It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Adventurers - Promising help, never delivers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok, as I've stated before I believe most of these shows are for entertainment purposes only. They've got a time slot and they're expected to pull in ratings leaving them open to cheat a little when it comes with haunting evidence.

With that being said, what if they're not *cheating* and they're actually showing us honest evidence? Often, when they go on their lock downs they bring a promise of help. Zak often says during his investigations, "Do you need help?" or "We're here to help you" and often get's a response. Yet, he never as far as I know, delivers on said help.

The other day, I was watching an episode of Ghost Adventures when they're at Vulture Mine in Arizona. They're in the bordello when they ask if anyone is still there and if they need help. They capture on digital recorders a woman seemingly saying, "Yes". They leave leaving one of their "X" camera's in place, where they capture the sound of a woman crying.

This just got to me and left me wondering, could this be because they offered to help her trapped soul but then just moved on? Leaving her stuck in limbo with a hope of being helped by the only ones able to hear her gone?

Now again, all the above could just be G-A pulling our legs for the sake of ratings, but I'm still concerned. Personally I like Zak and the crew, they look like fun guys to hang out with. But the offering of help and never delivering has to have some bad side effects on the people still 'trapped'.

What do you all think?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading your thought on the lost souls in haunted locations. I'm sure the crew doesn't help becasue of the "Ghost Hunter" creed. If you go around helping all the ghosts, there would be no ghosts therefore no haunted locations.Leaving nothing to make a show about.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If a ghost doesn't realize it's dead, it is beyond help.

I assume some people are mentally weak in death as they are in life, and that is sad.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone's comments.

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

I assume some people are mentally weak in death as they are in life, and that is sad.

Then it stands to reason, that like in life, you can help them (who passed on) as well. The way that I've come to see it, is that they're just like you and I. If they know they're dead or not, it doesn't matter. It might be a bit harder, but like all aware beings, the dead can be reasoned with. (Unless of course it's residual.) If you were trapped in a well, you'd want someone to help you wouldn't you? Well, their well is their inability to continue on their journey to where ever it is we go or to leave the place of their death. I'm certain, through the act of just caring enough, that you can help them.

Back to G-A, would it be too difficult for them to contact a priest to bless the area and to allow the trapped spirits to leave? Or a psychic?

I wouldn't be able to leave them in need, one of the reasons I quit investigating and closed down my forum.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ok, I've never actually seen the program, but I agree with you, One really shouldn't offer help, to those that have nobody else to turn to, if it is not your intention to help.

It's like treating the spirits worse than some people treat animals. Spirits get stuck for various different reasons, sometimes they really are just lost and can't find their way. If it were me, I was lost, and someone offered to help and then just turn around and walk away, it would devastate me. Even maybe make me desperate. Desperate people do desperate things, why not ghosts as well?

He should just stop offering the help, and not hand out false hope.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Thanks for everyone's comments.

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

Then it stands to reason, that like in life, you can help them (who passed on) as well. The way that I've come to see it, is that they're just like you and I. If they know they're dead or not, it doesn't matter. It might be a bit harder, but like all aware beings, the dead can be reasoned with. (Unless of course it's residual.) If you were trapped in a well, you'd want someone to help you wouldn't you? Well, their well is their inability to continue on their journey to where ever it is we go or to leave the place of their death. I'm certain, through the act of just caring enough, that you can help them.

Back to G-A, would it be too difficult for them to contact a priest to bless the area and to allow the trapped spirits to leave? Or a psychic?

I wouldn't be able to leave them in need, one of the reasons I quit investigating and closed down my forum.

I agree that if a spirit is trapped they need to provide some sort of assistance , I've been watching all these shows and when you hear a distressed voice scream or ask for help it makes me feel bad and ponder on just what the hell is going on "over there".

I've been saying this for years, it won't be a walk in the park when you die, it may be scary, like a nightmare that never ends and you can't wake from.

They don't say RIP for nothing

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Out of all the shows like this 'ghost adventurers' is the one I like to watch.Most people thinks it cheesy,but I think they are the most genuine especially the cameraman Aaron, I think he's a hoot they way he screams is funny.
They only show altogether out of an hour show is really a half hour of ghost hunting so when they call the ghost out and promise to help either it's just to get them to answer,or they do try and help them and don't show it on television.Anyway that's my take on it ,whether its real or not it's highly entertaining.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I agree, ...

In most cases there is nothing that can be done.

If someone in strange clothes walked up to you right now and told you that you were actually dead, and all of this is an illusion ....... could you accept that ?

regardless of how miserable ones life has become, .. sometimes it is all they know. like and old friend they cannot let go of.

yet worry not, no one inhabits that state forever, .... everyone comes around, .... sooner, ........... or later.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Interesting replies guys 'n gals.

I view ghosts as human beings and I try to treat them as so. Granted, after you die you change a bit but the good in humanity is universal. If a spirit feels you're trying to help, he or she will sense that. As Fenix777 said, "[if] someone offered to help and then just turn around and walk away, it would devastate me." I'm a firm believer in "Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated". Same goes for spirits. You lead a spirit on and don't deliver, it could not only hurt the spirit but might even cause the haunting to escalate.

Zak and the G-A crew might very well be trying to help those spirits out after the cameras turn off. I don't know.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ghost Adventures is about ghosts, and haunted locations?

Really? I thought it was about the latest slicked up hair do, and showing scratches on a buffed up body.

Entertaining none the least, especially when there is nothing else on. Without paying attention, the first time I watched it, I thought it was on Comedy Central.

If they ever find evidence of a ghost, besides scratchy EVP recordings, I'll eat my hat. They won't ever deliver, because there is nothing to deliver.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

May I ask what religion you believe in, or even if it is atheism? I just want to understand why you don't believe that there is nothing to deliver. That would be easier to understand if I understood what you believe.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've noticed these behaviors also, and I think it's just exploitive and rude.

I think the little technique of "provoking" is exploitive and rude.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Very interesting thought's there, it may very well be the scenario that the Mod had brought up. "Vanquish/Help all the spirits/Ghosts, you may end up working yourself out of a job..LOL, that even sounds funny typing it!!
Good point though, something to truly consider the next time I watch GAC.
Watched the episode last night at the site of "La Palazzaza" was very good, very active but extremely limited, as GAC has not had an experience such as the "Gold-rush" hotel, when they made their debut show at the beginning.

ghostadventures.info...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Just because we never see it; doesn't mean they don't do it.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

To be honest i think truely helping them would be beyond their experience and to show it as part of the show they'd have to get psychics or see'rs in and spiritualists stuff like that. Its probably a budget thing i think. I agree they should'nt make these promises and then just leave. You should treat spirits with the same respect you treat people who are alive if not more. Its just one more reason i think ghost shows are BS. Although i still watch them for entertainment.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

This isn't the thread for it, so take it somewhere else.

Like I said in the very beginning of the thread, they may very well just be pulling our legs.

reply to post by A55A551N

Please see one of my above posts when I said, "They very well may be helping the spirits, I don't know." But it's not mentioned anywhere that they are or not, just the fact that I have never seen or heard about them delivering the promised help.

reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I think people are misunderstanding what I'm trying to say, even though I pretty much said exactly what I thought they should do. I don't think the G-A team are fit to help anyone on the other side. "Ghost hunters" are exactly that, they look for evidence.

I'm just saying, when you get a crystal clear EVP of someone responding to your promises of help and later on crying, is it so hard to call in someone like a medium to try to ease whoever is left behind over to where they're supposed to be?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think they are helping these spirits in ways they don't realize....

When people watch this show and see these things, some viewers pray for these spirits to be helped and I definitely know that prayer about anyone or anything is heard..

So, for those who believe in prayer, and see these shows, the exposure alone and subsequent viewers praying for these trapped souls can definitely help

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think its hard to know what you are actually 'helping' if you really think about it. I've had some paranormal experiences and sometimes what you think is nice and sweet is actually something more melevolent. How exactly do you help anyway? Is there some known way to bring spirits to the light? Is there even a light they go to? I think the goal of 'Ghost Adentures' is just to prove spirits (good and bad) exist!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Well I think it's more or less not a ghost hunters job to directly help whoever it is that's trapped, and instead send in someone who specializes in that field. (Priests, psychics/mediums etc.) I think the biggest boundary a trapped spirit faces is itself. That's why I think it'd help if someone sent in a medium who could try to 'reason' with the spirit. To try to make it understand that it's no longer living and needs to pass on to the next level.

I personally believe that when we pass away, our spirit knows instinctively where it needs to go. And that's why I feel that most of the time, why someone is still trapped on this plane is because of their own issues.

As for the spirits being something more dark and sinister, I don't doubt it. Many spirits aren't what or who they claim to be. But we really don't know and all we can do is try.

reply to post by alienreality

That's a nice thought AlienReality.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I agree with you, you never know what you come across, and spirits aren't always who they pretend to be. But I have a scenario for you, if you please. Just to demonstrate, you need to be mindful of who you call in to help.

My hubby used to be a sorta spiritualist, they didn't do any seances and stuff, what they did, was rescue work, exactly in the line that we're talking here. Ok, bear with me here, this happened before I met him, so I might be a little hazy on the details.

There was a pregnant woman, and her brother, living in a house, not far from where we live now. There was an accident, I think it was a car accident, and the woman's brother died, while the woman slipped into a coma. Unfortunately I can't find a link on the case, as it happened quite a while before internet. But it's a documented case here in SA at the provincial hospital in my city. I'm not sure what happened to the baby, but the woman was in a coma for I think it was somewhere around 20 years, before the woman finally died.

Her spirit goes home, to where she was happiest I guess, and finds a baby, and another family living in her home. The family would start the day off with the baby's bags already packed and changed etc, very creepy for a new mom. Ok, so they called my hubby and the "rescue" team, for want of a better word. Turns out, this spirit was completely harmless, she only knew, she was pregnant, now her baby is gone, there are other people living in her house, she just wants to help out with the baby. Well obviously new mommy doesn't like this option. The team decided they're not ready to do a rescue, for some or other reason, I can't remember why. And they would be back in a couple of days. In the mean time, the woman, who's hubby was away on business, must just take it easy, or maybe go away for a couple of days.

She decided not to go away. The one day, she decided she's going to paint the covers for the light switches, she takes them all off, comes back and find them all back in place. So she takes them all off again, only to find them back in place. So she called my hubby and the team again. They came out, and find out, that the brother of the woman that was in a coma, who used to actually be an electrician, was there as well. Possibly to come and fetch his sister to take her into the light. So they do the rescue, only, the woman that was in a coma, doesn't want to go. She doesn't see the harm in her staying and helping out with the baby. Creepy for mom, very sad for the woman.

So the next day, the mommy, decides to call the a church to come in to help. Bad move. Nothing against the church, it's just that, they don't make space for spirits, it's either demonic, or it's not there. So the pastor comes over that night, ... with his pregnant wife, and starts damning these spirits to hell. Well they, understandably, reacted violently, and it didn't work anyway. But the pregnant pastor's wife got thrown against a wall. So hubby and the team get called in to calm matters down again. Hubby said that all they had to do is talk to the female spirit, they just explained that her hanging around is not right, and her baby is not there, unfortunately, and this baby belongs to this mommy, who wants to take care of her baby herself. The spirit moved on into the light with her brother.

Ok, with this story, the point I wanted to make, is that people just need to make sure that whatever it is, is malevolent, before they call in the aggressive guns that just want to damn everything to hell. It's not our place to judge anybody or spirit for that matter, that's God's job for a reason. It's not our place to damn a common spirit that is stuck here for maybe a terribly sad reason, to hell.

Now I know, how are we supposed to know that it really is benevolent? You don't really, you can only trust your gut. I think little things would also give it away maybe? I don't know, like a seemingly harmless spirit, doing something that could endanger a life, like way out there example, make the chandelier come loose to fall on somebody's head. Or like telling a child they'll be friends forever and leading them out onto the roof? Just stupid examples, but you get what I'm saying?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join