It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I found this image of a statue of the mythological god Horus on the moon Iapetus. The structure or object on the moon could be that, Horus.

I didn't investigate at all on the Horus statue in Iapetus, so I don't know if it is fake.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hi Guys, I'm a Chinese and I made some investigations on this matter.
Conclusion: don't waste any time on this.

1. The original link is not an official news site at all. It is a forum like ATS. The web site will choose and put some interesting threads which were post by any member on its homepage ,making it looking like a news.Actually ,it is just a thead post by a member.

2. So it might be true, but it seems to me that most likely it is not true.

3. Translation issue: I'm not good at English at all but I'm 100 percent confident in my Chinese language.
Bird: In this context, it means nothing . It stands for fxxking or damn.
TMD: should read as " damn",or "#"
rice: slang,refering to USA.
So the 'news' is saying that a rumor is being spreaded out from the Chang'e project: China has found something shocking on the moon via the probe. It will make USA frightened or worried. Some Chinese leaders wanted to anounce it to the public, but others disagreed. Regarding the "object", nothing was described about it. The author only mentioned that it was discovered before by NASA as well.

edit on 13-11-2010 by cobain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thats not Horus painted on a cliff wall; look at it and remember to think 'depth of field'. That looks like some kind of liquid splattered from an eruption of some sort.

Anyhow, I got back a better read of that Chinese website from my friend in Hong Kong:

"the upper photo is taken by china which shows a clear picture of that pink circled blur part that is a giant hole with diameter of 9000m and 1700m deep. it says china discovered some mysterious substance from that hole which is the same as what NASA discovered. And the blurred photo is taken by the USA. It infers that the U.S hides the discovery of that giant hole."

However, she also added this:

"this website is not an offical website of any news reporting organization,,,so,,i dont know if the comments are true or not~~~~"

So don't jump on it, but what I imagine it could be (since I am one of those crazy believers that the Moon was placed where it is) is maybe an exhaust plume or something along those lines; possibly for ventilation. The liquid could be Freon or something of the like used for air conditioning...I don't know, whatever it is it isn't water, otherwise they would have said so.

I do like that the Chinese, even if this is fake, know that NASA is hiding things that have been discovered on the moon....wait! This just came to me...:

Does anyone remember that story about that gentleman who designed and helped build two of those giant subterranean drills for the military, but said that [aside from some of their parts having shipping manifesto's originating from 'off planet'] he never saw them used on earth and doesn't know of a single project globally that would require such a huge drill??? Maybe that hole is from one of them; where our Government has mined a hole (liquid would have been used for lubrication)....??? I'm just throwing plausable idea's out, so shoot 'em down as you see fit.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstronominousCowherd
Hi all, I am new here ....

I enhanced the animation from Freezer posted somewhere earlier on this thread, and I stopped it at the sharpened point, looks like this now:

stashpit.com...

Check the toothed cylindrical end on the right or whatever it is, this part is even visible on the original btw, they forgot to brush it over completely.

After properly straightening out the effects from the cylindrical projection it looks like this, the proportions should be close to the real thing this way, notice that the craters are naturally round now.

The actual horizontal de-enhancement factor the image was 3.5 so the whole complex is more like 45 km in width ...

There is a thread here about this:
lunaticoutpost.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AstronominousCowherd

What do you think you are seeing?

Because, the consensus has been (for some time now) that the original Clementine image was a fault in processing of some sort (don't know the technical details, but it involves the way the photos are collected, then transmitted for assembly in the computer imagining software, here on Earth).

AFAIK the issue has been resolved, and the "smudged" area cleared up, with proper interpretation of the data.

Unfortunately, it's hard to find articles on this fact, because the Internet feeding frenzy is so wild, searches keep popping up the "smudged" versions, with all the various "conspiracy theories" thrown in, as the most recent Web hits. We need a better way to search through the nonsense, I guess??

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by AstronominousCowherd

What do you think you are seeing?

Because, the consensus has been (for some time now) that the original Clementine image was a fault in processing of some sort (don't know the technical details, but it involves the way the photos are collected, then transmitted for assembly in the computer imagining software, here on Earth).

"The consensus"

Okay, now provide proof of your bold claim.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Something amiss with your ATS search function??? Took me a mere two minutes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So how many ATS members does your consensus include?

You say there is a consensus, I want some numbers to go with your claim.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A friend of mine, who speaks Chinese, gave a synopsis as well... not gonna read 18 pages to find out if it's already been done. But, here's her synopsis:

The article says that their celebration for the Lunar Probe project is far too high-end to not "imagine" having found something very special, such as like a bird or something. This article claimed that their country leader had re...viewed the pictures from the satellite and were very impressed, and suggested that they might have discovered something that Americans are most afraid of...
I glanced at other articles on this website and found nearly all articles are trying to say "We are the strongest and most powerful. See how America, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, etc... are all very afraid now."
Doesn't seem to be the most reliable of source to me.. (But I might be biased.)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
I could not find the image you are trying to show, I dont see any images of the moon at all, wrong link maybe?

Yeah the news site changes.... you need to back track it to the same day

www.chnqiang.com...
edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

So how many ATS members does your consensus include?

???? How would I know?

I see a number of ATS members who are apparently unaware of the truth, the latest facts and updates, and are fooled by the continued false information being spread around...as I noted, it is infesting the Internet search engines (well, Google at least...all I checked. BUT, Google is the 800-pound gorilla on the Internet, yes?)

That same old (and false) information is seen, and then spread HERE by those who aren't aware (yet) of the lack of credibility of those claims, and the updates since it went "viral" in the first place.

Such is the reality of the Web, in today's world....sad, innit??

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The problem with your "consensus" is that others have posted pictures of the same location but from a different angle and the blur effect is still there. You might have some ground to stand on if it was only 1 photo but since they took multiple photos from different angles and the blur is still there, logic dictates that it is not a processing fault. Common sense says someone intentionally blurred the same spot on all the images.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

....that others have posted pictures of the same location but from a different angle and the blur effect is still there...

Are you certain of this?

Just above is a post, and you can see the image was "skewed"...copied, changed, and re-posted. Could that have fooled people into thinking there were "different" angles?

This post, for example. I have seen others, forget where...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I write facts, not misrepresented pie-in-the-sky jump-the-gun speculation that is flimsy and full of more holes than Bonnie and Clyde at their last shoot-out.....

No you write SELECTIVE 'facts'... to suit what you want it to say

You say Branson would not have the money to go to the moon yet I just showed you that he is indeed working on just that. OF COURSE there is not talk of passengers YET.. Surely you are smart enough to understand that it takes STEPS to get there?

But do you really expect us to believe that when Branson gets the necessary hardware to make moon runs, that he WON'T go into the tourist business? That is what he does Virgin Airlines flies PEOPLE to places. When he created his sub orbital spacecraft and now completing the space port to accompany those flights... his purpose is NOT scientific research... his purpose is selling flights to TOURISTS

You can spew all the nonsense you want, but my money is on Branson having Moon flights in my lifetime. And then we can stay at Bigelow's inflatable space motel or Barron Hilton's moon resort.

But by all means carry on with your antiquated notions... just remember that in a few years I will remember to say..."I told you so!"

"All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident". - Arthur Schopenhauer
edit on 13-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Are you certain of this?

Yes.

Just above is a post, and you can see the image was "skewed"...copied, changed, and re-posted. Could that have fooled people into thinging there were "different" angles?

I am not talking about the post just above. Some pages back someone posted a picture of the same location but at a totally different angle. I'll see if I can find it again.......

EDIT: I think this is the photo I was talking about which shows the same area at a different angle. It was found in this post. link to post
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e92db7ab01b1.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I read that Virgin may have tourist flights to the moon by 2020...
It didn't actually say they would land there though...
Maybe a quick spin around to the dark side and back again? :

edit on 13-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If I recall correctly, I did mention that it just might happen, in your and my lifetimes. I'm pretty sure I wrote that down on the ethernet, somewhere in this thread.

Done picking nits?

Still...does Branson have that much in assets? Anytime in the near future? I doubt it...given the enormous expenses of R&D, first. $20Billion? $100Billion? Those are huge.....

But, long before the "tourist" business to the Moon is a reality and norm, will most likely be at least some commercial ventures (finally!!) to go have a look-see.

However, I doubt the rabidly-tenacious Apollo "hoax" believers would ever be convinced, even IF a private corporation photographed Apollo landing sites from 100 meters away on the surface!!! They'll still smugly devise excuses to say how they were "faked" in some way....

edit...oh, and I was swinging around to the OP, in a way...same with the Moon "anomalies", once private companies start taking photos....and the "believers" will say that the government "got" to them, to "cover up", or some such thing...they can get quite creative....

edit on 13 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I edited my previous post to include the picture I was talking about at a different angle.

Take a look

edit on 11/13/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cobain
Hi Guys, I'm a Chinese and I made some investigations on this matter.
Conclusion: don't waste any time on this.

That is funny actually.... you say don't waste time and 4 people starred that so agree with you yet they are here wasting time

The original link is not an official news site at all. It is a forum like ATS. The web site will choose and put some interesting threads which were post by any member on its homepage ,making it looking like a news.Actually ,it is just a thread post by a member.

Yes we knew about page one that this was not an official site... the pop up ads kinda gave that away

But I find it interesting to find people in China that share the same opinion on NASA trickery
and it seems the Chinese are playing the same game because they won't show us theirs

Regarding the "object", nothing was described about it. The author only mentioned that it was discovered before by NASA as well.

Exactly

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Branson has the money.He would have flown to the moon himself if he had access from the government, to scope it out for hotels...This guy is all about space exporation.He is obssessed with these little space excursions.This is most definetely a short trip of only about 260,000 miles .With the right aircraft,he can fly to the moon in a week in a luxurius craft with every ammenity.If he hasnt tried to run space excursions to the moon and been denied access,my name is barney rubble.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join