It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: 17 Straight Days of Rain, Climate Change Report 4

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
In a continuing series of reports on unusual weather and possible climate change here at ATSNN, the following report and links will show a pattern, one I have suspected from the beginning. Parts of North Texas have seen almost 17 straight days of rain in what should be seen as extreme for even Texas which has been said to have predictably unpredictable weather. This extreme wet weather is in sharp contrast to the weather just miles to the west where several states are enduring extreme drought that has lasted for over 5 straight years. The fires are already raging in this region of the U.S.A. and there seems to be no relief in sight. Climate change can be seen through increasing extremes and this pattern is starting to get clearer with each passing day...

USAToday.com

FORT WORTH (AP) � Slow-moving storms dumped heavy rainfall on North Texas on Monday, forcing about 60 people out of their soggy apartments in Fort Worth and temporarily stranding others in flooded areas.

Residents of a Mansfield mobile home park were evacuated and people were stranded in parts of the Fort Worth Zoo for a time. A tributary of Trinity River, Zoo Creek, overflowed and flooded sections of the zoo's parking lot along with other areas of the facility...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Report from Today:

Flood closes Texas amusement park

Dallas, TX, Jun. 29 (UPI) -- High water closed the Six Flags over Texas amusement park in Arlington Tuesday as thunderstorms continued to pour rain on saturated North Texas.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Forcasters are calling for more rain for these areas of Texas which has not seen rain like this in over 60 years. and if it continues it will break even more records.

These unusual patterns of weather could be seen as a totally natural occurrence. However when taken with all of the available data world wide it can paint a picture of impending climate change. The emerging facts show that the polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate, the ocean levels are rising, and global weather extremes are increasing. Weather anomalies are shown to exist in almost every part of the world. The introduction of fresh water from melting polar ice caps are weakening the ocean currents which regulate global climate. The signs are there if anyone wants to explore them

This is not the stuff of fiction. and by many accounts part of a natural cycle that has happened regularly for millions of years. from glaciation to glaciation or ice age to ice age.

Between those ice ages are warmer times which we are in now, or perhaps at the end of. If that is the case all of the signs are there. the polar ice melts, fresh water introduction into the salty oceans slows the currents. The climate becomes unstable, weather extremes grow at a very rapid rate, and then massive global cooling occurs. It happens about every 11,500 years and we are just a bit over that now from the last. it is all a part of a natural cycle.

Remember just watch for the extremes in all forms of weather including wet, dry, hot, cold and most of all watch how weather systems seem to move slower and dump more precipitation, how the drought conditions continue to worsen in areas already seeing record drought conditions.

Please view the following links for the reports I have posted related to this topic.

Unusual weather, Rain for most of the U.S.A.

More Unusual Weather, Heavy Rain, Flooding, Power Out

Satellites Record Weakening North Atlantic Current

Interesting Report:

Antarctic ice station likely to float away

[edit on 30-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yep, I live in Alabama and as I write this post it is pouring rain outside my window. It has rained here everyday for atleast two weeks straight. The reason why I know this is that I have been unable to mow the lawn for that long.

Bottom line very strange.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yep...Oklahoma, and it's still raining and 70-80's here...crazy...BUT, not of unheard. In 1987 it rained here until the middle of July! BUT, that year we got 2-3 foot of snow in OKC...which is the only time in my life Oklahoma has gotten that much snow....

gonna be a booger of a winter!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I wonder what the weather was like the summer of 92 because I can't remember. However in 1993 we had a blizzard in March and received 3 feet of snow.

EDIT: In Alabama

[edit on 29-6-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Some here asked why I picked Texas when I posted about this weeks ago.. I would like to say it was based on more than a hunch or an idea. I have been doing some of my own research into weather and climate change for some time now. and as I see it Texas is a dividing line showing the extreme of wet.. while you look west of Texas and find extreme drought.. But weather in all extreme forms will continue to grow on a global scale if I am right.

Just look around this is starting to make the top news.. Fox news is reporting this record wet weather in Texas today.

The ultimate climate change could take many years. But between now and that time in the future the extremes will continue to grow.

Global warming? Yes

Caused my man's production of green-house gas? No.. As I see it this is a part of a natural Earth cycle but human production of polution or green-house gas could speed things up a bit.

Gazz

[edit on 29-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yep it is still raining in Fort Worth... I just happen to live a few blocks from the Fort Worth Zoo, it is really bad there, since there is a creek and it's downhill quite a bit. Traveling even by foot has been challenging in some places around here.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Yep it is still raining in Fort Worth... I just happen to live a few blocks from the Fort Worth Zoo, it is really bad there, since there is a creek and it's downhill quite a bit. Traveling even by foot has been challenging in some places around here.

Thank you Crysstaafur for the on scene report.

I was wondering how long have you lived in the area?

Have you ever seen it like this before?

Thanks again

Gazz

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was born in Texas unlike most people here and I see no extreme change.

Here in Houston we have had about the same amount of rain that we had in the whole of last year.

There have been three recent years out of the last 15 where the pattern of rain in June has been the same with about 18 inches, 1989, 2001, and 2004, each with about the same amount of rainfall in June.

In 1989 and 2001 there were less than 2.5 inches in the month of July so we may see that the rain this July will be much less as well based on this pattern. I highly doubt the rain even taken as a whole with the rest of the country is anything more than normal ups and downs in mother natures' big picture.

Now if it continues through til the first or second week in August then I would start to think something is up because that WOULD be unheard of.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Texas...

Houston doesn't count. The rest of the wide wide world of Texas is definitely NOT as moiste as Houston stays. I know...I've lived in two diverse locations in Texas that were NOT Houston...and in Taylor Lake Village...Houston is not indicative.

[edit on 6-29-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
TexasConspiracyNut, Thank you for the informative post.

You are in the gulf coast region of Texas.. The area of focus here is northern Texas.. and I should not have to tell you how huge the state of Texas is.

This pattern has existed there since just before June 5, and as of right now a 60 year record for rainfall in that area has been broken. forcasters are calling for more rain in the "northern parts of Texas" and like you said if it continues it will break even more records and will be very unusual indeed.

Gazz

[edit on 29-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have spent the last 34 years in Dallas, Texas and I GUARENTEE YOU we have NEVER seen rain like this EVER much less this time of year!

It has been raining, about to rain or just got through raining since April here!

This is unprecedented to be sure. The grass along the freeways is still GREEN and full grown! My blooming trees look like it's April!

I am contemplating moving to Seattle to get some sun
! (thanks DBates for the good quote
)

m...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Seattle might just be a dryer spot this year for sure. I saw the video of Six Flags today. It's bad alright.

I still say let's wait about three more weeks to see if it gets better. If it doesn't then I'll see you there or I may stay here and start selling flood insurance! These construction workers are really hurting. My brother in law runs a dozer and he's in bad shape.

BTW, I just snapped what I did. I said "I was born in Texas unlike most people here". I didn't mean the people here on the group but people living in the state. Sorry about that. I should have clairified that better.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i'm 20 years old, born and raised in Dallas/Ft Worth Texas, lived my whole life a couple miles from D/FW airport, and this is the worst i've EVER seen it, I mean, Texas weather is crazy, but this beats the hell out of anything i've ever seen before. I dont htink we've even had one day over 100 in the metroplex (Dallas, Ft Worth, and the surrounding areas, for those of you not from here); which by now we should have seen at least one or 2, even on a real cold year. Hell i think it was either late May or early June, we had a day that the high was 50!! unheard of! I'm starting to get a little worried

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've lived in Fort Worth for the last 22 years, same thing here. It's the end of June and we have barely hit 90 degrees this year, it's been cool enough to wear jackets the past couple of days! Been watching the forcasts and rain looks to be around for like at least another week.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I live in Oklahoma, but am in Kansas right now and I can say that the weather here is VERY nice. Clear skies with a mid 70s temp for the last couple of days. Of course, there seemed to be some more clouds today than yesterday, but I hope they'll be gone tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Been having thunderstorms and heavy showers for about 2 weeks here in Idaho.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ouch.....i can imagine the floods that you must be going through in those areas.....
Are there any reports on how deep the waters are in the worse flooded areas?

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Big D here

Man it sure has been wet seen plenty of flooding.

I will post pics if anything wacky happens.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I too live in Texas and this some weird stuff

For example there is patches of rain in my area.....

You can see where the rain is as you are driving down the roard you will go in under that little "patch of rain" for like 10 seconds then come out into the dry air.... where the road is untouched by water. Reminds me of those cartoons where the rain clouds hover over the guy and follow him, hehe

Today and previous days it was raining so hard i could not see where I was going while driving down the road...

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Thank you Crysstaafur for the on scene report.

I was wondering how long have you lived in the area?
Have you ever seen it like this before?
Thanks again
Gazz

I have lived in Fort Worth about 2 years and South Dallas for 7 years. I also lived in Southwest Oklahoma for well over 10 years prior. I have never seen it like this before in any of the places mentioned. There might have been a week of thunderstorms in oklahoma, but not 2 and a half weeks of non-stop rain! jeez. It seems to be very light right now, I hope it stays like this, not excrusiatingly 100F+ hot, but not raining cats and dogs either. I had hoped that some of this would go west to quench the drought in W. Texas and New Mexico.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Crysstaafur]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join