It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKYLINE MOVIE A SCIENTOLOGY PLOT?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think everyone should go and see Skyline. Its that bad its good.
I carnt remember the last time I chuckled so much through a film.
Especialy the bit when the Rafa Benitez character bitch slaps the poor mans Rocky Balboa character.

A Sci fi smoothy mixed with turd.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I saw the exciting preview trailer for Skyline as well and was regrettably bamboozled into taking the family to see this joke of a film. My disappointment was most certainly compounded, as we were all very much looking forward to seeing this film for some time. Shame on the Skyline folks for using the words of the great Stephen Hawking to promote their sorry little film. Dr. Hawking would have been the first person out of his seat to leave, had he actually gone to the theatre to see it.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Honestly, Street Fighter was a better movie. I get what you're saying regarding special effects however there was soo much potential for this movie to turn into something good that I'm disheartened from seeing ANY more space invasion movies.......ever!

Overall, I was offended that this seven plot movie that goes nowhere was even green lighted by producers. Some WARNING from critics would have sufficed to say the least but NO... we didn't even get that.Just about the time the movie ended I thought that it might be going somewhere but the film was tantamount to this:

Flash giant orb things hit the ground,
people run, kissing, giant aliens, explosion, in the space craft MINDF***, roll credits.

THE END.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpAndC

Sadly, yes. Dr. Turkleton dies. Not what i expected. Poor bastard!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

You get a star from me. I actually like the movie. The ending did however was left wanting. Reminded me of the Quake 4 plotline. Totally left open for a sequel. But, over all, the biomechanical type aliens were a complete refresher. It seemed totally plausible that an alien race is as advanced as what they showed in the movie.

To another poster that commented about aliens finally winning. This would be the second time, in my reckoning. The only other movie I can recall where aliens actually end up taking over humanity was "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".

Starship Troopers is actually my fave movie. I think I read the book somewhere sometime ago. My wife hates it, but I like watching it when nothing else is on.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Oh how I wished I would of read this before I wasted time and money on this piece of trash.

A bunch of whiny idiots trying to decide what to do for the entire movie.

And then the ending....ugh.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I watched Skyline yesterday and I was really disappointed.
now looking forward to Harry Potter.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

I'm glad that we have same opinion about "alien scifi" movie.....Independant Day is awsome, War of the World is cool, but for too long these type of movies have grown corny; "more advanced aliens" invade us, "far less advanced humanity" fight back and win......it's just a joke....I don't see how Native American triumphed at the end of the war with European invasion.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i would say the the film isn't a complete loss of admission their are some grate visual and sound effects at play. but there where a lot of hollow spots in the movie. i concur that it has a making for a great sci-fi movie but their where some parts that could of been cut to make room for the more important parts of the movie i feel as if there was not enough information given to the story line the plot was week i think it was mostly a waste of time having most of the movie shot inside a apartment building. i guess being on a budget they did oky but thire should of been more to the movie in turns to story line.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Was it me but this game had so many similarities to resistance on PS3...The chimera at the end looked so similar so did some of the ships/alien craft

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I noticed that too! Towards the end of the movie it really did seem to take on a feel just like that. I wonder how much time the writing staff spent playing resistance.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I am always the odd one out, heres my take on Skyline - New ideas but not well put together. (warning as I maybe telling you the better bits)

Interesting bits:
1. The Aliens are winning.They hit suddenly seems a distinct possibility if it does happen.
2. CGI seems above my expectation. (Aliens seem to be Bio-Mech - note the use of brain materials).
3. Humans don't know what to do But gives them hell anyway. In reality many would just pray and lay down to die faced with such unknown.
4. The escapes attempt from the building is better then War of The worlds' Screaming Dakota.
5. The ending twist makes this show worthy of being the prequel of something really good. Something the viewers may have missed was the Hero Turk is a programing geek n very good one. In the boosted state he defeated an Alien. When his brain was mashed into the Alien he manage to take over it.

weak bit:
1. The screen play could have been better.
2. Plot is too tight with not much empathsis on character.. Which causes many to miss the juicy bit.
3. I guess Starlight must reveal more to capture the viewers attention going forward. If they hope to carry on a franchiase, this first part did not cut it. It a pity.. really nice idea with lots of fresh ideas but not well put together.

I hope we do get to see the story develop then it would become something of a cult classic. But I fear a still birth.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This thread cought my eye- I saw this movie yesterday (via internet), and am also interested in $cientolgy. I should clarify the nature of my "interest" on $ceintology; The fact that people, literally, buy into this absurd drek fascinates me. I have looked into this "religion" by both reading official documentation and reading/watching ex-member's testimonials (And for the record I am on the Anonymous [i.e. "anti"] side of things).
ANyway... Skyline was not so bad, actually. I mean, the movie dragged on, with the main characters constantly dodging the probing alien spacecraft. Said spacecraft had an interesting element, as the machinery had a biological element to it, eating and seemingly digestng people. It was creepy, but certainly wasn't very gripping.
So, HERE BE SPOILERS: Probably the most interesting aspect of this film was its ending sequence. Two main characters had survived, as the others (about 7 or so) were either killed off or "eaten". They had nowhere to go, no options left... and they decided to just be sucked away by the aircraft to an uncertain death. But was it death? Inside the spacecraft, this human-figured machine was eating human brains. Well, I guess it ate the "wrong" brain- belonging to one of the two characters left- and kind of assumed its identity. So the newly- reincarnated character saves the other, and goes on sort of a rampage, attemtping to destroy its way through.
So, that's that about the movie. Like I said, the ending was unfortunately the most interesting. Now, about any $cientology references... I found none. I am not declaring to have a vast knowledge of $ci-to, but have a fair understanding about it... and like I said, I found nothing. No references to their theology, or anything. If anyone disagrees, please explain, I'd be very interested!
edit on 13-12-2010 by ickyuck because: font not working

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join