It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been abducted by Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just enquiring why this is a predominantly American thing?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think if you read various litersture on the subjcet you will find this is not the case. There are plenty of UK UFO abductions, and personally when I have read UFO literature, I have found French peoples UFO encounters to be the most frightening in their description.

I think you hear more American cases due to Freedom of Speech and that from a British perspective there is a more sensationalist attitude to events that are out of the ordinary. Dont forget a lot of countries do not have free press and are controlled by the Governments and Dictatorships, which will censor a lot of articles.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There have been many reports of abductions in my country, the Netherlands, I have seen UFO's, have had missing time and mysterious nose bleeds...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
There have been many reports of abductions in my country, the Netherlands, I have seen UFO's, have had missing time and mysterious nose bleeds...

I have never seen real UFO, neither was I abducted. But I like aliens, they could be really interesting creatures. Mostly I like the stories uf abductees, some well composed fairy tales, too.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To me knowledge I have never been abducted, I have no memories of such, but I have seen Unindentified Flying Objects flying high above the clouds, aprox 40-50.000 feet, about the altitude of passenger liners, but I have seen many passenger planes, none circled around each other in perfect circles, I doubt they were balloons of some sort, to this day I don't know what they are, but possibly they are inteligent.

The nose bleeds could be anything really, but this corrosponds with the abduction stories how abductees had their nose bleeding.

Missing time, that is completely left unexplained by me...

But I have to say, I am 100% truthful and I have not made up nor hallucinated anything....This is swear of my life and everything I love, including my beloved wife.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Abducted? Probably. By Aliens? Who knows?

All I know for certain is that from 1993 to 1996 I, my mother, and several friends, all experienced identical dreams on the same nights, a total of three times. The dreams involved bizarre happenings which we all independantly described via drawing pictures (without first describing the dreams to one another) and then comparing them, only to find that they were identical. We also all clearly recalled the location of these "dreams."

What makes absolutely no sense to me, is that a) the location turned out to be a seldom-used playground near a freeway that is difficult to access, but which would presumably be highly visible from said freeway should anything abnormal have happened, as well as the parking lot of what appeared to be a church of scientology, b) we all recalled seeing a street sign and we all agreed upon what it was, c) it was a location none of us had ever been to, but that one of us lived only a few blocks from, and d) when we went to the street in question, we found the two locations from the "dreams" and they were perfectly identical to what we remembered, in every detail.

It just struck me as odd, because you always hear about these strange events happening in rural or removed locations, and surely if there were "flying saucers" involved, there would have been bright lights or something like that for people to see from the freeway.

Also, the thing that was consistent in each of the dreams, was a pressence of people that at the time reminded me of SWAT team officers.

Taking all of the above and putting it together, I've always struggled with the notion that (IF these dreams represented real experiences) these "abductions" were carried out by (or atleast soley by) "aliens."

I've noticed similar inconsistencies in abduction literature as well. It just makes one wonder is all I'm saying.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's not just an American thing. I think that since Roswell the States has created a popular culture conducive to the discovery of Alien prescence, abduction, etc. So it is happening everywhere but the States seems to be more in tune to it.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I have found French peoples UFO encounters to be the most frightening in their description.

Maybe this means that americans arent the only ones that dont like the french!!

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The French have been allies with the U.S. for a long time.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The French have been allies with the U.S. for a long time.

Yeah, isnt it funny the way things work?

Although they have been allies, i dont think Americans and French have really ever gotten along on a personal level.

(for the record, i dont consider myself american.)

top topics

join