It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, You should offer the services of your consortium to the Chicoms - for a fee.

For a fee, we can tell them about certain places of interest on the moon and possibly save them alot of time and having us there will make things more secure as less people will know than if they had to find them themselves.

*Times are tough man..... let's sell out to the Chinese.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Because, the consensus has been (for some time now) that the original Clementine image was a fault in processing of some sort (don't know the technical details, but it involves the way the photos are collected, then transmitted for assembly in the computer imagining software, here on Earth).

Oh
You don't know the technical details, but yet you can claim a consensus was reached. I demand you put up proof of this 'consensus' and how those results were obtained. Considering ATS has millions of viewers I expect to see numbers that reflect a clear majority of posters. Failure to do that will just prove you are blowing so much hot air... and we would then expect a retraction.

AFAIK the issue has been resolved, and the "smudged" area cleared up, with proper interpretation of the data.

Translation: They have finally put a better photoshop expert on the job so you will now see nothing... took em 16 years

Unfortunately, it's hard to find articles on this fact, because the Internet feeding frenzy is so wild, searches keep popping up the "smudged" versions, with all the various "conspiracy theories" thrown in, as the most recent Web hits. We need a better way to search through the nonsense, I guess??

Well how about this?
1) "Unfortunately, it's hard to find articles on this fact"

BECAUSE those facts do not exist. Don't forget that skeptics say the rule on verifying data is that is should be easy to find. No matter what is on the web, if the info is there, it could be found

2) "searches keep popping up the "smudged" versions, with all the various "conspiracy theories" thrown in"

BECAUSE there is no way any 'consensus' was reached except in your mind and a handful of buddies. If it is still recent news all over the internet, I would say the consensus favors our side

3) "We need a better way to search through the nonsense, I guess??"

So your saying you don't have the ability to search and find facts that support your claim? Interesting

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Zorgon, You should offer the services of your consortium to the Chicoms - for a fee.
*Times are tough man..... let's sell out to the Chinese.

Yup already thought about that
They have all those spare Yankee dollar burning a hole in their pocket. After all Buzz Aldrin sold out to them... so if it's good enough for him, who are we to argue?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Maybe if we luck out, the Americans will get wind of what the Chinese are willing to pay and then you could get hired for more than that just to stay in the USA (as a 'consultant') and do nothing at all with the Chinese.

*I just hope the USA doesn't get mean on Pegasus for doing it, or trying to.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How can the blur effect be a "processing fault" of some sort when we have two photos of the same area at different angles which both show the blur effect?

I would imagine that this fact shows almost without a doubt that the photos were intentionally altered by NASA.

Here is the angle everyone has been seeing in this thread:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cafb5b16bebf.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the one at a different angle:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e92db7ab01b1.jpg[/atsimg]

Unless there is a reason I cannot think of, this is very critical evidence against NASA intentionally altering their photos.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well I can see a bottle lije object that indeed seems artificially made.
Hope the chinese will reveal the pictures they have taken as these nasa fotos are ductored.
But why all the excitement, surely you humans should not think that you are alone in the universe

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
*I just hope the USA doesn't get mean on Pegasus for doing it, or trying to.

Why would they?
Buzz Aldrin and Gravwave LLC are working with China on anti-gravity tech and Buzz has this video statement out

China Moon
revver.com...

Robert Bigelow launches from Russia to build his space station because NASA told him they wouldn't do it

Heck the US Government can't even be sure whether they launched a missile of LA or not....

So I think we're safe

It's a good thing I like Chinese food

edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Finally some constructive work here.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That is not a different image, it is the same image skewed. Notice that the shadows are identical.

Here is a composite of the original Clementine images (from member Armap)
files.abovetopsecret.com...

The image with the blurred area comes from an early version of the Clementine image browser which automatically stitched images "on demand". It had problems.

On second look, the "China" image may not be the same one. Never mind...I'll wait until the sources can be determined.

edit on 11/13/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by notafulldeck
Found 2 images of another angle of blurred pic in 2007 thread, how do I upload a jpg file from my computer (would link to thread but lost location). Thanks in advance.

Thanks for finding that

To upload images you go to 'tools' then select 'picture' from the tool menu bar..

then select 'upload' and browse your drive for the image. I have a folder at home for ATS images so I can load them faster

That thread... was that here at ATS? If so it should be easy to find. I would like to know the source.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by notafulldeck
Found alternative angle of same object. This image was in a thread back in 2007:

HEY sorry it took so long to reply I missed your post the first time through. You had to post three times

excellent addition. Need to add that to the Zeeman crater thread as well

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK. It is the same image, just different projections.
The "overhead" image is from the polar projection found here:
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

The "oblique" image was taken from the cylindrical projection which was used on the 1.5 browser.

The reference image at the top of the page is a simple cylindrical map projection of the entire moon
www.lpi.usra.edu...

The 2.0 browser also uses a cylindrical projection. The same view of the crater is apparent but the improved browser does not exhibit the same blur.
www.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Is it possible that the object has a camouflage net or something like that over it or deploys a light blurring devise.

My wife is Artist & PhotoShop expert, & could make that disappear . its like they are not try to hard really.

chrs

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The image with the blurred area comes from an early version of the Clementine image browser which automatically stitched images "on demand". It had problems.

If it "automatically stitched images "on demand" then why would it stitch the SAME blur on different demands?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Because it used the same algorithm on the same data.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

OK. It is the same image, just different projections.
The "overhead" image is from the polar projection found here:
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

The "oblique" image was taken from the cylindrical projection which was used on the 1.5 browser.

The reference image at the top of the page is a simple cylindrical map projection of the entire moon
www.lpi.usra.edu...

The 2.0 browser also uses a cylindrical projection. The same view of the crater is apparent but the improved browser does not exhibit the same blur.
www.nrl.navy.mil...

How does that prove it is the same image?

The links you provided only show that different projections is a possibility for some pictures but how do you know for sure that the picture in question is the same image with a different projection?

Is this only your best guess or does the nasa/navy/clementine website have both projections from the same image available for viewing?
edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
But one thing....

Since in the OP report the SECOND image presented was this one

...where is that crater in the scheme of things?

Laplace A from Chang'E 2
Three dimension image (DEM) of crater Laplace A. The image data was taken by Chang'E-2 lunar probe on Oct 28, 2010

First pictures from Chang'E 2 released
planetary.org...

Daniell crater from Chang'E 2 Crater Daniell is located in the southern half of Lacus Somniorum, at 31.6E, 35.18N. The diameter of the crater is 29 kilometers. This image was taken by Chang'E-2 on October 23, 2010 from the altitude of 100 kilometers above of the lunar surface. It is interesting that the crack in the floor of the crater is very similar to the ancient Chinese word, Moon.

planetary.org...

All things aside THAT is weird... Maybe Buzz was right

China owns the moon

edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

It isn't NASA, it's the Navy.

The shadows and lighting are the same. That indicates that it is the same image. The same as this image posted by ArMap.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It isn't NASA, it's the Navy.

Whoever, that is not the point and does not answer my question.

The shadows and lighting are the same. That indicates that it is the same image.

Translation: That is your best guess and not proof.

I have two points to make regarding this statement.
1) Multiple images could have been taken close to the same time which would account for the shadows & lighting but that brings me to point number two.
2) How don't see how you can tell from those two pictures at different angles that the shadows & lighting are the same. There is just not enough detail & information to determine that.
edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I examined all three of the images (and they are all composites, not single images). Though the one from the 1.5 browser is cropped and of low quality there are still several points that coincide.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join