It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Violent Action as the Sword that Heals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In contemplating what we can do to resist the tide of totalitariansim which is installing itself at an alarming pace, I have observed on several threads that people feel powerless/inertia/angry/violent - a whole whost of emotions.

I have found this article interesting in its evaluation of the different means at the disposal of people who want to be heard and bring about change.

Just to be clear, I am not attempting to instigate any kind of action, but simply sharing this article out of my personal interest in this subject, and I'd be interested to hear anyone's opinion on it.

www.trainingforchange.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ahh, may I remind you that non-violent protest against a totalitarian state is like running into a brick wall with spikes on the end. There is nothing stopping them from setting the grunts loose to eliminate the unrestful "terrorists". This would only work somewhat on a state that is somewhat democratic, though I sometimes criticise the democracy of the western nations, you still do have to admire that you are given the liberty to criticise it without being tortured and slaughtered.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The use of non-violent action to bring about violent action is humorous to me.

new topics

join