity, the Universe, and other bits of rambling nonsense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Infinity. Not the car, the concept. Unimaginable endlessness, forever and a day.
In one of my recent posts, the concept of an infinite universe came into play and once again the pelting rain of "what-if's" started cascading in my thoughts.
Before I get ankle-deep into this, let me state that I did a brief search on the site and this topic was touched on at least once before and after I read it through I'm not entirely certain if there was any conclusion reached or not beyond the fact that no one was absolutely sure of anything other than one poster had an amusing avatar.
I'm quite confused as to whether the universe is actually infinite as infinite is defined, having absolutely no end whatsoever. I know it can be considered infinite as far as we are concerned in that despite our best efforts, we most likely will never see the end of it. Throughout this though, it is said that the universe is expanding and accelerating as it does so. With this in mind, it can't be rightly said that it IS infinite, if it is still expanding.
If expansion is increasing, and the universe is growing, the probability of intelligent life grows as well. The number of probabilities increases at an exponential rate relative to the rate of expansion. The likelihood of life, not as we know it, originating is increasing (if calculations are correct) at an accelerated rate.
The whole concept is borderline paranormal when you toss in the brane theory.
My wife and I had a discussion in the car regarding the potential of the universe if it were infinite. We speculated that we could be caught in a loop reminiscent of the movie "GroundHog Day", yet doomed to repeat a lifetime with no memory of the last instead of a single 24 hour period.

The point to me seems that we will never know for sure. Just as soon as we think we have it all figured out, a new bit of information comes along that disturbs our whole mode of thinking and causes us to step back again trying to find out where this new piece fits in.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
The point to me seems that we will never know for sure. Just as soon as we think we have it all figured out, a new bit of information comes along that disturbs our whole mode of thinking and causes us to step back again trying to find out where this new piece fits in.

I am greatful with every ounce of my being that this is true. Imagine how unfortunate it would be to be born into a world where the people who came before you had already figured everything out. What there is to know and experience appears to go on infinitey in all directions - not just in three dimensional space but conceptually - which is a wonderful thing.

What really gets me is that not only does physical space extend in all directions with no end in sight, but our minds seem to extent internally in all directions with no end in sight as well. I believe that Terence McKenna put it best:

"Somehow part of the package of being a living, thinking being is that you get a universe inside of you. You get a galaxy sized object inside you that you can access.

And there there are the mountains, the rivers, the jungles, the dynastic families, the ruins, the planets, the works of arts, the poetry, the sciences, the magics, of millions upon millions upon millions of worlds."

There are an infinie number of values between any two points on the number line. The universe seems to be infinitely large, yet when we look at the quantum world, it seems that there is more and more the closer we look; it appears as though we will be able to "zoom in" infinitely as well. We can fall asleep and explore an equally infinite universe there, too. We can draw on infinite creative capacity at any moment; our source of ideas is apparently inexhaustible.

There appears to be an abundance of infinities of all sorts. It boggles the mind. Thank you for bringing it up.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Infinity is a Quantum foundation for everything, and infinite space exists within us and without us, and has special features such as nonlocality and no limits. Thinking deeply on Infinity gives insight, and leads to Consciousness progressing Infinitely, zero time, and there existing Infininite Universes and Infinite One (consciousness) along with Infinite parts/segments of One, of which we in kindergarden are a part of. Its both liberating and inspiring, and theres no going back once its looked at deeply.

Perception - The reality beyond matter

This video goes into the reality of how our perceptions and minds perceive our reality which is not composed of "matter".

What the bleep do we know? Down the rabbit hole. part 1

A deeper look at this, exploring Quantum physics and the first few ones are exploring the nature of reality and our perceptions.

The rest are on the channel, 12 parts.

Mandelbrot Set Zoom

All of the "matter" we see is composed of Infinite Fractals. Not only this, but Fractals within fractals, endlessness within endlessness, and there is no size to endlessness, thus the infinity within a pea is the same as a star.

We are all a part of this.

The video above shows one fractal surrounded by blank edges. This shows the problems with Limit. The concept of One perceived Consciousness or One perceived locale such as the universe. There cannot be Limits, simply endless Beyonds and Beyonds, and Beyonds, infinite One's and Infinite Locales/Universes, and Infinite Fractals.

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Well this is a topic I started looking into a few months ago and to my conclusion it 'could' be as follows. Hard to explain so bear with me (I draw better then I write). The four fundamental forces strong, weak, Electromag and Gravity (I am not including Dark Energy for we are unsure of its nature at the moment) are somehow connected to Space/Time. The universe started with the big bang it was hot and gravity & electromag was strong a singularity of sorts. As space/time expanded things started to change gravity & electromag became weaker to where they are today, space/time expanding started to change also. Space expanded, this is easy to visualize for our universal limits just got bigger but time also changed. At the big band time was (1 second was more then or equal to infinity) as the universe grows time is being stretched to the 'median point' where it will be (1 second is less then or equal to infinity). This cannot be understood by us for our reality is based on a finite time scale that is consistent, our clocks do not tick faster or slower as things progress and neither does nuclear radiation which is the bases of our time. So when the universe reaches a certain point where gravity and electromag is too weak to hold anything together it all starts to collapse again. Our 'goldilocks paradyne' may be only a billion years but the entire cycle of the universe is several trillion so we will only be aware of our reality at that moment not understanding the rest of the cycle.
So to my belief we are somewhere in the early stages of a heartbeat, before the middle somewhere, this beat continues over and over again causing all the forces to cycle with it. At the middle of the cycle the big rip happens then it condenses back down to a singularity starting over at the beginning, another big bang. Conservation of information will not be lost nor do we break any of the rules governing time travel since all is collapsed to a point at the big bang.
I wish I could show the diagrams I worked on it again is easier for me to draw then explain but in essence it looks like two black holes end to end, the ends being the big bangs. Hope it makes some sense to you to comment on sorry if it doesn't.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I used to have a signature that said, "If the universe is infinite, nothing can be said to not exist, but simply all that could be, is."

Contemplate infinity long enough and you'll realize the only way to describe infinity which even makes any sense rather than just describing an infintesimal part, is that all is one. That one is infinite containing all that could be, nothing is "beyond" the one as there is no such thing as beyond infinity.

Everything you have ever learnt means virtually nothing in the grand scheme of things, as it is an infinitesimal.......

The concept "space" is but one of infinity concepts for a universe to be built on.....
The concpet "time" is but one of infinity concepts for a progression illusion to be based on........
The concept "consciousness" is but one of infinity for an observer........
The concept "universe" is but one of infinity..........

edit on 12-11-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

One is a Limit in Infinity, and is a Finite understanding. Both Nonlocality, and No Limit are hallmarks of Infinity. Ie. there is no measuring stick, no middle, center, or portion that can be measured, for wherever you would select, you still have an Infinity ahead, behind and in all conceivable directions. And also, If you were to place one Huge Circle on a blank piece of paper, and imagine this is One, there is no point even, of imagining this One is endless and goes beyond the edges of the paper, for it is a symbol of One Consciousness/Object. If One Consciousness Is Aware of Itself as One, that is a Limit. There must be Infinite One's, and in zero time/no time, Infinite one's in segments or clips/portions of that infinite journey, within that One.

Anyone who believes that everything is ONE and there could never be a beyond is only seeing a small grain of sand infinite universe thinking that it's 'All that Is.'They miss the infinite channels/dimensions/stations beyond this tiny grain of sand universe and they also miss how they are truly/really perceiving their own reality which they call 'physical existence' or 'matter' which is nothing but photons and light entering into their eyes/retna than converted into electrical signals to their brain where their brain like a TV with a cable hooked to it throws a picture together for them to see and perceive their reality/existence/dimension/channel/station.

The mountain is in your mind, not in the Horizon, the chair is in your mind, not supporting you at all. There is no chair, there is no mountain, there is no moon, either. This is a hologram, and there are infinite channels/densities, if we have 3d, that means, infinite more and space-time channels based on orbit where there is no orbit.

Some are viewing everything as REAL 100% and physical and don't realize that it's only their brain and electrical signals that are giving them a taste and picture of their reality/channel/station they live in.

Hopefully this video that is proven by science today (if that means anything to you) will open a new door of understanding for you.

I've recommended this video as I feel that it's a very good place to start to better understand earth beyond 'matter' and how the 5 senses of the human (Creation/Technology) brain works....

"WARNING! The subject of the film that you're about to watch reveals a crucial secret of your life. You should watch it very attentively for it contains a subject that is liable to make fundamental changes on your outlook on the material world.
The content of this film is not just a different approach or a philosophical thought: It is a fact which is also proven by Science today!"

Space/Time/Infinity & The Holographic Universe! www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Universe is Infinitely more than what you can perceive and also, is one grain of sand amongst infinite others, metaphor.

One cannot forget the Beyond, when Infinite thought is applied. One, then there is what Beyond it? Another One, and so on. There are no limits, and there is always a Beyond, and then another Beyond, then a Beyond beyond this, endlessly, without beginning or end.

One cannot perceive Infinity, with Finite Concepts.

Edit to Add:

And lest i forget, my favorite hallmark of Infinity is the Intrinsic Equality that exists as potential within all consciousness. For not only is One, Infinite One's, but within each is infinite portions of that One, each portion, infinite in itself as well.

You're infinity as a global whole is equal in mass to my infinity as a global whole, and since there is no Locality, there is no beginning or ending to either, for this whole infinity we possess always was, and is at the same time occuring in No Time/Zero Time, in the absence of Time.

If in fact you were to pluck a tiny portion of your Infinite Consciousness out and call this new soul a Child, that child would also stretch endlessly in both directions and the moment this occurred could not be located in nonlocality, and their infinite mass would equal yours. The Parent and the Child would be equal in infinite volume. Infinity equalizes everyone. Invert the pyramid and free your mind.

In fact, Infinity is the most liberating, freeing, unlimited, wonderful, exciting, boundless concept to ever contemplate. And everything that exists in Infinity exists infinitely, that includes consciousness, but there can be no One..

edit on 13-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

If there was no infinite how would the finite universe expand?

Why don't people get the idea of the infinite! I think it is because people only focus on a finite existence.

A finite is not infinite it will become infinite by changes. The finite existence will become what it used to be " Infinite".

It is the infinite existence that formed the finite existence. The infinite has always existed finite has not. The theory of expansion proves it.

A finite must and can only exist within the infinite.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Originally posted by Unity_99

One is a Limit in Infinity,

No its not, I said that the one was infinite and so has no end, there is no limit to the one because the one is infinite.

There is no such thing as 2 infinity, 3 infinity, 4 infinity. They are all just infinity. So there cannot be anything more that the one, which is infinite.

Let me say this again, just so we're clear....."The one" is infinite !

If One Consciousness Is Aware of Itself as One, that is a Limit

No, actually infinity doesn't have a limit.

Ponder this, if there is infinity, can you count anything?

There is no such thing as individual or numerous in infinity, there are no gaps no separation by which to count one two three all there is is one thing merged into the next with everything in-between. There is no "missing" by which to distinguish one thing from the next and therefore count them as "separate". There is no separation in infinity because there is no "missing" gap. If anything is missing then it must be finite.

Its only with the concept of finite do there exist discrete measurables that can be counted.

This is where I think we differ.......I'm talking about infinite infinity, im not defining it infinite in only a few aspects, but infnite in infinity aspects. Like for example infinite size, infinite amount of souls and infinite planets would only be three ways in which it is infinite, and three is a finite number. Comprende? So, in the way im using the term, a universe with infinity planets would not necessarily be an infinite universe, a universe that's infinitely large spatially would not be infinite, due to size being but one of infinity possible dimensions or measures by which it could be infinite.

Does the circle have one side, or infinity sides ?

It has both.

p.s That video is awe-full imho, its kindergarten stuff. Only mediation (zero thought in incarnate mind, quiescence) can be used. The mind (which is finite) shouldn't be used to try contemplate infinity rather it should be absolutely empty and still, not watching videos.

Imo, your ego is probably terrified of the concept of oneness, because it spells the end to the "I", you seem scared you'll dissolve into the all or something. Any thought of "I" or me" is ego, the ego wants to be separate from others because if its not then its dead. Your ego (which is the "you") will delude and fight for its life to maintain the illusion of separation from others.

Probs just archon programming, because the "I' can do absolutely nothing spiritually worthwhile.

The concept of infinity is silly to try even talk about due to its nature, making this conversation pointless and over as of now.

edit on 13-11-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Why don't people get the idea of the infinite! I think it is because people only focus on a finite existence.

A finite is not infinite it will become infinite by changes. The finite existence will become what it used to be " Infinite".

It is the infinite existence that formed the finite existence. The infinite has always existed finite has not. The theory of expansion proves it.

Infinite implies there's still something. The universe expanded or is expanding into nothing. For me the concept of absolute nothingness is way harder to grasp than an infinite space. Yes space is something as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Infinite is a human concept used when we can't wrap our brains around the numbers we need to deal with. Like time it is made by humans. Nothing is infinite, it's an abstraction. The so called Big Bang theory describes a finite universe for it had a starting point. I still think it was just the death cry of our last universe simultaneously coming into being to form again.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No its not, I said that the one was infinite and so has no end, there is no limit to the one because the one is infinite.

There is no such thing as 2 infinity, 3 infinity, 4 infinity. They are all just infinity. So there cannot be anything more that the one, which is infinite.

Let me say this again, just so we're clear....."The one" is infinite !

Trust me, I understand you and many are not understanding that Infinity has NO LIMITS, and are relating ONE whole to being Infinite. This is the mistake most people make, and its made because most people think in FINITE terms. ONE is a LIMIT.

Try this. Get out a sheet of paper, and put ONE DOT on the sheet. Say to yourself, this is ALL and its Infnite!
Ask yourself? Is Consciousness Primary and "Energy/Matter" Secondary, or is the reverse true.

If you took the time to watch the video above about the Perception of Reality, you would understand that the "I" inside perceiving this matrix, or Consciousness IS Primary, and indeed this is what Science has been slowly starting to allude to unraveling itself in the Quantum.

So lets run with the Consciousness, since energy/matter seems to be streaming in and constructed into this 3D world in our mind, and seems to be a construct. Constructs have Creators! Creators are Conscious!

Now, lets return to that dot you drew. Though you consider it Infinite, and even though it is Infinite, you are making the Finite mistake of thinking that the ONE dot is the whole of what Infinity is. And it can't be. For that One Consciousness is aware of Itself as Self, its Self Aware, for ALL CONSCIOUSNESS IS. So, that dot is a good way of putting on the paper, a concept of One, not just covering the page off the edge with One like Infinity would imply, since it perceives itself as One, there is certainly surrounding it, in Infinity, by default, that which does not perceive itself as THAT ONE.

We have a Limit in One Consciousness that is Self Aware. Limits cannot exist in Infinity. They don't even exist in nature. In a harsh winterland, if using the building blocks of life, something manages to flourish, you can be certain that more , and then more, and then more also flourish.

There are no Limits in Infinity. There is a One, and a One, beyond that One, and a One, beyond that, and they don't all join up to ONE consciousness that perceives itself as that One, for again the same thing would happen.

instead, we're an Infinite Family of One's, with Infinite parts of ourselves in each clip, like a role of film, of our lnfinite journey, and each clip, is also, Infinite in itself. Infinite fractals have been discovered and exist in all of nature in this perception of our reality. All things contain Infinite space within and without. We are all a part of this Infinity.

To give as an example what I mean by the imposed Finite Limit of One, look at this Fractal Video and at first, you see, One Fractal, but One Fractal could never exist by itself for its a Limit, there would Infinite Fractals with Fractals within Fractals. That being said, as you journey into the Fractals, note that they are all unique, as snowflakes, yet equal in infinite volume/mass, and never ending. With the absence time, this is all at once, extending Infinitely.

Once again, you said you are talking about an Infinite ONE, which must be Conscious of Itself, and therefore is a Finite term, and a Limit. With that whole you are perceiving, there is a Beyond, and whats beyond that beyond? Another? And another? And another? And another? There is No ONE WHOLE, that is a Finite Thought.

Fractal Mathematical Rabbit Hole

There is No One, there are Infinite One's composed of Infinite One's!
edit on 13-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hi Polarwarriror,

Are you considering the infinite other realms/existences/dimensions/universe's/existences among endless others?

If you want to perceive Infinity as being ONE it can be seen in that way by simply suggesting that INFINITY is INFINITY being 'All that IS' with no end.

However in suggesting that the human universe is ONE 'All that is' of Infinite existences/realms/dimensions/universes is an entirely different thing and a very finite human idea.

Sure INFINITY can be seen as being ONE in the aspect of INFINITY in the same way that we see an Infinite Fractal that contains infinite Fractals within itself never-ending in both directions inwards and outwards. But could this Infinite Fractal also exist among Infinite other fractals outside or beyond itself? Sure it could and all of these fractals could be part of INFINITY connected and you could say they are all ONE in connection/likeness/design (relationship) being part of 'All that is' or INFINITY being connected however not ONE in being the same fractal but still ONE in the sense that they are 'All' part of INFINITY or 'All that IS'. So INFINITY can be seen in such a way as being ONE or 'All that is' from that perspective.

For humans with 'finite' understanding it's easier to comprehend/understand INFINITY as being just ONE in the way that you've suggested but extremely difficult for a human brain to bend/wrap their mind around the concept of INFINITY ONE that there are more than just ONE in the way you perceive it to be and always a BEYOND.

However if you want to put a label on INFINITY as being just ONE then it should be kept in mind that there are INFINITY ONE-1 within this ONE and then you could label that to be 'ALL THAT IS' or ONE = INFINITY-1.

From that perspective it can be said that INFINITY-1 is ONE.

But there are Infinite ONE-1 fractals of Infinite ONE-1 others and always a beyond but to simplify such a thing for human understanding you could say INFINITY-1 is just ONE or 'All that is.'

The above suggestion on INFINITY makes it much easier to better understand/comprehend for all the 'finite' TIME beings on this tiny grain of sand planet called earth in this ONE universe of INFINITY-1 others among INFINITY-1 others and BEYOND.

Just ONE Universe/Channel/Station Among INFINITY-1 Others among INFINITY 1 Others!

ONE = INFINITY-1 and There's always a BEYOND = INFINITY-1 Endless FOREVER-11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Love & Best Wishes Always!
edit on ECST1111NovPM61 by ET_MAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slih_09

Originally posted by spy66

Infinite implies there's still something. The universe expanded or is expanding into nothing. For me the concept of absolute nothingness is way harder to grasp than an infinite space. Yes space is something as well.

Yes it all depends on how you view it. But space is the distance from the infinite to the finite emitted energies and the solids. Its the distance from 0 to 1.

top topics

join