It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statism, The Greatest Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Pervasive confusion over the nature of government and freedom has opened the gates to perhaps the greatest, most widespread increase in political power in history. If we are to regain and safeguard our liberty, we must reject the tenets of modern political thinking. We must repudiate the moral presumptions and prerogatives that allow some people to vastly expand their power over other people.

Statism, The Greatest Threat

Here is an excellent article on the rise of government intrusion into the lives of its people. I think the author has hit the nail on the proverbial head numerous times in this work. How far are we willing to let our government grow before we say enough is enough? How many liberties are we willing to lose for the sake of our false sense of security? I do not know the line which is drawn in the sand by you, but for me, the line has been crossed long before I was even born. Now that I am aware, I will not allow it any longer.

Thoughts?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nice post

So many people have been waking up to knowledge and realisation like this GREATLY over the last few years that when enough do, the entire infrastructure of the government, money, corporations, anyone and anything that is designed to control people for profit of some sort will rightly crumble! After all, power only works if the majority of the population are willing to go along with it, and all the true intentions have been gradually surfacing for years now with people looking more at the big picture that effects everyone, rather than the little problems that only effect the individual pondering them. Waves of knowledge about all aspects of the entities which 'control' us needs to leak into the government's cattle - the general masses - as 'common sense', because the ball has been rolling for a while, but it won't gain acceleration until that happens!

I can't wait until people actually stop doing so much and just think

Peace ..v,

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The State necessarily acts with violence first in everything it does.

Since the State produces nothing of value that can be sold or traded, it necessarily must take something of value from others by force before it can give something of value to others.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My thought is that we have already accepted too much intrusion, too many rights are infringed upon, too many laws, too much exploitation.

What we have to decide is, do we want to live in a free, democratic system or not?

If we DO, we will have to tolerate a certain level of unpleasantness, not open violence, not alternate legal systems, but a certain amount of anger a certain level of risk and a certain type of burden are required to be accepted in order to have a reasonable freedom.

If we DON'T, then we are already on a good path, to legislate our behaviors, to become reliant on the state and wealthy corporations and to stop listening to people that we don't agree with. We can start burning books and going to reeducation classes now, because if we don't we be the nation that were born into, there is a system in place to change it all!

top topics

join