It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeeman Crater - NASA editing at it's finest?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
You seem to be insinuating that they are morons and anything but "bright minds" especially with the inclusion of your last quote. And your proof is: Stress when unforeseen consequences from a slight miscalculation presents themselves, a guy left hanging on a high five by someone much older than him (even a youtube comment states that), some guys jumping up and down in celebration. Really?

Yes really
But you have to know the rest of the story that goes with those three examples to fully understand the lunacy

You seem to dismissing it all as the product of morons.

No not all, just overall ... but even the Hubble started off bad
All you have to do is look at there record. Its actually amazing they don't have more accidents with those rust buckets they fly...

And don't forget that when NASA was commissioned to do the Airline safety study... they refused to release the results

NASA Airplane Safety Report Stalled
Some Wonder Whether Survey Is Being Withheld Due to Scary News

NASA surveyed some 24,000 commercial and general aviation pilots over nearly four years, but the data, collected through early 2005, have never been released. Just six days ago, those affiliated with the project got an e-mail, asking them to turn over any data to NASA and delete survey information from their personal computers.

Not only that..

Just how sensitive the information is seems clear in a document from NASA denying that FOIA request. NASA said "release of the data ... could materially affect the public confidence in, and the commercial welfare of, the air carriers."

So we have clear proof that NASA withholds critical information... but funny how that was all washed over

Members of Congress have now demanded that the data be preserved and presented to lawmakers.

In a statement, NASA administrator Michael Griffin said, "As a general practice, I believe that NASA research and data should be widely available." The administrator has now taken steps to make sure the safety survey data is preserved and the agency is looking into whether it can release it. A NASA spokesman told ABC News the data is still being analyzed, and that an analysis won't be finished until the end of the year.

So once again NASA stalls for over a year, even with congress demanding the results. And funny thing is... there was no follow up on that... it was just forgotten about unless you are a researcher digging into the truth

abcnews.go.com...

If an organisation was forced by a government to keep the lid on something they would not let loose with little obvious mistakes such as those presented in the image.

Yes they would... to keep things confusing. That is why they are obvious 'mistakes' NASA is not a public entity despite what people want to believe. They have been under the DoD for a long time. Go to any NASA website and look at the bottom of the page... look under "freedom of information" It will lead you here

www.hq.nasa.gov...

NASA doesn't have to tell the public anything they don't want to... so the obvious mistakes are for another reason

Recommend a native mandarin-speaker to translate it for you

No need.. we already know that the Chinese story was from a forum similar to ATS. What they are saying is that China has, (but won't release) images of that area that shows what NASA was hiding. If they do or not, we will likely never know officially... and I am sure in China they won't allow snooping like we do here

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The reason that the DoD were involved in the Moon mapping is that NASA is actually an offshoot of the Department of Defence, so of course they would be involved!

Roy.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The Clementine photos do not have any blurring, look at the images available on the Clementine archive and you can see that.

Hmmm you mean the ones they released many years after the original release that has the blurs?

Could it be that they hired photoshop experts now that the newer tech was available to make less noticable 'repairs'?

Don't forget that in the beginning NASA never imagined we would all have super computers a 1000 times better than NASA had back then in our homes with high grade photo editing capability.

The Lunar Orbiter images were taken in High Res back in the 60's Why did it take so long to release those to us? Remember the McMoon scandal with the 'missing' lunar orbiter tapes found at an abandoned McDonald's?

I remember the skeptics pouncing on me for that
only to find them scurry under a rock when it was found to be true.

Sure they have the good stuff posted NOW... but they have had plenty of time to sanitize them all. And you were there when the color version was made public in 2006 broken here at ATS

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
My mistake- I thought the image in the OP was a Clementine photo.

The OP image is a Clementine image... from the first released version US NAVY browser version 1.5

There is also THIS

Originally posted by notafulldeck
Found alternative angle of same object. This image was in a thread back in 2007:

A totally different angle on that crater and it too is smudged

Thanks notafulldeck for bringing that to my attention

Coincidence? Don't believe in them
edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Could you post that photo or supply a link to it as I sure would like to see a genuwine lunar photo showin' honest-to-goodness mining on the moon. After all, if you were convinced ... and I hope it doesn't take me a few days!

Well no problem...

First of all you have my comment out of context. The 'few days' was about a particular item in the mine photo. As the image was huge, and I was looking for a very tiny object... I was looking at the wrong spot and John did not have the photo editing tools to point me to it so he using words to point me to it

As to the link...
Its just one of the biggest threads on here. Problem is that most of the early clippings are no longer there because I changed servers and since John is no longer here the tread has run its course

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Last I checked its at 271 pages Enjoy

edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

edit on 2010/11/13 by GradyPhilpott because: trimmed nested quote

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No.
Same image, different projection.
The "overhead" image is from the polar projection found here:
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

The "oblique" image was taken from the cylindrical projection which was used on the 1.5 browser.

The reference image at the top of the page is a simple cylindrical map projection of the entire moon
www.lpi.usra.edu...

The 2.0 browser also uses a cylindrical projection. The same view of the crater is apparent but the improved browser does not exhibit the same blur.
www.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

that is really awesome man, i am impressed

looks DISTINCTLY like a building!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
If Nasa wanted to hide something by cloning or airbrushing you wouldn't be left with square blurred artifacts or such in the images. These get posted as 'proof' that Nasa is hiding something all the time here yet a kid with 5 minutes in photoshop could hide anything and leave no traces behind.

that doesn't even make sense, wether they choose to blurr it in a large square section of blurr, or if they choose to blurr it according to it's distinct shape doesn't change that they have blurred an object

yes the technology needed to blurr a photo can be correctly used by a child in five minutes, your point?

didn't mean to come off sarcastic or insulting, just trying to poke at your argument, bud.
edit on 11/13/2010 by indigothefish because: didn't mean to come off sarcastic or insulting!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hmmm you mean the ones they released many years after the original release that has the blurs?

5 years is not many years, but yes, I am talking about those images.

Could it be that they hired photoshop experts now that the newer tech was available to make less noticable 'repairs'?

I don't think so. There were more things that looked like image anomalies on the older version of the image browser that were not present on the photos or on the newer version.

I also don't think that anyone would consider that supposed "smudging" as anything that could be published.

And you were there when the color version was made public in 2006 broken here at ATS

Yes.

One question: if the Clementine mission was not a NASA mission and the Clementine Image Browser is from the Naval Research Laboratory, why are these images in a thread title "Zeeman Crater - NASA editing at it's finest?"

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

My point is in the first sentence. If they want to edit out something you wont be left with these artifacts

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How does that prove it is the same image?

The links you provided only show that different projections is a possibility for some pictures but how do you know for sure that the picture in question is the same image with a different projection?

Is this only your best guess or does the nasa/navy/clementine website have both projections from the same image available for viewing?
edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/11/13 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Thread hopping is fun...
It isn't NASA, it's the Navy.

The shadows and lighting are the same. That indicates that it is the same image. The same as this image posted by ArMap.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Thread hopping is fun...

This is going to get old very quickly.

It isn't NASA, it's the Navy.

That is irrelevant to my question thus does not answer it.

The shadows and lighting are the same. That indicates that it is the same image.

Translation: That is your best guess and not proof.

I have two points to make regarding this statement.
1) Multiple images could have been taken close to the same time which would account for the shadows & lighting but that brings me to point number two.
2) How don't see how you can tell from those two pictures at different angles that the shadows & lighting are the same. There is just not enough detail & information to determine that
edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
One question: if the Clementine mission was not a NASA mission and the Clementine Image Browser is from the Naval Research Laboratory, why are these images in a thread title "Zeeman Crater - NASA editing at it's finest?"

That IS a good question... It might be because saying NAVY editing will leave people confused
If I could use those stroked out letters I could stroke out NASA and add NAVY

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I dont think this is that valid i mean if they really wanted to cover something up they would make it perfect. As a photo-shop wizard i can honestly say that i could make that perfect and none of you would see the difference

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I was just wondering, are any of these photos actual true color pictures of the moon? Forgive my ignorance, but I was just curious..also if there are any where might I see them? Or is every single picture taken of the moon's surface by any space agency in black and white? Thanks in advance guys!

*I'm not talking about the moon landing pics, more like satellite, probe, and other telescope type ones.

Reason for asking just finished watching "Moon Rising" and it 'arose' these questions for me...

Cheers!
edit on 13-11-2010 by AutOmatIc because: not moon landing pics

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

No, at most we have photos from several wavelengths, some of those from the visible spectrum, but not enough to make a true colour (or even an approximate true colour) image.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

It supposedly is a gapping hole that reveals hidden vertical structures underneath the surface, wherever these openings have not been strategically impacted with boulders and thus have been completely filled with surface material. Therefore the LCROSS mission was designed to enter such a crevice and probably had the right size to get "stuck" at some level of the underneath structure that had been previously peeked with NASA telescopes and orbital recons, then the real mission would begin, the starting of transmitting of data from inside the crevice. The hollow rocket used for LCROSS could hide equipment not meant to be seen from the pubic.
This however was not the crater used in the LCROSS mission.

Am I right, or am I way off the mark? OP

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus
Bump for Justice!

Lets all donate a few dollars, have some private company build a satellite and take our own damn photos of the moon. Uncensored and live!

Or of the insides of the Moon. LOL

edit on 13-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Phage

There are a few areas in the global mosaic where spikes or artifacts in the ULCN 2005 topographic or digital elevation model (DEM) caused artifacts or errors in the LO mosaic. For each pixel in a LO frame, radius values from the same site in the DEM file are used to project the pixel onto the surface. Pronounced artifacts in the DEM were propagated to the projected LO image data. The resulting pattern in the LO mosaic is a "log cabin" or "checkerboard" effect where the image data is compromised in a few isolated areas.

www.mapaplanet.org...

Here's a different LO image of Zeeman

edit on 11/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Problem is that in the 1960's they wouldn't have smudged photos prepared for interpreting Digital Elevation Models DEM since they barely had computers back then, let alone preparing 3 dimensional digital maps with them like they do today. The "Timex watch" is still a puzzle
edit on 13-11-2010 by spacebot because: later additions

edit on 2010/11/13 by GradyPhilpott because: Replaced quote of entire previous post with "reply to" tags.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i hope we can get the truth, in my opinion it's an obvious cover up. I dont even understand how agencies can just lie to our faces and not have any consequences. information should be accessible to all if we are going to come together and live peacefully.

as long as there are secrets to control an agenda, any chance of world peace or any type of harmony is null.

This cover up is just another slap in our faces and they are pointing and laughing at us. i just hope the "crazy" chinese will not follow the same steps and try to "brush" this under the table. i hope they show us what is behind the blur.

how can i get a job for nasa as an airbrusher anyways? i want that job. i make better photo shop pictures. seriously coming from nasa you would expect the air brushing to be professional and hard to see, but no. they must let their kids cover stuff up because their work looks as if stephen hawking did it himself.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11
i hope we can get the truth, in my opinion it's an obvious cover up. I dont even understand how agencies can just lie to our faces and not have any consequences. information should be accessible to all if we are going to come together and live peacefully.

By the time it will get difficult for the truth to be hidden by the PTB, it the process we might become so dumped down that any evidence out of the ordinary would cause mass panic or either be completely ignored. I feel that we are being conditioned for both...just in case.

edit on 13-11-2010 by spacebot because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join