It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
LMAO.....
I would fall over on the floor and laugh until I peed in my pants if this does turn out to be some sort of statue or artificial rock formation and the first person to point it out on any of these threads was a Stupid Girl....ha ha..

I posted the same observation on the NASA-Chandra announcement thread.
I haven't been back over there to see if my post was equally ignored over there as it was over here....lol...

Of course, I don't know why they would act like they had to use Chandra to find something on the moon.

Honestly though people, how completely mind-blowing would that be??

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

You should read the entire website?

The climb to 50,000 feet is marked with quiet contemplation but there's an air of confidence and eager anticipation.

Then the countdown to release, a brief moment of quiet before a wave of unimaginable but controlled power surges through the craft. You are instantly pinned back into your seat, overwhelmed but enthralled by the howl of the rocket motor and the eye- watering acceleration which, as you watch the read-out, has you traveling in a matter of seconds, at almost 2500mph, over 3 times the speed of sound.

As you hurtle through the edges of the atmosphere, the large windows show the cobalt blue sky turning to mauve and indigo and finally to black. You're on a high; this is really happening, you're loving it and you're coping well. You start to relax; but in an instant your senses are back on full alert, the world contained in your spaceship has completely transformed.

Flowery language, for a brief SUB-orbital jaunt. And, YES! If I had a spare $200,000 laying around I'd buy in.....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I guess all you people who laughed at me about there being a huge number of rice birds on the Moon are now going to have to eat your words, huh? And no strength of opposition will stop the news and celebration. Hah hah!

No, they will have to eat crow. Couldn't resist.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402

Of course the wider issue of photo maniuplaiton and censoring is something I have always been alarmed by. Perhaps the chinese will put some heat on NASA by showing the same sites but without alteration.
edit on 12-11-2010 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

It would be more likely that the Chinese central committee members would hold those un-edited pictures over Washington's collective heads as leverage to force a cease to arms shipments to Taiwan.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I visit this site everyday but never commented until today. What caught my attention was the link of the photo that NASA took & released but blurred out an object. A while back, I saw this picture unedited and what's in it is truly astonishing. What's being blurred out is a HUGE OBJECT perhaps a space craft of some sort but the most astonishing part of it was what looked like a VERY HUGE BEING at the far right if the object perhaps doing some type of maintenance to the object. I listen to the kevin smith show daily so Im almost sure this is where I was able to find the link to the unedited photo. If I'm not mistaken Richard Hoagland may have been the guest that night and they were talking about what's really on the moon. I really wish I could remember or even saved that link to this unedited photo. I'm wondering did anyone else see the same photo as I did. The photo outlined the huge being and I kid you not it was as tall as the structure or craft, Im not certain what it is but I am certain there was a huge being working on it or maybe even just standing by it. If I happen to find the unedited photo again I will defintley post the link on here for everyone.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceOnEarth82
Hello everyone. I visit this site everyday but never commented until today. What caught my attention was the link of the photo that NASA took & released but blurred out an object. A while back, I saw this picture unedited and what's in it is truly astonishing. What's being blurred out is a HUGE OBJECT perhaps a space craft of some sort but the most astonishing part of it was what looked like a VERY HUGE BEING at the far right if the object perhaps doing some type of maintenance to the object. I listen to the kevin smith show daily so Im almost sure this is where I was able to find the link to the unedited photo. If I'm not mistaken Richard Hoagland may have been the guest that night and they were talking about what's really on the moon. I really wish I could remember or even saved that link to this unedited photo. I'm wondering did anyone else see the same photo as I did. The photo outlined the huge being and I kid you not it was as tall as the structure or craft, Im not certain what it is but I am certain there was a huge being working on it or maybe even just standing by it. If I happen to find the unedited photo again I will defintley post the link on here for everyone.

Pics or fake. It's to good to be true. I hope you are not trolling us.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Looks like a radio of some sort and far from an aircraft.
edit on 12-11-2010 by arfin24 because: Grammer fanaticism

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by EarlGray

Help me out, here...."missile defense"? Joking, right (I hope).

I mean, "missile defense" in what sense? What would "missiles" placed on the Moon defend against? Incoming attacks to the Apollo landing sites?

Because, if one wishes to assert that a "missile defense installation" on the Moon would somehow be useful as a measure of protection to the U.S. on Earth, then....huh? What sort of missiles are these, that can get here that fast to be effective against an attack launched from a nearby nation? I don't get it.

to shoot down asteroids that threaten earth dude...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by meauneau

He's talking about that same Clementine image, that's already posted in this thread.

The serial hoaxer Jose' Escamilla used it, too, in one of his silly videos...in that video Escamilla made the claim of a "giant alien" repairing a "space ship". It was either that same photo, or another one with similar data disruption (hence, the "blurring", since corrected on Clementine's browser) and claimed it was a giant city, or something...bigger than LA!!

At least, I think it was Escamilla...get them all confused, sometimes. Birds of a feather (brain).

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Whatever is on the moon, Chinesse will not tell so it does not matter. We will never know the truth, no matter how angry or frustrated you are about that or how much you wanna know truth about our origin, ancestors or creators. Somebody, some force will simply not allow that. All they need are dumb, obedient consumers, or if you prefer word slaves...
edit on 12-11-2010 by 6205LH because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by meauneau

I have no reason to come on here and make this up. I really saw the unedited photo. I just thought i would share what I saw with everyone else & maybe someone saw the same photo as me. Personally I think there is something on the moon that the US knows about and that's why we haven't been back to the moon. I've heard that when we did go to the moon the astronauts encountered beings up there that didn't appreciate their presence & told them to get off the moon and don't come back. So could this be the reason we havent been back?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceOnEarth82

I really saw the unedited photo.

Think back again. Are you sure you didn't see a so-called "unedited" photo in a Jose' Escamilla "film" by the name of 'Moon Rising'?

Because, as I recall, he took the Clementine version (with the pixel artifacts, NOT intentionally done by NASA) and then "altered" it, in HIS way, to show what HE thought people should "see"....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This Nasa image of the earth, taken from the moon has always bothered me:

Where are the stars? Why would they black them out? It shows that Nasa does manipulate photos. Too Bad, I would have loved to see the galaxy surrounding earth from that perspective.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
china could have detected the flag on the moon . This would be more currently understanding of reality giving the fact that NASA china and the united states all are good friends and looking at them at the g20 meetings they are all happy with smiles and maybe china will make a statements that NASA did go to the moon to boost the sprit of the American dream .

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Where are the stars? Why would they black them out? It shows that Nasa does manipulate photos. Too Bad, I would have loved to see the galaxy surrounding earth from that perspective.

Because the camera exposure was set for the very bright surface of the Moon and the very bright Earth. The stars were simply too dim. This has been discussed to death elsewhere and is straying off topic.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
This Nasa image of the earth, taken from the moon has always bothered me:

They are not blacked out, they are merely obscured.

This is caused by the fact that the stars appear dim and do not expose to the film due to the high relative light levels on the moon, similar to trying to see stars in a heavily populated area with light pollution.

You also do not see stars in any shuttle or ISS photos. Are they fake too?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

Would make no difference:

I would have loved to see the galaxy surrounding earth from that perspective.

Viewing the expanse of stars, whether from the earth's surface, or the Moon's, will result in virtually imperceptible relative changes of position, of the stars and other celestial objects

So small as to be almost immeasurable. Understand it by looking up "parallax". Involves geometry, too.

And, for the stars and not being in photo? Study photography, especially lens aperture and exposure times, and light gathering ability, and all that. Relative brightness, too...stars' brightness, versus the Moon's surface (nearby in that case) and the bright Earth shine....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

looks like a giant stapler

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well I haven't seen the Jose' Escamilla "film so I'm sure that's not where I saw it. Again I almost sure it was Richard Hoagland discusing whats "really on the moon" on the Kevin Smith Show and they provided links to see the photo and the photo was not in a film, It was a direct link to the unedited photo. Perhaps someone was pulling a fast one the listeners that night, I dont know but Im just sharing what what I came across.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Guys, you have to remember something about translation:

It's not literally what it said in the original language. Sometimes concepts are not thought of in the same way. Even a direct, one-to-one translation, as found in English-Other language dictionaries, never quite explains the concept the way a native speaker would think about it.

This is especially complex when one uses literary or stylized devices, like slang, historical and cultural references, metaphors, expressions, sayings and proverbs, paraphrasis, jargon (like words unique to an industry or sector) and the like - basically everything found in normal everyday speech.

This now becomes more complex in Mandarin, where things we call "morphemes" (basically units of meaning in words) are represented by complex characters or ideograms. So, where rocketship is represented by the string of letters "rocket" and the string of letters "ship" - each string represented a concept (rocket: thing propelled by a jet, missil-shaped / ship: self-contained vessel, especially ocean going). So, we know by putting these two strings of letters together we get the concept of "rocketship." In Mandarin and other Chinese languages, such ideas are wrapped up in an ideogram that may have many more than one or two meanings, depending on what other ideogram is adjacent to it. The pronunciation changes also.

So, where we use the strings "water", "aqua" and "hydro" as different morphemes to represent WATER, you could thing of the same "picture" for "water" used in the Chinese equivalents of "water bottle", "aquarium" and "hyperhydrosis" - where we would just use the different sets of letters.

LESSON OVER...what does that have to do with this article...

The ideograms that represent "rice" and "bird" in simplistic language, may have very different meanings that are only tangentially or metaphorically related to their basic meanings.

Aside from Mandarin, English also has words with more than one meaning, even though the way we write it is the same. I'm not talking about symple homonyms, I'm saying things like "structure", which has one very direct, concrete sense for the architect or carpenter, has a different, metaphorical sense for the manager, teacher, or psychologist. Likewise, in geology (and I imagine extended to "extraterrestrial geology?") structure can refer to things like monoliths, volcanic columns, and canyon walls.

So, my guess is, before we jump to conclusions, that we hopefully run into a Mandarin-English bilingual on here who could more appropriately translate the article. Also, we need to consider that the word for structure in Mandarin is probably used similarly (at least for architects and geologists) to how it is used in English - meaning this could all be a rock formation that is as yet unattested, which is also interesting and helpful to our understanding of the universe in its own right. Don't be let down if it turns out not to be an ancient space station from the Myllocerus Undecimpustulatus Undatus Race of the Malanga Malanga Galaxy.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Sphota because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join