It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo search returned my thread as the #1 result for 'sirius pulsing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I started a thread here on ATS yesterday Nov. 11 'What's up with Sirius?' In my thread I was describing and talking about my observations of the star Sirius: it was pulsing, flashing and putting out red, green and an incredible sapphire blue - like cop car emergency lights (blue.) It had received 54 or so replies. You can still check out my thread titled 'What's up with Sirius?' My thread is still active. This afternoon I had gone to the Yahoo search on the Yahoo homepage to find dates when other people on other forums and sites had first started to ask about Sirius' unusual behavior in order to confirm my curiosities about Sirius on the internet. I searched on 'sirius pulsing' on the Yahoo search engine and was astonished to see my thread returned as the #1 result on the Yahoo search engine page: Page #1, Result #1.

I immediately found it strange and unique that my thread started on ATS about the star Sirius would return the #1 result on the Yahoo homepage search engine so I sent my husband on a detour coming from work to a foreign computer to type in the same search criteria on Yahoo. He brought up the same result.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not unhappy that my thread and topic has come up as the #1 result on Yahoo...it was just something I didn't expect because I thought results like that cost a lot of money. To sum, I started a topic on the star Sirius and it's bizarre behavior and was astonished to see a search on Yahoo under 'sirius pulsing' bring up my thread as the #1 result. Any comments lol.
edit on 12-11-2010 by luxordelphi because: add last paragraph

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I typed in "Sirius". No hits for you. I typed in "Sirius Constellation". No hits for you. I typed in "New Sirius". No hits for you. I typed in "Whats up with Sirius". Yep...#1! Thank good ness you told me the whole thing, otherwise, I would never have found it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's pretty cool for sure. It shows you that ATS is a very powerful soapbox that we all have here at our disposal, and it's completely free.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sorry for the re-post: if you type in 'sirius pulsing' on the Yahoo search it will take you to my original thread as the #1 result titled 'What's up with Sirius?'

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Came up as #2 for me on yahoo.

Number one on google was this thread lmao.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You have to realize google/yahoo searchs are equations
It's probably in the equation that x>y
[not really but simply this]

X being the most recently/more active thing searched on, on the internet with bandwith,

Higher in search box over,

Y being a much more sirus(lol) active document/website, that has not been looked at recently.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Thanks for that...please create something that I can then bring up on Yahoo as the #1 search result. That will prove your theory as I have proved mine.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Go to google and type "missiles over NY" which is of course a newer topic at ATS. It returned as the 2nd link for me at 10:15pm EST. Come to think of it, I found ATS when I was googling a topic of interest to me at the time, this past summer.

If you were TPTB and wanted to find out how many people were harping on a particular 'conspiracy' would you use your muscle to make sure a highly popular search engine routed most people searching a topic to a particular place???

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Explanation: Yours is the ONLY one that put the two words together. That is like typing in the lyrics to a song...of course, that song is going to be number one.

But...how many people DID type in those two words and came to your post? That one is worth braggin rights!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Sorry, exact Lyrics to a song will show that song as #1 result. I typed in "NY missile" and got Daily Mail as #1.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by peggy m

Mystery missile is #2
Atlas base mystery missile is #3

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've mentioned this before as replies in other threads, which was about how fast these google bots are. I am almost 100% convinced there is a conspiracy here. Go over to the new topics section and see what all the newest ones are, then check google. Most of the time it is within the top 5 results. Now how is that possible? Minutes after a new topic is posted, can be found within the top 5 results.

Do some testing, and let me know how it went on your end. The results are almost the same every time I try it. Perhaps it is because I spend 99% of my time online reading articles here at ATS. I'm not sure, but if that is the case. It's quite scary how much they already know about me. I have no google, youtube, myspace, or even a facebook account.

new topics

top topics

join