It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Council Gets North Korea Nuke Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
(Mods - Search turned up nothing, so if it exists elsewhere please feel free to lock/delete).

Security Council Gets North Korea Nuke Report

UNITED NATIONS -- A report by U.N. experts saying North Korea is exporting banned nuclear and missile technology to Iran, Syria and Myanmar has been sent to the Security Council after China dropped its objections, U.N. diplomats said Wednesday.

The panel's report was submitted to the Security Council committee monitoring sanctions against Pyongyang in early May but China, a close ally of North Korea, blocked its transmission to the full 15-member council, diplomats said, speaking on condition of anonymity because consultations have been private.

Blocked by China... Why? N. Korea is an ally of theirs. So apparently its not just the use who does this, contrary to popular belief on this site.

Where is North Korea sending its technology?

"The Panel of Experts has reviewed several government assessments, reporters of the International Atomic Energy Agency, research papers and media reports indicting continuing involvement of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea in nuclear and ballistic missile-related activities in certain countries, including the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Syrian Arab Republic and Myanmar (Burma)."

I am curious why Iran would need this type of technology for its peaceful program.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Snap out of it!The effing persians invented chess!
They have been alwaysd after their own bomb!What do you think this is all about?
The race is on, and even smaller poorer countries want to have the bomb for the prestige and power it brings.
Iran is definately making nuclear weapons....the question is, what right does the US claim that allows it to say anything about it one way or another?
Every country thats developed nuclear weapons has ended up with a huge nuclear headache in terms of maintenance, storagem and disposal of waste.
And the truth of the matter is that once they get it, they suddenly realise that if they ever used it they would be annihalated swiftly by all the other nuke powers!
The whole thing is really just one of those mine is buigger than yours trips.
When the Iranians get the bomb, and mark my words, they will......when they do, theyll find that having it further constrains them from war rather than allowing them to persue it.
just my thinkin on it.....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't think N.K have more advanced technology than Iran in nuke, maybe it is Iran that exporting their technology to N.K ,hehehe.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ackeiyword
I don't think N.K have more advanced technology than Iran in nuke, maybe it is Iran that exporting their technology to N.K ,hehehe.

Certainly plausible I guess. However N. Korea has done something Iran has not, which is to say setting off a nuclear detonation. The ballistic missiles that the North Koreans have are farther ahead that the Shahaab missiles Iran has and have a farther range.

I was surprised to see Myanmar's name on the list though.

new topics

top topics

join