It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party candidate Joe Miller attempts to block "write in" votes over spelling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Again to the OP: If it were to be a given that your intentions were purely about a simple misspellings; why did you not bring up the attempts of the Democratic candidate's attempts to circumvent election law concerning campaign literature in the voting areas in Alaska?

OP, please do continue to tell the whole story. Lest you be considered a partizan hack.

edit on 13-11-2010 by nocents because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
Again to the OP: If it were to be a given that your intentions were purely about a simple misspellings; why did you not bring up the attempts of the Democratic candidate's attempts

Because I was not part of ATS 5 years ago, I was not aware of the illinois elections 5 years ago and I do not see a comparison between verifying the existence of people signing a petition and dismiss a vote for a minor spelling error.

I see this kind of argument on this thread, that because you felt another politician did it years ago, this some how dismisses what Miller did. I don't know where one gets that kind of mentality but it may explain why we have corrupted politicians, because voters are willful participants in their games.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

why did you not bring up the attempts of the Democratic candidate's attempts to circumvent election law concerning campaign literature in the voting areas in Alaska?

What's the story on this? Sounds like Alaska has had this issue before? Please share. Maybe we're onto something about Alaskan elections?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sorry OP, you are using the standard tatic of attempting to demonize and ridicule the opposing position.

Federal election law HAS ALWAYES stated the spelling must be precise. Otherwise discrepancies are left to interpretation. There is no room in an election for any voter to have their intent questioned let alone interpreted by another .

By the way "Tea Party Joe Miller" & "Republican Joe Miller" was the first clue to your ill-intent. At least that was my interpretation.

BS!

The TEA PARTY and REPUBLICANS are angry with the abuse and ineptitude of government allegedly...

So why on Earth are the same conservative "parties" using a creation of government i.e.; FEDERAL election law to disenfranchise other conservatives on a technicality???

It is this sort of malarky that exemplifies the idiocy of government - death by technicality, lawyerisms and the like.

You couldn't pull this shiz in a village of a couple hundred because mother fookers would kill over such a shady and dishonorable maneuver.

Lastly it seems to be the antithesis of TEA PARTY rhetoric, LONG live FEDERAL election laws, Legal Technicalities and Abuse via both!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join