It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash JP Morgan by Buying Silver?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

I agree with him that we need to change the system. We need to support ideas such as public banking, which Ellen Brown is advocating.

But I disagree with him that this push is futile.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Mary Rose, there is another thread on this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have been watching both on and off.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Is Ellen Brown talking about state banking, like South Dakota? The state bank idea is an excellent one and easy to implement. We have a good model in South Dakota.

As far as Max's scheme, I am not sure how it will play out. I have been urging my kids to buy silver for years! I have been urging them more lately because it is going parabolic. Personally, I made my last large purchase back in July from converted stock funds so I am watching this one from the sidelines.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Thanks!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
Is Ellen Brown talking about state banking, like South Dakota? The state bank idea is an excellent one and easy to implement. We have a good model in South Dakota.

Yes. But she has written about North Dakota - not South Dakota. Her blog: The Public Banking Blog.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Just got this in the mail which I believe is relevant:

12/08/10 Laguna Beach, California – There’s a lot of rumor, buzz, innuendo, chitchat and scuttlebutt about the precious metals markets these days. Most of the chitchat is about J.P. Morgan and silver.

Rumor has it that J.P. Morgan has amassed a whopping short position in silver. The scuttlebutt, according to SFGate.com, is that “J.P. Morgan holds a giant short position in silver. Furthermore, some observers are accusing the bank of acting as an agent for the Federal Reserve in the market…I.e., a lower silver price helps maintain the relative appeal of the US dollar… “By selling massive amounts of paper silver in the futures market,” SFGate continues, “J.P. Morgan has been able to suppress the price of the precious metal. It is believed that these short positions are naked (i.e. they are not backed by any physical silver).”

SOURCE

This is something that can effect prices in the future. I believe every silver investor should keeps tabs on this one. There may be an ATS thread on this but saw only an OP. This could become a big deal.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
There is a few problems with this little plan here although a very cool and ingenious one :

1. We need absolute and total clarity and transparency that if this is done that the system itself can maintain in place and with over $10 Trillion of assests contained therein the value and marketabilitiy of each needs to be assured.

2. Insurance policies are needed in order to cover for any major loss to any major sector of the entire financial industry globally and nationally while letting those who are "Too big to fail" to be the subject of a Federal Takeover bid that becomes a hostile takeover.

3. Make sure that the value of silver would not be able to be greatly manipulated as common sense dictates that those with the control over the lien share of any commodity controls the commodity hands down and all aspects to it. This needs intensive scrutinization and oversight out the ying yang. (Like go from like say $40 an oz to $1,000 an oz in less then a year or two, you'll eventually get to $1,000 an oz but not that fast)

4. Make sure that you maintian deputizational and charter authourity to those in the US Congress for any transactions using it as a unit of currency for any service and/or good rendered.

5. Make darn sure that no entity who controls any large share of it currently can drop so much product in a short time it decrees your holdings to be useless and more worthless then scrap metal.

6. Figure out new uses and applications for the commodity so that it can be used to phase out certain unnatural and non biologically safe to the planet.

7. Keep prices incredibly low so that those with less then $1,000 a year to give to a retirement acct, 401k, Roth, Stock, Bond, Yield. By keeping costs low makes it more viable for advancements.

8. Since JP is one of the "Founding Fathers Of The Federal Reserve" we need absolute assurance and a protocol in play that can be activated upon in a second that would give the Federal Goverment the authourity to effective "Sieze The Federal Reserve" and would be crystal clear on locking down any avenues that can be used to commit an act of Financial Terrorism by either devaluing the dollar further, trying to dictate our foriegn policy, working in concert to crash and destroy the storck market as a whole and issuing any other type of monetary leverage currently at their disposal. The market will lose 1,000 points if they didn't like how a meeting went.

I could spend hours on this and come up with like 50 reasons but everything that can go wrong will go wrong and this must be continuously in our forepsyche.

JP itself is one of the 8 that co control the Federal Reserve.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I bought 1 ounce of silver last week

Purely to profit from once it goes to 1k an ounce

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

JP Morgan Admits To, Reduces Massive Silver Short Position, Proves Millions Of Conspiracy Theorists Correct

In the latest example that virtually every conspiracy theory is almost always inevitably proven to be fact, the Financial Times reports that JP Morgan, the firm targeted by thousands of "tin foil hat" wearing, conspiratorially-oriented "gold bugs", has cut back on its US silver futures. "JPMorgan has quietly reduced a large position in the US silver futures market which had been at the centre of a controversy about its impact on global prices for the precious metal."....

And in what can only be considered an unprecedented victory for all those who have over the past year agitated to putting JP Morgan out of business, most recently spearheded by the likes of Mike Krieger and Max Keiser, by forcing a massive short squeeze on its commodities trading desk, we learn that "the decision by JPMorgan was an attempt to deflect public criticism of the bank’s dealings in silver, a person familiar with the matter said.

Continued

Ted Butler was "tin-foiled" by a couple of narrow minded pundits last month for speculating that JPM was in the process of "quietly" trimming their short exposure. Now we know he was right, but obviously they're using a pair of dull hedge clippers, or Silver would be substantially higher here - (only a matter of time).

Today saw another unusually large amount of Silver withdrawn from Comex warehouse inventories. It's becoming apparent that the cumulative effect of all those 1oz purchases [on available supply], along with oodles of bad press is making JPM a tad uncomfortable. They'll never be allowed to shipwreck as an institution, but we can cause them an incredible amount of financial discomfort...and maybe profit a little from it to boot

edit on 13-12-2010 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
max is right IMHO
but i don't think there will be enough action to crash the big players

thing is it isn't that silver is going up
it is that they are crashing the paper currencies
then they will use the paper silver like silver
to fractionally buy up everything that is crash valued in crashed dollars
The chinese are buying silver like crazy the russians are buying up the gold like crazy
They will be buying up the cheep deals like mad when it happens

at least silver has uses.
it kills the too big to fail..i mean the undead
and viruses and germs

the same amount of silver will buy the same house as 40 years ago

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is kinda cute:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join