It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherlock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is a thread to talk about the show Sherlock.
I am sure I am not the only Sherlock Holmes fan out there. This show is set in present day and is being true to the character created by Doyal. If you agree with that or you don't please feel free to post your opinions, as well as your thoughts on each of the episodes.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What day, time, station is this on? (you're going to say a BBC channel, aren't you?)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok
yes it is on a bbc channel I do not know which one. I heard on the raido that it will be airing before to long in the U.S., I don't know where else.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

There are some BBC shows that are pretty good. I've been lucky that most have been on BBC America... Torchwood, Being Human, Dr. Who, etc, and some others. Just such a gap in when we can see it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok
yes there is a gap in when we can see it. I have only managed to see the first three episodes, but I have liked them. I do hope we can see the rest.
Also thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Speaking as a Sherlock Holmes fan, this series is pretty good.

Providing you can ignore the politically correct undertones that come part and parcel of any BBC production nowadays.

Not a patch on Jeremy Bretts Sherlock (circa 1984), but I have to say it comes a pretty close runner up.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Sjilver Star
I agree with you about Jerremy Brets. I do think he is the best Holmes to date. I like the production that is being done with this series. I do hope they will keep the style and the tradition up.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What day, time, station is this on? (you're going to say a BBC channel, aren't you?)

In the States it is shown on PBS every Sunday night under the Masterpiece Mystery name.

There have been three shows so far: 'The Great Game' 'The Blind Banker' and 'A Study in Pink' ...

I haven't watched them yet but they are sitting on the dvr ready to go. I love the Jeremy Brett series and I am weary of this new concept, but I hear good things so I'll watch them soon.

edit on 12 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Schrodingers
I was weary of a contemporary Holmes also, but like I said earlier, the production in my opinion is really outstanding. They also do keep Holmes in the classic tradition of Holmes. Not saying I can't complain about anything but even though being the fan of the classic Holmes I am still liking these.

new topics

top topics

join