It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, brightminds are welcome to follow me along my speculations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Before introducing my first speculation for this website, I'd like to state that I only dive into topics that 'feel' important.

I look forward to contributing to the boards. THE REST OF THIS POST IS AN OPTIONAL READ, and I plan to create a revised version as a new thread once I gain posting privileges.

This speculation has built up since early October 2010 when I decided to gradually ponder the current events. America is not a very old nation. We left Europe to fend for ourselves. The picture of our prosperity that was drawn by my early education has only taught me about America. Today as an adult, I realize that The world does not revolve around America. I believe that Obama and friends will figure this out at the G20.

At any rate, America is the contending silverback gorilla, we are a world power and we are incredibly young. We have talked out talk since the very beginning, banking on a dream and hoping it would pay off. We stopped working hard for our freedom, we became lazy, and now we’re going to pay for it one way or another.

Enter - China, the nation that I consider wise beyond measures. China, from a global perspective, is the most reasonable nation with power. They mind themselves, protect themselves, play by rules, and act when action is needed.

America, is proud, as a global market, they believe they cannot be touched. They have a powerful military, a once powerful economy, and an all powerful debt. It’s no wonder we’ve got it all… If I could create value out of thin air, I’d have every I could ever imagine.

That’s our problem - The banks have created value out of thin air, we have now accumulated so much debt upon ourselves that the value of our dollar is now, essentially, a lingering dream. Just like the founding father’s dream of freedom - our dream of value has completely diminished. Our morals of intertwined and now, our position is evident. We have too much currency and too little value, the only thing we have left is hope. (Looks like Obama was on to something.)

Maybe Obama wasn’t chanting HOPE and CHANGE as indicators of what he will represent for our country. But maybe, Obama realized that all we have left in a successful nation in hope, and our reality is about to change.

Enough about were we’ve been, it’s time to look at were we are headed and how to take action/ prepare.

The 600$ dollar feed can be perceived many different ways, but here I will focus on two.

America, the young world power, owes the elders some respect. America has been boasting for years, inflating itself, prospering at an alarming rate. The older nations know this, it is subconsciously engraved in the masses. As these nations become disgusted at the carelessness of our spending, they demand a sacrifice. It’s possible that the Elder nations have warned the US that they are not unbreakable. As an act of humbling, the elder nations may have demanded an economic sacrifice.

Or, you could look at it with an American point of view, and simply believe that $600,000,000,000 was put to good use, for your benefit, with you in mind. Our perspective of reality will always be skewed by our media and ego.

This November will be spectacular, and it is far from over.

- Here's a snippet from CNN that glances my idea of Elder nations, asking us to pay up
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Thanks!

A.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Going to bed, hope this gets some good reads and some replies, I'd rather be told that I'm wrong than be ignored.

Thank you all.

A.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Great thread, well written... hard to disagree with anything there.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Whats up,

From my perspective Nationalism can disappear forever. I wonder who was the first human to draw a line in the sand and cliam that behind this land was his "property" and told the other folks to stay the hell off or I'll bash your skull in.

Once Nationalism and such are overcome through embracing the mindset to adopt to a more natural understanding of how to exist we'll see better days. One world, no money, just dreams with raw and new renewable resources.

Maybe then we can spore off this rock and spread our life.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't stringently disagree with anything you said. I'd just like to offer the consideration that the great evil America is really just a label for people in a certain place during a certain time. More sparsely populated than Europe and with an incredible vastness of resources, America became the de facto destination for anyone looking for opportunity. Opportunity was to be had in America because of its newness, resources and the sense that European-styled civilization was just beginning and therefore the attitude was ripe for innovation and prosperity.

That prosperity occurred is not surprising. The gains of European civilization hotwired the construction of the American empire (along with the enslavement of millions of people) ... perhaps as one could argue that European civilization was built on the foundation of those that preceded it.

The point is that the ingredients for what America became were the product of global humanity. America is just the name of the territory where it happened. We all know American empire-building was driven by immigrants from all over the world. America's riches come from trade with foreigners (fair or not). America is just a product of the rest of the world.

The anger towards America and the vapidity of hating its achievement seems somewhat hollow in that America is just an achievement, for better or worse, of humanity. Anger towards the decisions of American government is a different story ... but really, what government hasn't had good, bad and typical leadership?

If what you are acknowledging is the decline of the peak of American hegemony, well, it's possible, but not necessarily a given as it seems to me that America's inevitable decline happens to coexist with inevitable globalization such that the decline of any first-tier power is decline for the rest of the world. Economic and political powerhouses have always and will always come and go. The pieces may move around on the board, but there are still pieces, there's still a board ... and there's still people moving things around. Anger, or even a sense of futility, directed toward the board or the piece occupying a certain square seems anti-productive. Satisfaction with the potential decline of America could be misguided in that it's unlikely that the players will change or, even if they did, that they would differ one iota from those which came before them. History has shown this to always be the case.

new topics

top topics

join