It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tell me about hague, netherlands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i got an opportunity to move and live there and to get a job i hope,maybe after some weeks.
only problem is i need to find a flat. only for me, or for two more girls, yea i know im probably lucky that i will get to live with two girls but its not a big deal and you get bored.
and afcourse getting a work permit for bulgarian,or getting help is hard as....hardcore.

is someone from ats from hague? i would love to have a coffee or hang out with a new friend.
or maybe some helpfull tip?
*i find dutch people generaly very nice, they all speak english,not like those germans.
*i contacted the ind, the xpat help desk, they were extremly nice!
*the private job agencyes were horrible though, no one wanted to help me because they only deal with office jobs
*in order to get a job,some employer/company must like me so they can get a work permit for me,and dont know how easy that is, they may get it in a day,or they may have to "show proof that no dutch people want the job" and that just makes me boil.

and im young,i want to be good,i escape from the horrible place and want to actualy contribute to the good people there,to my good country.
i want to pay my taxes there,to be fair,to throw my trash in trashcans and to be happy.
but why do i get treated like im trash? how come some illegal gipsy bulgarians can go and find illegal work while not paying taxes and being jerks to everyone.
its not fair,i wish someone can give me a tip or something...just help ):

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I was born and raised in the hague, and to be honest with you, i emigrated to another country because the netherlands was a country of future and prosperity but the last years it is going backwards healthcare is not good
high crime rates everything is very expensive a lot of unemployment,i would not recommend it personally it is hard to live in a foreign country as the netherlands where the rules are tight,but if you decide to go just me know maybe i can help in some way in giving you advise what to do,also take a look here it can be of use to you.

netherlands.angloinfo.com...

Just let me know or better send me a message's

Good luck

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
hague? like Den Haag or something?

Mate first thing you need to do when coming here is to get registered, so then you may apply for a legal job. Search a cheap flat to live in, then walk to the first McDonald's you see, and apply for a job. You will probably get hired, bravo now you make 1300 a month, pay 600 a month for rent, pay some other stuff, and got some money left. This is you're way to victory. When you are here, please be sure you get a Dutch language course. My Italian friend came to the netherlands a month ago, he has a rough time finding a job. He lives in Haarlem, his tomtom got stolen, and he found a drug addict sleeping in his car, + he has 2 parking tickets already. Though that's a job well done cause Italians drive like maniacs.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ah >_< you guys make me scared. well hmmm...im getting there with a bus so not really expensive only 100 euro
- if the two girls that live there manage to find a nice place for 750, we can share the rent and i pay 250.
but we both know how hard would it be to find someone who agrees for three people,without wanting 750 deposit.
i have money to stay 2 or 3 months, but i can only afford to pay around 300 maybe and 300 deposit,and survive for 2-3 months. depends...

-i spoke to the ind, the guys were cool they sayd i just come and register for a tax number,then i go to them and they give me a nice stamp on my passport,that gives me right to look for a job and live for 3 months.
and when i find a job and live in some flat, i can go and apply for a residence permit for 1 year.

-afcourse only problem is how will i find a starter job to survive, when i speak great english,but i just start to learn dutch and its very hard, sure i will get a free course there and learn it since i live every day but someone must give me a chance.
dosnt mcdonalds want me to have a medical note that im healthy to touch food?
wont some hotel hire me for a picolo maybe?
private job agencyes allready dumped me so only hope is newspapers,asking places and the federal job bureau.
and willthey even help me search some job,or just leave me searching the ads on the internet my self.

i dont know what to say, in the past whenever i wanted to relocate somewhere everyone would say its an awful place, but its just that...there ISNT anything better.
- my country bulgaria is the most awful place on earth,crime and bad people are just horrible,everything is hell
- all countryes in europe want work permit and dont speak english, except for denmark, i dont need a workpermit there, but i dont know.
- england is too hard expensive and allready corrupted with bad people
- germans just speak german and their job agencyes act like children,too hard and expensive
- so in these nasty years, hague seems the only nice options for a new life,everything else is just impossible.

so i guess i should just start learning dutch seriously?
and maybe i can get a chance to get some starter job?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
yea i heard that italians drive like crazy, and i saw that all hague is crowded in cars,everyone drives aroud bycicles,and i decided its about time for me to walk,to loose a few pounds,so im doing the walking thing.
kinda hard when i roll around in a car all day.

truth is i was supposed to go live with the two girls,but the landlord was bulgarian too (o boy)
and she got some old bulgarian turk before me, first he didnt want to go,he didnt want to pay rent.
then the landlord is greedy about money and lies to me and wants me to pay for two rooms if i wanna be alone with the two girls, so i sayd enough
i come to be around EUROPEANS, and to be a good european person, if i wanted to live like a redneck i would just stay in bulgaria, and thats not happening.
so gotta make the girls find a new place or just find one for my self tommorow,i cant take it anymore,i feel like hangin my self.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Mate, for your first job, go either to McDonald's or Burger King, there are no real requirements, other then you have to speak english, and be willing to work, that's all. You will have the best chances there.
edit on 13-11-2010 by cyberjedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
thank you man, you really made me feel good. if i can repay you with some pc tip,or some graphic stuff let me know.
im a drama queen,im always afraid that i would end up working with some a%%holes flipping burgers all day,and i have to stand up for my self, but ill just have to do it,and hope that that job and people turnout to be nice,besides its a starter job so, ill move up the ladder on jobs quickly.
great then,now all i need is to fix the flat problem

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
great i hope there are no problems with the work permit,because i though its illegal to work without it,maybe theyll smuggle one for me? well anyway im happy, and maybe ill get to eat some burgers and get fat XD

top topics

join