It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] My Precious!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This morning, after days of waiting a big brown truck stopped at my home and delivered to me

MY RING!!

Ending a wait since 11:23 PM MST on Thursday last when with a shaky hand I entered the MacroNYC address and was told I had claimed the third ring.

I had almost given up on the whole rings thing after finding the �Killer� thread two days before Smirk claimed that ring and being unable to figure out what to put into deep (I apologize for the �sour grapes� posts I made back then by the way). Like many of you I assumed the rest of the rings were in physical locations and not online, so I went back to my primary mission on ATS which is to annoy folks like Rant. Then on a whim I decided to see how things were going and found out about Cromeline and the rings being on line again and decided to try again.

I want to stop at this point and profoundly thank those of you that made it possible. Every time I would solve a clue and go back to post it I swear AP4 was two steps ahead of me. In fact, I dedicate my ring to you AP4 and the excellent work you did. When I got home from work on that faithful Thursday you guys, AP4, Purdue, JC, Master Smirkley, and everyone else had solved the whole thing! So I took those clues and started surfing. By the way, what do you guys think that guy with the �Canal Street� website thought of all the unusual traffic that night? We took that site down! Anyway, aside from some interesting information about the uses the fairer sex has for �Chinese Balls� I found nothing. Until about 11:00 that is when I decided that maybe what we were looking for was a photographic method for wide angle close ups called macrophotography. I Googled Macro New York City and everything fell into place. So as I type this post, my ring (and it�s word) safely on my right ring finger, I again thank you all.

I may not be the best at the cypher clues, but seem pretty good when the search turns to logic puzzles, and promise to post my thoughts on the remaning two (one?) rings for all to see.

Again congrats to Smirkley, we have much to talk about.

Cheers to AP4!

And apologies to Zodd for the current problems with the second ring.

[edit on 6/29/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If I don't find a ring myself, I'll find gratification in knowing I helped someone else find one.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Congrats Seth well done to you!

Hey AP4 maybe there should be a award for the most helpfull

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great Job! You must have been freakin'!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Congrats Seth well done to you!

Hey AP4 maybe there should be a award for the most helpfull

A secret 5th ring, mwahahaha.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
WOW, and a serious congrats is in order. I have been patiently
wondering who was the next ring bearer. And I do understand the part about the shaky hand.

Sour grapes makes for fine wine when properly aged.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Congratulations Seth! And thanks for telling us how you found your ring. I love hearing about the "eureka" moment.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Congratulations Seth, don't worry about me, im just happy that someone that found the ring actually got it. your hard work has paid off my friend, well i guess thats Ka for ya

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thanks again AP4, and thank you guys for your support TRD, Tjack, Dashcat and Zod, and of course Master Smirkley. It was a wild time. I was unable to sleep at all Thursday night and Friday at work went on forever.

Edit: Sorry tjack, tried to get everyone!

[edit on 6/29/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Congratulations!

Can you do a quick digital shot of your ring on its new "digital" home and send it to ATS or FTR using the new mobile post feature? That would be cool!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
It was a wild time. I was unable to sleep at all Thursday night and Friday at work went on forever.

I can believe that.

Just wondering, how far off was I with my post showing the www.MacroNYC.com link?

[edit on 29-6-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks MA, I don't have a picture phone but will post a digital shot soon on this thread.

Smirk, your post was right on the money obviously. If youare asking when I found i inrelation to your post it was exactly 16 hours and six minutes before you posted. Like they say, great minds think alike!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I had a feeling either you or puirduenuc got the second ring.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
***looking up at all the cool banners***

I myself was suspecting everyone, after it was found out that it had been claimed.

But Seth came out of nowhere... to snag his bragging rights.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Congrats!!!! Great Job..

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks Machinegun and JC. Still wearing it proudly!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
By the way here is the pic I promised:

Good luck with 2 and 4!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
yes Seth...we get the point..

just dont get it rusty or it will disintergrate

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Congratulations!

Can you do a quick digital shot of your ring on its new "digital" home and send it to ATS or FTR using the new mobile post feature? That would be cool!

Did Smirkley ever find a digital camera to send a picture of his ring?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Great job, man! That ring looks gooooood! We will all benefit from the englightenment which you now bear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join