It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE to buy 25K Chevy Volts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

GE said Thursday it will buy 25,000 electric vehicles for its fleet through 2015 in the largest-ever purchase of electric cars.

GE will begin with an initial purchase of 12,000 vehicles from General Motor Co., starting with Chevy Volt in 2011. The conglomerate said it "will add other vehicles as manufacturers expand their electric vehicle profiles."

The first Chevrolet Volt is expected to roll off production lines later this month.

GM confirmed the announcement with CNNMoney.com.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

One government agency using bailout money to buy worthless vehicles from another government agency.

As stated in one of the comments on the link site:
Mike in Montana
The old Eco-Nut/Government shell game, and it goes back to the first Jimmy Carter.
Subsidize and pump up the scam.
Get your corporate backers to buy your worthless cars.
Funnel money into your worthless wind farms to make them look practical.
Cover up the failures of your solar companies with taxpayer "stimulus" dollars.
Subsidize "alternative fuels" that do nothing but jack up the price of corn to keep Democrat-run states above water.
Alter reports used for "justifying" drilling moratoriums to make it look like scientists back your ludicrous, job-killing position.

GE=Soros and Obama
GM=Soros and Obama

A car that stills uses gas with *gasp!* a whatever mile range!
I have one of those already.
So which do I want?
A Government Motors Edsel I can't get parts for, that uses cancer-causing components that will wind up in a landfill?
One that I have to take in to the frighteningly incompetent GM dealers to repeatedly fix?
Or a Toyota, Honda or Ford that won't fall apart on me?

This administration needs to be investigated and these little games need to be stopped.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Think war, think oil, think now.

A.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

So this means that GM has projected sales to be in the range of 25004 Volts sold ? You know 'cars that americans want' according to Pelosi.

The Volt gets 40 miles on a charge. Without using AC, lights or even the cd player.

Our tax dollars at work. Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents

The Volt gets 40 miles on a charge. Without using AC, lights or even the cd player.

Our tax dollars at work. Brilliant!

How many miles do you drive to work each day?

For most its perfect, and it has a gas engine if you want to go further.

Back on topic: If GE is buying them then I would say they have and inside scoop of what way the wind is blowing when it comes to fossil fuel.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Is this how TPTB are going to make sure the electric car never takes off? Buy and gobble them all up to prevent them from being sold?

What is the true purpose and intent of this sale? If someone here is a shareholder for both GM and GE bring this up at the next shareholder meeting and figure out what's good.

This has me baffled.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I think you may be correct with the fossil fuel theory however they will just help perpetuate the adverstisement of these electric vehicles..I'm not sure if they are making parts for them now but if they are not some free advertisement doesn't hurt a company dealing in electronics...seems to make good sense..I'm sure GE has some deals made with the government if they do make the purchase..

top topics

join