It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeeman Crater - NASA editing at it's finest?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very much obliged that one who I respect posts from has commented on one of my few posts here. I must say for a moment that I myself am very appreciative of the common sense and scientifically supported input from this person Phage. I am sometimes in a tizzy in some threads I browse here to scroll ahead to see if Phage has responded to celestial matters blown out if ignorance, (not an insult mind you, ignorance implies lack of specific education, not intelligence), and I await the grounded explanation.

It's quite funny as I almost intended to send Phage a private message today for fighting the good fight so to speak but I suppose I'm putting it out in the open.

Back to the topic at hand in Phage's response to my description on where Voyager 2 is right now. I believe Mr. Phage must show me what he considers true interstellar space and I will then show him that Termination shock and heliosheath/heliosphere is only half of the way away from our sun's influence.

And I must be corrected about which Voyager that is further away, it is indeed Voyager 1, except Voyager 2 is traveling faster and one year will pass up Voyager 1, I don't use Roman numerals for clarity, since there are only 2.

Exactly where does interstellar space begin away from our sun Phage?

Thank you for reading if you did.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Asking where interstellar space begins is a bit like asking where interplanetary space begins. There is no defined line but the heliopause is thought to be at about 100AU from the Sun.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
haroon is a wasteman

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
To me the Clementine Photo and the Chinese tabloid photo are EXACTLY the same. Shadows, the smudge, its all the same. Are not these two photos supposed to be from different craft?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Yes we would of picked up on it mate

With over 39 years on the technology evolved over time,it was not until around 1994 advances with editing software were made since then we have come along way .

Nice BTW you did a good job... This image you did last would be more the norm back then

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow, thanks, it seems our moon isn't quite the all gray landscape we are meant to think it is! I'm gonna try and look up some more of these photos based on your source, peace!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaganTool
To me the Clementine Photo and the Chinese tabloid photo are EXACTLY the same. Shadows, the smudge, its all the same. Are not these two photos supposed to be from different craft?

The Chinese article claims that their government has photos of the blocked out object in the NASA image.

They passed over the same area and took images they have not released yet.

hope this helps

Ocker

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Wonder what a Captain James T. Kirk would have to say.
James T. Kirk.....JTK.....in reverse Order.....Knights of the Temple of Jerusalem.
They are 'aware' of the situation.
Soon there will be no other choice than to reveal the truth.
This will be difficult especially when an audit is performed.

Most in the 'foundation' have no idea whom they serve.
Innocence is lost in ignorance.....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was under the impression that the Ort cloud was still part of our solar system.

It is kind of funny that if one could travel away from our sun that it's true comparative brightness increases after the Ort cloud is passed as opposed to in between termination shock and Ort observances are, theoretically speaking. We may one day actually know if this is true if the little metal voyagers still can be accessed some time in the future. Amazing that those solar arrays can still work enough all the way out there.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

When people tell me science is only a theory, I tell them 'the bomb' works!

And so what? Do you think there's something new about killing people? Stones work just fine (just a matter of numbers)... Science should be about understanding things, don't you think so?

"We should remember that there was once a discipline called natural philosophy. Unfortunately, this discipline seems not to exist today. It has been renamed science, but science of today is in danger of losing much of the natural philosophy aspect."
--- Hannes Alfvén

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
--- Nikola Tesla

Peace
edit on 14-11-2010 by Sanjaya because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Oh yeah? Then WHY did they have to test it over 900 times?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanjaya

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."

Truth nailed in a paragraph.
That's unusual.

This reminds myself of the 'concept' of Isreal.
IS (Isis), RA (Ra), EL (Horus).

The mystical union between the moon and sun greets the sun of the morning of the horizon of the new dawn.

One may ascribe human, animal or other 'characters' to the understandings of astronomy, the cosmos, intelligence and the derision of intellect all they like, though from what 'I' Understand, the highest truths can not be seen with naked eye. On the other hand, Right one, there is that third eye, the unseen one that appears adept to seeing the unseen.

Well, 'We have this hope" was once muttered along the, you know.....
Could One explain this video to themself? It doesn't 'appear' to make any sense or does it? Something about that video brings tears of.....laughter to my eyes and then I wonder, what was so funny? I don't know, could be the hair, costume, the shuffle.

Humans can be silly though we love them all the same.
We, could be those who seA 'things' as they are.
My scope is at times too refined for perspective sake, hence here I am, time and again, hoping for the best.
All one can do is to "Do their best" with what they have.

There appears to be power in perspective.
How would one ever know?
If they haven't tried?

Most, just carry on with themselves as their told.
Most are given the respect they give themselves.
Humanity appears to have 'sold itself out'.

"We have this hope".
I believe it was etched in stone, somewhere.
Any ideas?

edit on 14-11-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Did it not work 900 times, actually that number for American 'tests' is quite a bit larger than that, and world wide it's like way over 5,000 detonations.

But I guess it is all smoke and mirrors. Or maybe it's just the simple verbiage that a test in the scientific world is really applied demonstration, kind of a linguistic misunderstanding. A proposal becomes a theory when it can demonstrate a repeatable outcome in different laboratory trials. I know I'm not very good at explaining the scientific process, because I'm not a scientist, I just work with scientists trying to give a visual graphic of some intangible concepts, and sometimes quite mundane ordinary things.

I was using Photoshop 1.0 back in 1988. I was not on the 'cutting edge' of digital manipulation however, I used to be a purist hand drawn artist but that profession has since died thanks to the digital age and cost slashing stock photo websites. Now EVERYONE is a designer, but sadly few can be really called 'artists'.

OK end of my bitter personal rant, sorry for that. My point was just supposed to be that Photoshop was developed by the brothers who George Lucas hired to do the special digital effects for his first Star Wars movie back in 1977, so Photoshop has really been with us for quite sometime. Thomas and John Knoll, among a host of others.

I just draw images, but some research has to be undertaken and understood in order to visualize some things one cannot take a photograph of at least just yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
O
I play with graphics (not photoshop... I hate that software) and photo manipulation as a hobby.

What? Photoshop the de facto standard for image manipulation...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Squeeze an Orange

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by The ShrikeMy 9-pound LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON from 1971 has 675 plates with the large ones measuring approx. 9" wide, 11-1/2" high and the resolution is better than the online version!

We got that too
Where you think John found all those anomalies? And we have full size 16x20 negatives and original prints
(snip)
But as to why some can see the anomalies right away and easily while others see nothing but blurry rocks...

You say Pareidolia I say Prosopagnosia

But I have a different theory on that... and it was proven with more than one person who suddenly spotted what we saw... then after that the viel was lifted and they became one of us
A thing the skeptics fear the most

John found anomalies in the ATLAS? He must have hyperperception! I've stared at every plate with various power magnifying glasses starting in the early '80s and found only one which petered out when I got a large poster of the photo and my anomaly turned out to be natural features, natch. But because in the ATLAS plate I thought I found an entrance complete with a "saucer" in the opening and one right behind it, as if they were aware of the Lunar Orbiter orbiting overhead and they tried to beat it by going underground, perhaps when they sell a large copy of the photo it is "processed" to hide what I thought was there. Otherwise, nothing.

I found another anomaly in a different NASA book and I did a thread here about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plus another anomaly in a NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC issue:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm a natural skeptic but I always look forward to irrefutable evidence, I live for it. My wife suffers from prosopagnosia but my vision and memory is flawless. She had a conversation with someone in a neighborhood cafe and he looked familiar to her and after a while she asked him if he lived in the neighborhood and he replied, "I live in your building!"

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sorry if this seems unreasonable, but why exactly do you visit this website?

Let's be honest, for the most part, ATS is for people who believe in rather hard to believe things. I haven't seen you yet post ONCE that someone may be correct about ANY issue. It seems to me that you're just in this as some kind of roving professional debunker.

And on another note, throwing up a picture and saying that somehow the OP (or whomever posted the photo) stretched it and not providing any other supporting evidence (the photos you have are from a distance, of course closer inspection is needed) that you are correct.

Your photo also doesn't account for the fact that NASA now smudges out the supposed "nothing" that is in this crater. How exactly do you plan to account for that?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

awesome work man! I really think that we're onto something here.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Oh, it's certainly not unreasonable.....

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I find the Phage posts a breath of fresh air. You need to have a balance in any discussion and he always provides a very good, logical opinion and EVIDENCE to back up what he is saying. If we didn't have balanced discussions on ATS it would devolve into "I have a feeling" and "sarcasm... Chinese lantern" threads.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join