It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese man's shackles have grown into his skin, (nasty picture).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Didn't really know what forum this would belong in, so political issues seemed to fit the best in light that this man was held in an illegal Chinese jail which presumable is possible because of a corrupt system that could allow such things.

Any way link the picture tells the story, the poor 27 year old man was shackled so tightly for so long the restraints are literally part of his body.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thats just ignorant to leave someone shackled up that tight that the body begins to absorbe the metal. Humanity humanity hue manity when will we learn?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Zhang, 27, had been chained to a cowshed in Hunan, southern China, in 2005 after falling out with village officials over a loan to build his house. But his chains had been so agonisingly tight that Zhang's own flesh began to absorb them.

This is horrible, over a LOAN???

Rapists and murderers are treated better than that, this is disgusting!austriantimes.at... round_the_World/2010-11-11/28315/Chain_Man_needs_
edit on 12-11-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: Add link

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Zhang, 27, had been chained to a cowshed in Hunan, southern China, in 2005 after falling out with village officials over a loan to build his house. But his chains had been so agonisingly tight that Zhang's own flesh began to absorb them.

This is horrible, over a LOAN???

Rapists and murderers are treated better than that, this is disgusting!

edit on 12-11-2010 by WeBrooklyn because: Sorry for the double post

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Video creepy, message sad but true...
What a way to teach the kids huh?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If I were this guy, I think I'd be soooo tempted to go on an assassination spree when people weren't looking. It would be so fitting to be able to chain these bastards up the way he was chained up, over a damn loan. Jeebus! 5 years chained to a shed?! Possibility (probability) of amputation? No way would these guys be able to sleep in the long run..... no way.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

This is worse in my opinion www.washingtontimes.com... If you are spiritual or religious this can happen to you. I was just visiting another thread about China's human rights violations herewww.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
the world can be such a disgusting place. i'm constantly floored by the actions of human intelligence.
what creates such inhumane decision making? its so hard to think that we have the ability to make advanced processor chips AND do such things like chain someone to a shed with shackles so tight they embed into the body.

i just don't get it.

next planet please.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

What I find even more in-humane than the brutality openly displayed by China and other regimes are the people that look the other way but knowingly support these human rights violations with their money....cough....cough...walmart.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I say those [village people] should be shackled the same exact way he was.

Turn about is fair after all.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Uk and usa treat peopel just as bad, as in china, but you never hear of it.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So who here on ATS is going to be the first volunteer to give this guy a 1000 GBP for the surgery he needs?
Just thought I would ask.
edit on 12-11-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I can only speak for my country...but yes you hear of it. More importantly we have laws that then are used to prosecute this kind of cruelty. The reason you don't hear of organ harvesting of dissidents is because it doesn't happen in the West. Sure the U.S has it's own forms of state sanctioned torture, but I can organize or protest against it here. The way I protest the crimes where my voice will never be heard is to never spend money with them.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
True, it is such a sad place, this lush planet that we live on. People demene, murder, enslave the world over.

As an aside I mentioned yo my wife on Wednesday that ATS would be full of anti Chines propaganda threads before the week was out. Now I wish I had typed that premonition in a thread !

The world stinks. Our role is to be led to what we are supposed to see. This is going to be common viewing from now on, but dont forget, Our, your, my, own government is as bad. Not untill we grow new teticles will this inhumane and be-littling world change. Blame you, not those we allow to do what they do.

Respects

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Thats just ignorant to leave someone shackled up that tight that the body begins to absorbe the metal. Humanity humanity hue manity when will we learn?

Not to mention that there isn't a humane doctor out there who would do the surgery for free. No...he has to raise the money by hand out (pun intended). I gave up on humanity a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

My sentiments exactly. Some days I feel as though I am living in hell on earth especially after seeing this type of cruelty. But on occasion when I resist the need to empathize the world is diverse and breathtaking. I have chosen to not cooperate with any of the sins I see in the world.

What is so baffling to me is the apathy I see...."oh well there's nothing I can do about it". The vast majority of the world look the other way as to not have to give up there little disposable conveniences.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

thats is disgusting it amazes me that this kind of thing still happens....but then its china so....not suprised tbh

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

It almost looks like they pierced the flesh between the Radius & Ulna bones in the arm, this would mean he wouldn't be able to leave without breaking one of these bones. Shackles leave a much different wound, but I tell you I'd rather be shackled then this! This type of imprisonment was customary a long time ago when guards were too valuable to use to guard prisoners in the field. You see if he broke his bones to get out he wouldn't be able to fight or walk depending where they put the chains, customary when holding military prisoners of war.
Good post though, civilization doesn't always mean civil.
edit on 11/12/2010 by AnteBellum because: wrote too fast

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

This is a question you need to ask yourself.
Why, does he need to raise the monies for an operation?

Here is a listing of countries that practice Socialized Health Care.
Afghanistan*, Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iraq*, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Ukraine and the United Kingdom
YUP! China is right there, right after Chile and before Cuba.
Now according to: en.wikipedia.org...

At the end of 2008 the government published its reform plan clarifying government's responsibility by saying that it would play a dominant role in providing public health and basic medical service.
It declared "Both central and local governments should increase health funding. The percentage of government's input in total health expenditure should be increased gradually so that the financial burden of individuals can be reduced," The plan listed public health, rural areas, city community health services and basic medical insurance as four key areas for government investment. It also promised to tighten government control over medical fees in public hospitals and to set up a "basic medicine system" to quell public complaints of rising drug costs.

So, why wouldn't a hospital in the Peoples Republic of China, ( my wife country of birth and residency for 30 years ) treat this young man?
It's called Corruption and they don't care about you or your children to include a new born baby.
You don't have the cash, you don't get the service.
My sister son was 3 weeks old, fever of 103, diarrhea, could not keep even mothers milk in him, swollen belly and crying and crying.
At the emergency room in the hospital in Harbin China, they would not treat my nephew with out cash payment of 4000.00 yun.
My husband was back to visit us while we waited for our appointment with the American Consulate for our visa interviews, he went to the Peoples Bank of Harbin and exchange American dollars for yun to pay for the treatment, then and only when the doctors had their money in hand did they see and treat little GuaPing.

You want Socialized Health Care? Move to China, but bring you cash, they don't take C/C's or personnel checks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join