It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Christians attacked by al Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Governments, Catholic archbishop decry attacks on Iraqi Christians

A group called the Islamic State of Iraq claimed responsibility for the gruesome October 31 siege of the Sayidat al-Nejat cathedral that left 70 people dead and 75 wounded. The umbrella group includes a number of Sunni extremist organizations and has ties to al Qaeda in Iraq.

Get the Christian community fighting Muslims here,
Get the Islamic community fighting the Christians over there.

I don't understand religious murder..... it utterly baffles me
edit on 11-11-2010 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
they weren't to happy about remeberance day either.

Well that's wounderfull, really wounderfull.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Also, i bet those "ties to al Qaeda" are extremely loose...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but I don't think the crusades ever really ended lol. both sides will fight until their is nobody else left to kill.

I don't see why people just let people do their own thing. To each his own.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Damn, first the fake airplane bombing.

They said it was going to Jewish centers, 99% of people didn't give a #, and now suddenly they were going to explode over the east coast.

Too late, no one cares anymore, so now lets have al qaeda kill Christians, maybe that will get the American's riled up to go fight another of israel's wars for them since they are pansy girls who can't stick up for themselves without American assistance.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
People that do these things really belive in their mind, that they are carrying out God's will...

Zealots can be anyone of any faith, and they don't try to discover what God might really wish of them, because they already "know" that what they are doing is right..(in their own mind)

People have been twisting religion to suit themselves for eons and justifying it all and convincing themselves that God wants them to do this.. This is how people living life selfishly for themselves justify their horrendous actions.

Just throwing out my observation of it all...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Extremist Muslims seem to speak for all Muslims. Moderate peace loving Muslims aren't doing anything at all to remedy the situation. They must agree with what these extremists are doing. According to the Koran, Christians are people of The Book and must be protected. Peace loving, yeah right.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

I know a lot of Muslims. We have a lot of Muslims around the NE metro Atlanta area and these are people you would have watch your kids or have them come over for dinner etc. These people are afraid to speak out against the radicals because the radicals have no boundaries. It is their way or no way. Just an observation of mine nothing more.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Theres nothing wrong with Muslims as a people, as is there is nothing wrong with Christians..

It is the extremists that make everyone look bad, and the sad thing is, they think they are helping their cause, when they are harming it..

Someone brought up the Crusades and i agree 100%.. We are still living through it, instead of learning from it :/

top topics

join