It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enforced Arrogance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not liberal or conservative beacause i see flaws in both designs but i think that michael moore presents some good facts

I think that the whole situation about the bin laden family leaving right after 9/11 (as mentioned first in'stupid white men' in case any one reads anymore) is not as big of adeal as it is made to be. but there are certain concerns that moore has raised, the best being the 'enforced arrogance ' remark that he made to the daily mail (i think that was the paper)

he is absolutely right that americans only see america, but it goes for other countries.

for instance, after clinton's book came out there were interviews here and one panel person said that the most influential thing he did in office was visit a british conservative, no i as a trans-planted canadian have no idea to whom this person refers. this proves that at this point in time in the world everyone will try and associate them selves with the US

anywho, back to topic the US feel that they are the only country that matters, they focus all their attention on the 5 marines that die a day and no attetion on the 20 or so iraqis that die a day, they focus on the beheading but don't focus on the path of destruction left by the americans.

it's true that america's media is to blame they propogate the civilians to have nationalism and anger against people who probably could have lived finely with out being occupied, it was better in the long run for no war it was a stupid idea to many lives were lost in the process.

The thing people don't nderstand is that the middle-east has lived in this 'power-shifting' sort of way things will move on and change and that continues along this path. before WWII, Persian now known as Iran had very few border disputes now they are constant. medling by western countries does not help these nomadic countries. there should not be borders in these countries that is not how they live. it's like telling a buddhist monk to live by a stringent and strict calendar it should not be done.

sorry i had a lot of anger to get off my chest towards americans. i'm half american on paper but feel 100% canadian in life.

-Graham

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith

anywho, back to topic the US feel that they are the only country that matters, they focus all their attention on the 5 marines that die a day and no attetion on the 20 or so iraqis that die a day, they focus on the beheading but don't focus on the path of destruction left by the americans.

sorry i had a lot of anger to get off my chest towards americans. i'm half american on paper but feel 100% canadian in life.

-Graham

As opposed to the 500,000 Iraqi children deaths that the UN sanctions caused on the Iraqis....as opposed to the deaths that France and Germany helped "directly" in the genocide of non-Muslim blacks in Sudan and Rwanda.......

Probably Moore himself is not even aware of that, as he was/is not aware that people in flight 93 on 9/11 wrestled for control of the plane and died trying, yet he called them cowards....

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Muaddib]

join