It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punks and jaywalking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's a game of chicken that you will never win if the car calls your bluff. I always pretend the driver doesn't see me and only cross when I can make it without someone slowing down. Even in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I don't expect that anyone is paying attention while driving. They're looking for cars (hopefully) or texting.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think they're competing to see if they can win a Darwin Award. I see this in my town too. But instead of just jay-walking, there are many streets where they walk down the middle. The problem is when they do it when there's no snow and there are perfectly fine sidewalks for them to use. (It's understandable in the winter though, since even though city can fine property owners for failing to clear sidewalks - it's never ever enforced. Snow drifts force people into the street in that case.)

As for parking lots, that's different than city streets. People should be able to walk through them and take their time. (Too many blind spots, people moving and carrying stuff from parked cars. It's not really necessary to nor all that safe to go faster than 10MPH.) Parking lots are there so people can get to buildings from their cars and the other way around, not as a stand-in for some closed racing circuit. When people drive way too fast there, I will eagerly sacrifice a shopping cart if somebody thinks that they're being clever acting like a *snippity-snip* speed racer where it's not appropriate. Get a clue and slow the *snip* down! It's not a highway!

*No mod censoring required here, I snip my own post. But imagination fills in nicely.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join