It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeeman Crater - NASA editing at it's finest?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Pervius

You can see the tail of a comet on the lower left side of the sun in both frames as well as that little streak at 10 o'clock.

??

I am not sure, but I have not heard how the SOHO can image a comet??

Would you check on the manner in which SOHO captures images, and whether or not a comet will appear in the spectrum and methods used?? I could look it up, when I have time. But, you made the claim, I would like to hear your explanation first, would be faster.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Sanjaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanjaya

Yes...I went to the SOHO website to learna bit, for myself.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

It's a contest!! (What do I win??)

I still am wondering what significance was meant by the poster, who mentioned the comet in a SOHO image, if they are that common an occurrence??? IN terms of NASA and any so-called "editing" or "hiding" of information??

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'm not sure as well but look at this one, weird ?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
It's a contest!! (What do I win??)

A week long seminar with Nassim Haramein (hotel and airfare not included)

I still am wondering what significance was meant by the poster, who mentioned the comet in a SOHO image, if they are that common an occurrence??? IN terms of NASA and any so-called "editing" or "hiding" of information??

Not much to do with Moon Craters but the internet is full of NASA editing SOHO images 'information' Even the BBC showed us those awesome UFO's they captured

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

'Proof of aliens' goes on show
Wednesday, 15 January, 2003, 20:25 GMT

A series of images of flying saucers which are claimed to be proof of alien life are to be shown at the National Space Centre. Hundreds of the objects were captured on film by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (Soho), a spacecraft 1,000,000 miles from Earth observing the sun. The glowing, saucer-shaped "craft" were said to be moving in a way that suggested intelligent control. Nasa originally dismissed the images as being the result of a camera fault or as comets or asteroids and is now refusing to comment on them.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Seems even the BBC understands that NASA has 'issues'

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It wasn't NASA who had "issues".

See how the same image, having gone through a strikingly similar "enhancement" is used to "prove" the existence of UFOs, in pitches resulting in e.g. this newspaper article (Perth Sunday Times (Australia), 2003/01/19, p. 44). Yes, this was a picture from SOHO, but didn't show any UFO! We believe similar "enhancements", possibly starting with other types of image artifacts (see below for details), are behind all of the recently published "UFO proof" claims. Claims without the time and date of the picture[s] are close to worthless, because the data processing cannot be verified by others.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

i dont understand why finding out we are not alone would cause mass panic. it's not like there was mass suicide last time we found out the earth was round. i think people would be cautious naturally if they actually landed in downtown some where but i think after the initial shock people would go about their lives as things unravel. maybe i'm being conditioned to ignore it. haha, but i wouldnt ignore it. i just like knowing.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It wasn't NASA who had "issues".

Well seriously Phage...

I would not expect you to do anything else but to show us the official version from NASA

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

Well, contrary to the general notion, people never believed the earth was round. It's a myth, yet there are references about the earth being round in medieval scripts and some early theories in antiquity that never gained much momentum. If you read the philosophers, you will see that their general theories did not point out to a flat earth, on the contrary.. The imaginary boundaries described and became a major issue of reference to our current century (for political reasons and for some kind of historical revisionism that suited the PTB) were there to hide the inka gold that was on the other side. They knew it was there prior to the expeditions.

(this is complicated matter and I will discuss it at another opportunity sometime in the future)

There are certain elements in our society that mass panic would suit their needs. If alien inteligent life comes here and anounces it wants to make Contact with us, next thing you know is that everything changes. From the way we make money to the way we worship in a religion. Probably you and me might feel very little affected but the ones who make the world go round or at least their efforts will be affected in major ways. IMO I don't believe that we will have an official Contact with someone unless it will be a fabricated one.
edit on 14-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well your definition of 'true colour" is too picky. I remember all those long battles of color in the Mars rover threads. Yet even you managed to produce images that were close to what we would expect to see if we were there
That's because I am too picky myself.

To me, true colour means exactly that, colours that would look the same as if we were looking at the original.

But when I can see images taken on certain days that shows a blue glowing crater in Earth based telescopes, and I see that same crater in Clementine and Galileo also blue glowing, and I see reports from astronomers dating back to 1554 in NASA's own records that tell me that crater is blue glowing, and I read a report from the Apollo 11 crew that is looking down on that crater and it is blue glowing....
The problem with images that are not true colour is that although some areas look the same other areas look different, so while the blue glow may look similar the surrounding area may look different, so only part of the image represents the true look of that whole area.
(I think my explanation only mixed things more than they already were
)

Then I say that NASA turning the moon grayscale to perpetuate a colorless moon myth is BOGUS. Whether or not it is precisely 'true colour" to meet your standards of the term is irrelevant. At least with color you can see differences that are interesting... details that are lost in the grayscale. Which is why they did it in color in the first place
Obviously, removing colour is worse than having colours that are not the true colours, as you said, there's a reason for their use of colours.

But it's not my standards of what "true colour" means, whenever we mix wavelengths beyond the ones we can see or you remove visible wavelengths, you will never get true colour, with the possible exception of some special conditions.

For example... this is the magnetic anomaly on Farside at Mare Marginis... almost opposite Reiner Gamma. With grayscale you would not see the fantastic features of this area. You would deprive people of such views because your a stickler on 'true colour"? Besides USGS said these are what we would see 'slightly enhanced by UV light' which is after all what UV/VIS (Ultra violet/Visible) is all about
I wouldn't deprive anyone of what they asked for, but as what was asked was "true colour images" I only spoke about that.

And that's that "enhanced by UV light" that makes it look different from what we would see without the UV light.

Just one more nit-picking, when you say "this is the magnetic anomaly" I suppose you mean "this is the area of the magnetic anomaly", seeing that the magnetic anomaly is not visible and does not correspond exactly to any visible shape on the Moon, right?

HEY!! I think I will revive that Aristarchus thread
I have some new photos taken by a French astronomer that caught the crater glowing

New photos are always welcome.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
(snip)
Originally posted by zorgon
From Clementine color data set

The above comment is part of the color photo I snipped. I want to say something about that color photo. I don't know how the believers react when they see this stuff but I'd like to point out that the blue that you see is not necessarily real. Notice that all of the craters, large and small, have this blue. Actually, that blue should be white or light grey and the reflection of this material is known as albedo. Digital imaging or false coloring may have provided the blue fringe.

edit on 14-11-2010 by The Shrike because: To correct quoting.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Once again Phage fails to respond to the BIG red flag: the fact that NASA won't even talk about it anymore. It must be confusing not knowing what the official answer is.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanjaya
(snip)

In the time-lapse video, we see objects that in NASA videos are called UFOs (or "ice particles" by the cognoscenti!). Here we see fast-travellers that leave a short-time streak and we know that they are meteoroids. But then there are the slower objects that you can observe; look under the sun for a bright one coming in off the right edge and the slower one it goes near. Since meteroids are not seen in the time-lapse, then what are these slower, "cruising" objects?
edit on 14-11-2010 by The Shrike because: To insert comment.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Why would NASA have a need to smudge something out when they have the capability to manipulate their photos using digital software and just....make the anomaly disappear? Why leave trace evidence of their sloppy work? Makes little-to-no sense.

Do you really think there's someone over at NASA using his thumb or an eraser tip? Really?

This is not to say they're not hiding stuff from us but; smudge? Nah! Those smudge-marks are most likely the result of photo adjusting (not sure what that would technically be called)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11
reply to post by spacebot

i dont understand why finding out we are not alone would cause mass panic. it's not like there was mass suicide last time we found out the earth was round. i think people would be cautious naturally if they actually landed in downtown some where but i think after the initial shock people would go about their lives as things unravel. maybe i'm being conditioned to ignore it. haha, but i wouldnt ignore it. i just like knowing.

"...last time we found out the earth was round."

When Eratosthenes of Cyrene (Ancient Greek c. 276 BC c.195 BC) proved that the Earth was round there were no mass suicides. And it is doubtful that anyone really thought that the earth was flat. The tales of Columbus' men, and others, believing such may be a romantic notion. Members of the Flat Earth Society, based largely on literal interpretation of Bible passages by Samuel Rowbotham, prove that religion can be harmful to mental stability.

edit on 14-11-2010 by The Shrike because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
(snip)

See my reply, below about a flat earth.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
The tales of Columbus' men, and others, believing such may be a romantic notion.

I know it's off-topic, but Columbus was trying to get to India going to the West because he thought the distance was shorter that way, everybody thought at that time that the Earth was round (or pear shaped), the biggest discussion was it's size.

Some people said it was smaller and navigating to the West they would reach India, while other people said that it was bigger. The Portuguese, apparently, knew that there was a continent between Europe and Asia, so they were not interested in Columbus ideas when he asked the Portuguese king to pay for that expedition to reach India navigating to the West, and he went to talk to the king of Spain.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
(I think my explanation only mixed things more than they already were
)

Maybe

... with the possible exception of some special conditions.

Now you have my attention...

I wouldn't deprive anyone of what they asked for, but as what was asked was "true colour images" I only spoke about that.

Where I come from we call that a dodge

Just one more nit-picking, when you say "this is the magnetic anomaly" I suppose you mean "this is the area of the magnetic anomaly", seeing that the magnetic anomaly is not visible and does not correspond exactly to any visible shape on the Moon, right?

No. As you can see in both the Reiner Gamma and Mare Marginas pictures, the ground in both cases show weird contorted areas that just don't look like natural terrain. The colors bring that out quite nicely and I have so far only found such contortions in these two areas. Since there are a lot of iron oxides on the surface, perhaps what we are seeing is some kind of 'image' recorded in the regolith of the anomaly. Since there is supposedly no wind and water erosion on the moon except for the raging storms cause by electrostatic dust... I find it possible that the magnetic anomaly has left a mark in the surrounding regolith

edit on 14-11-2010 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPThe Portuguese, apparently, knew that there was a continent between Europe and Asia, so they were not interested in Columbus ideas when he asked the Portuguese king to pay for that expedition to reach India navigating to the West, and he went to talk to the king of Spain.

Hmmm that sounds like a little bit of Portuguese/Spanish rivalry going there
But if your going to go Medieval on me you need more appropriate attire.

Any good antique shops on the docks? I could use some more decor for the Manor

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
One thing I've never understood about all these images that NASA have released with "smudged" out sections..........If NASA were hiding something, then surely they would simply withhold these images rather than release them with what some people would call "anomalies" included!

Why would they do that?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join