It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young men want to change the world here is how to do it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's really easy to say that all we have to do is simply stop fighting for these rich jerks at the top. The problem with this over simplified plan is that you would somehow have to appeal to everyone in the world in a short period of time in order for your message to be even remotely effective. Then you would need to make sure that your message was inspiring enough to promote your idea. Even then, a large percentage of the human population would simply not accept your idea.

There are warriors in every civilization and along with them, there are the families that support them and see what they do as noble. There will always be a need to hire people to fight because unfortunately, fighting is a big part of human nature.

It's not as simple as just telling everyone to stop fighting, because fighting is a part of every one of us. The jerks at the top are simply rallying the people, giving us a common enemy so that we will fight the people that they want us to fight instead of each other.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I say if the guys at the top want to fight, they have to be first in line to go to war.

If no-one shows up...no war.

If some of them DO show up...let them fight each other!

Put them in an arena & let them fight each other to the death.

Not just till one of them surrenders, no, till the death as that is much more of a detterant.

It would be easy for them to surrender & promise not to fight again, but who trusts their word anymore?

Sending our men to war when we are REALLY being attacked, is one thing.

But...sending them to fight in these horrendous, illegal, immoral, invasions & massacres IS NOT OK!!!!!

Our soldiers are not there to do the dirty work & die for the super-rich controllers of this world.

I agree...I think that if enough soldiers just put their weapons down & refused to fight these horrors against Humanity, they would garner the overwhelming approval of the citizens & therefore not run the risk of Court Martial.

Already some soldiers have done just that...even WITH the risk of Court Martial or Dishonourable Discharge.

Do you know that in 1914 WWI soldiers on the front line, laid their weapons down & got together in "No Man's Land" to celebrate Christmas for several days? It`s true.

On December 7, 1914, Pope Benedict XV suggested a temporary hiatus of the war for the celebration of Christmas. Though Germany readily agreed, the other powers refused.

Time and again during the course of that day, the Eve of Christmas, there were wafted towards us from the trenches opposite the sounds of singing and merry-making, and occasionally the guttural tones of a German were to be heard shouting out lustily, 'A happy Christmas to you Englishmen!'

Only too glad to show that the sentiments were reciprocated, back would go the response from a thick-set Clydesider, 'Same to you, Fritz, but dinna o'er eat yourself wi' they sausages!'

We shook hands, wished each other a Merry Xmas, and were soon conversing as if we had known each other for years. We were in front of their wire entanglements and surrounded by Germans - Fritz and I in the centre talking, and Fritz occasionally translating to his friends what I was saying. We stood inside the circle like streetcorner orators.

In other areas, the two sides exchanged Christmas carols. First the Germans would sing one of their carols and then we would sing one of ours, until when we started up 'O Come All Ye Faithful'...the Germans immediately joined in singing the same hymn to the Latin words 'Adeste Fidéles'.

Many soldiers enjoyed meeting the un-seen enemy and were surprised to discover that they were more alike than he had thought. They talked, shared pictures, exchanged items such as buttons for food stuffs.

An extreme example of the fraternization was a soccer game played in the middle of No Man's Land between the Bedfordshire Regiment and the Germans. A member of the Bedfordshire Regiment produced a ball and the large group of soldiers played until the ball was deflated when it hit a barbed wire entanglement.

What a sight...little groups of Germans & British extending almost the length of our front!

Out of the darkness we could hear laughter and see lighted matches, a German lighting a Scotchman's cigarette and vice versa, exchanging cigarettes and souvenirs. Where they couldn't talk the language they were making themselves understood by signs, and everyone seemed to be getting on nicely.

Here we were laughing and chatting to men whom only a few hours before we were trying to kill!!

This strange and unofficial truce lasted for several days, much to the dismay of the commanding officers, as this fraternization on Christmas Eve, & again on Christmas, was in no way officially sanctified nor organized.

After hearing of such fraternization, General Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien, commander of the British II Corps, ordered:

Friendly intercourse with the enemy, unofficial armistices (e.g. 'we won't fire if you don't' etc.) and the exchange of tobacco and other comforts, however tempting and occasionally amusing they may be, are absolutely prohibited.

This amazing showing of Christmas cheer was never again repeated and as World War I progressed, the story of Christmas 1914 at the front became something of a legend.

Read The Full Story Here

Winter Soldier - The Film

Winter Soldier Website

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

Dear Maiden PEI

Yes I was aware of this truce in WW1 or the great war as it was known at he time.

The two groups of young men realized that the other was not the enemy.

It is just as true today.

Our only enemies are our leaders. Just as they where back then, in fact it has always been that way.

Our friend above suggests that this idea will never work and indeed he may be right.

However with out bringing the idea forward there is not even a spark.

Start by telling those you know about the idea, if this human race stands a chance it will grow.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I love that WWI Truce story...I never get tired of reading it again.

Thanx for starting this thread, & like you said, we have to start SOMEWHERE, or there will be no spark!

I think that any & all effort to effect the positive goal is helpful, even if it doesn`t make it all the way there.

I also think that a lot of times no-one can come up with the solution right off the bat, but that with dialogue & working together, it often evolves eventually.

Thankfully time is up for the dark forces...they are already falling apart...I know the light force will prevail...I just hope it is before Humanity has to go through very much more pain & suffering.

If we do end up doing ourselves in, remember, the REAL you & me don`t die...just our body-suits do, & where we go is a whole lot better than here!

I believe we are in the End Times of the Bible, or the Shift of The Ages the Indigenous Peoples speak of...the final judegement, where the good & evil are separated & those of the Light move into the next Age...finally, an Age of Peace & Harmony.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
This is not just too young men of America, Europe, Africa, or Asia it is to all young men.

If the old rich men want a WAR let them fight it. Put down those weapons those away those guns.

I know that a lot of people on here are going to say I am totally of my head and indeed that may be true but that doesn’t mean I am wrong.

Think about what makes you join the forces, the army, the air force, the navy. Pride in your country and the old rich evil men use that pride to get you to throw away your young precious life fighting their WAR.

It is time it has always been time but let us do it now.

Umm, I hate to break this to you but, do you really think that will solve
anything? Most of the people in many Countries around the World have
already been disarmed. The only ones left are Countries in Africa, Israel
and a couple in Europe. Only the Police and criminals have guns in the
other countries that have been disarmed leaving the citizens at the mercy
of both. No my friend, do not fall for that, those people are hungry BECAUSE
they have been disarmed. America did not become wealthy because we
gave up our weapons, we became wealthy because we KEPT them. TPTB
know it will cost them very dearly when they come to take our weapons,
possibly costing them their foundation, support and in the end,
their very lives. I have a feeling the only way we will be able to help those
hungry children and people is by rebooting the World system and powering
back up without TPTB.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So you want to stop war do you? Well stopping war, requires starting something. That something is...
Legalize brownies... No, I'm not talking about the brownies your mom would make

It wouldn't be instant, but it would set off a series of chain events that would eventually lead to a worldwide social revolution and the destruction of the monetary system. The same monetary system that has fueled all wars from the get go.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join