It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, what is the current purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What does ATS mean to you? What should it be used for? What do you think it currently is used for? What do you think most of the people on ATS use it for?

I ask these questions because I came to ATS only a few weeks ago. I came to ATS to hear interesting ideas, thoughts or news I might not see other places. However I have found most of the post's on ATS to be BS. From the way they are written the post are from adolencents (boys mostly I think) that are either looking for attention, looking for a forum to lash out, or just screwing around.

This is not to say ALL of ATS is this, but I'm finding more of the majority. I see this also because when I've questioned certain posts, I don't even get a response.

My expectations of ATS was there would be some "off the wall" people, however some interesting things also. So far I've been disapointed.

Should I have expected more or less? What are your expectations? What do you think of the current posts?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I dont have expectations here.

You should check out our short story section, that is always a good read.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, ATS is a place that will sharpen your common sense. I agree that most of the threads here are 99% BS, but that 1% is why I am here. Some of the things people say here just defy common sense and reasoning, but this is a place for those people to at least have a voice to be heard. While I might not agree with the sensationalism that goes on here, I understand fully that they have a right to be heard.

ATS is a place full of polished turds, with a few gems scattered here and there! Go and find those gems!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thanks for letting me know your expectations, however I'm not interested in reading short stories/poems on ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What does ATS mean to you?

ATS is many things to me. Most of all, it's a place I can go, where I can find many like-minded people who are knowledgeable on many subjects, and have a good discussion on topics I can't talk about with many of my RL friends or acquaintances. It's also a tremendous resource for the topics of discussion here.

What should it be used for? What do you think it currently is used for?

ATS is a resource, and as such, should be used by the member to fulfill whatever need he or she needs it for. I think it is currently used in many different ways, but many different members...depending on which forum/s they frequent. For socializing, there's the Off Topic boards...or for serious CT talk, there's the traditional boards, etc.

What do you think most of the people on ATS use it for?

I think most people use it for the same reasons I do (mentioned in question one)...and also as a source of alternative news. We all know that MSM isn't giving us the full story, so we have to look elsewhere to examine the other pieces of the daily puzzles.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you for your response.

join