It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash JP Morgan by Buying Silver?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I really fail to see how this would help.

JP Morgan sells "paper" silver don't they?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Yes, that is precisely the point.

It is called a 'fractional' system. There only exists so much physical silver.

They are lying about how much physical silver there is. So if everybody buys physical silver, they will be forced to reveal the manipulation of supply.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
But if everybody buys some silver, won't that make the price sky rocket?

And what about the paper? Everyone that has paper will lose?

Why wouldn't it be better if everyone with paper took delivery?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Dr Ron Paul's HR 1207 Audit the Fed bill

(Too late to edit - I meant to ask):

Did HR 1207 pass in the House and fail in the Senate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

reply to post by nite owl

I worry about that, too. If the talk show sponsors the sale of gold and silver is there a conflict of interest.

That has to be considered.

With Alex Jones and Max Keiser, for me, looking at their overall role and how they have come across, being on the air for quite some time, I think their hearts are in the right place; they’re not just trying to sell us something.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
ya know, I got a feeling that the people who are buying silver today, are coming close to what they are claiming will tip the iceberg....
they are buying enough to make trouble for the jp morgans of the world.....
and the jp morgans just keep on going...and going...
and I got a feeling they will just keep on going, even if everyone in the nation buys 10 onces of silver in one day. heck, if needed, our fine gov't will just slip them another 500 billion or so of money they think they are going to collect from us, and they will keep on going, and going, and going...
might it be wise to have a little silver or gold stashed away to hedge against inflation....ya, I think so!!
non parishable food is just as good of an idea though...
are you going to crash the system by buying silver...
for some reason, I doubt it...
look at what has happened in the past few years....with the housing bust....
these banks are still going, and going................
it's just us that are poorer, and poorer.............

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
non parishable food is just as good of an idea though...

Bravo!

Excellent point. What we're all trying to do is survive.

Money is only good for what it provides for human needs. If you just provide for the human need, you're covered - regardless of what the powers that be do to us with the monetary system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having provided storable food for your family, though, I'm thinking what harm is there in going ahead and participating in a campaign like this if one can afford it? It might work like a charm.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yes, it would be likely that the silver price would go higher - but to the benefit of those who bought physical - and to the detriment of fraudulent JP Morgan.

There are different types of electronic metals, some of which are allocated, some of which aren't.

Demanding physical delivery is another effective way to expose the manipulation, hence the gold vigilantes:

Which brings you directly to the so-called 'Foundation X'.

Foundation X via Gold Rush 21

It wouldn't be too far fetched to suggest that this Foundation X is blackmailing some high-ups.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
There are different types of electronic metals, some of which are allocated, some of which aren't.

What is an allocated account?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Allocated account

Effectively like keeping gold in a safety deposit box, this is the most secure form of investment in physical gold. The gold is stored in a vault owned and managed by a recognised bullion dealer or depository. Specific bars (or coins, where appropriate), which are numbered and identified by hallmark, weight and fineness, are allocated to each particular investor, who pays the custodian for storage and insurance. The holder of gold in an allocated account has full ownership of the gold in the account, and the bullion dealer or depository that owns the vault where the gold is stored may not trade, lease or lend the bars except on the specific instructions of the account holder.

Unallocated account

Investors do not have specific bars allotted to them (unless they take delivery of their gold, which they can usually do within two working days). Traditionally, one advantage of unallocated accounts has been the lack of any storage and insurance charges, because the bank reserves the right to lease the gold out. Now that the gold lease rate is negative in real terms, some banks have begun to introduce charges even on unallocated accounts. Investors are exposed to the creditworthiness of the bank or dealer providing the service in the same way as they would be with any other kind of account. As a general rule, bullion banks do not deal in quantities under 1000 ounces - their customers are institutional investors, private banks acting on behalf of their clients, central banks and gold market participants wishing to buy or borrow large quantities of gold.

From here

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've been buying silver for about a year now, ever since I sold all my stock, except for employee stock options as my company is actually doing pretty well right now and I can't cash them in yet anyway.

I believe that silver has a long way to rise, especially when the second market crash comes (and the second big one since 2008 is well on its way folks).

I've also always thought that JP Morgan was more of an insider financial terrorist than many were led to believe. JP Morgan was one of the founding members of the Federal Reserve, and was also a large funder of Edison.

Many of Edison's inventions weren't his at all, they were simply other inventors ideas who worked for him (such as Nikola Tesla) which he ended up claiming as his own because these other inventors were using his laboratories, which were heavily funded by JP Morgan. Edison was the APPLE of his day, changing other people's ideas and making them his own, then using a massive marketing campaign to sell them to the people.

JP Morgan made sure that inventors who had fallings out with Edison (such as Tesla) were heavily discredited, and spent a fortune to ensure that their ideas (usually much better than Edisons, such as the Tesla coil providing free wireless electricity) were made a laughing stock. Edison was a huge supporter of DC current, which required a power station every few blocks (of course, who was going to build, finance, and control these many power stations), whereas Tesla had proposed AC current (requiring far fewer power stations and transmission over much larger distances) as well as his Tesla tower / coil. JP Morgan did EVERYTHING he could to destroy the idea of AC power, and was successful in destroying the idea of free electricity for everyone through a Tesla coil.

JP Morgan has not had the public interest at heart for over 100 years. Why would they start now?

Time to bring this monster down.
edit on 14-11-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Keeping gold in a safety deposit box is definitely NOT a good idea. The bankers STILL have control of your money if you do this. They can deny you access to your gold simply by denying access to the safety deposit box.

Keeping gold in a very secure safe at your home is a much better idea, and don't tell your friends and neighbors about it, this is usually why people get targeted in robberies, people blab about what they have and someone thinks "we need to arrange to have that removed".

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Silver curmudgeon Jason Hommel parsed a few numbers over the weekend.

In his own inimitable style, as always....

To the Top Shareholders of JP Morgan

(Your company is bankrupt in terms of silver!)

by Jason Hommel, November 13th, 2010

The world's annual silver production is estimated at between about 550 million ounces of silver to about 650 million ounces. At 600 million oz., at $25/oz., that's a tiny $15 billion market. The investment side of the silver market is even smaller, at only 100 million oz annually, which, at today's silver prices, is a much smaller $2.5 billion market.

Key problem: How can the world's leading banks, (probably mostly JP Morgan) sell $100 billion worth of silver in 6 months, which is 6.66 times the entire world's annual production of only $15 billion worth of silver, and about 50 times the actual physical silver investment market, and it not be fraudulent silver, not real silver, which creates this problem?

But the problem is much bigger than how it might appear from just that. See, in 1980, silver prices hit $50/oz. That was when M3, the money supply in the US, was a tiny $1.8 trillion. Today, it's $18 trillion, and growing at a rate of about $2 trillion per year, which is the what the US government must print to pay their bills. So, the inflation-adjusted price of silver could be ten times higher, or up to $500/oz., if only 1% of the population of the USA began to buy silver.

See, 1% of $18 trillion is $180 billion. How can $180 billion pour into the real and actual physical tiny silver market of $15 billion (or the tinier silver investment market of $2.5 billion) without driving the silver price to $500/oz.? - More

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Why wouldn't it be better if everyone with paper took delivery?

Perhaps so, and perhaps they will be more likely to attempt delivery once they hear of silver shortages once everyone tries to buy an ounce.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Max Keiser has discussed this with Stacy Herbert and Alex Jones on his Russia Today program posted November 18. Here is the description that goes with the YouTube video:

RussiaToday | November 18, 2010

96th Episode is a special 'Crash JP Morgan' edition of the Keiser Report. This time Max Keiser and co-host, Stacy Herbert, look at the call from Eric Cantona to withdraw money from the banks and at the viral 'Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver' campaign by Max Keiser. In the second half of the show Max talks to Alex Jones about Google bombs, naked body scanners and 'Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver'.

Alex said he would talk to Max off-line about organizing this and probably have Max on his show next week.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In this YouTube video of Keiser's Russia Today show, Max and Stacy talk about support showing up on YouTube for Max's campaign.

(Alex Jones' support has turned out to be lukewarm, I think, because I heard him refer to it as important, but some other issue Alex was showcasing he referred to as really important.)

(As an aside, I think it's too bad that Max refers to 9/11 in a comment on this video - saying that it happened because of the absence of a lock on the cockpit.

And Stacy makes an error when she says "squash" a lawsuit - should be "quash.")

Anyway, I think I'm going to go ahead and buy an ounce of silver to support this campaign. Just finished reading up about how to go about it on midasresources.com.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I'm puzzled by the lack of recent posts on this thread, in view of the fact that Max's campaign seems to be gaining attention on YouTube.

Is there another thread?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Not that I know of...

But youtube is perhaps a larger audience than ATS.

Max's latest show(100th) had a pretty good YT clip featured.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
CrashJPM.com

You are right though, there are a lot of youtube videos by regular folks stepping into this movement...

A lot more than I thought from the last time I was snoopin' round YT...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
But youtube is perhaps a larger audience than ATS.

I guess I've been assuming wrong that members of ATS have an interest in using their hard-earned knowledge researching conspiracies to make a difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well I did come across this bit from G. Edward Griffin:

Kinda disheartening... I like to look at the glass half-full, not half empty I guess...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join