It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Interesting photo as posted by the one before me.

In this photo, and the accompanying text. We have.
" This photo is taken by Chang'e 2's CCD camera on 23rd Oct 2010 at a distance of 100 thousand meters from the surface of the moon, able to distinguish features up to 7 meters. Daniell round crater is situated at eastern longtitude 31º6', northern latitude 35º18', with an diameter of 29km. The base of the circular crater has observable signs of fractures/cracks. The shape/symbol resembles the ancient Jin Text (金文) word for "Moon"

Jin Text (金文) - A form of chinese text used in Zhou dynasty (1046AD to 256AD)

But it is just probably coincidence that it look alike.
edit on 12-11-2010 by XenonTX because: removed the link , as the image can't be attached.

link   

Originally posted by dreampsiThey are the best of the moon we have. They are in HD and you MUST check out the movies that let you "fly" over the surface and the 3D Bird views take you right down into the craters and fly around..amazing!

Really? Can you point out any recognizable features in those HD fly overs?

link   

Originally posted by dreampsi

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by zorgon

exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.....
well, there's an exceptional object on earth that could easily pass for the object being blotted out....
the first thing i thought of when I saw this larger image was the Sphinx

That image looks like a giant statue of an Angel that has fallen over. I see (unblurred) the head and the double wing tips. Toward the right side looks like a round octagonal or base of the statue. Perhaps they didn't blur the head/wings tips because they look like craters?
I don't see what your seeing, I do see something at the lower right hand corner that look artificial though.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Not only does NASA "enhance" color they MAKE the color lmao... No image from the hubble or any other NASA device photographs space in color.. They add color based on the chemicals and matter in the area.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321
Do you think they photographed the american moon landing sites and found nothing ? is that why they are so happy, lol,
?
edit on 12-11-2010 by 10987654321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
The manipulation done was NOT by NASA. It was someone (forget her name, someone will remember, and the thread title)....she took some Cassini photos of Saturn's moons, and composited them to make a pretty image.

The "controversy" arose because whomever is in charge of uploading the NASA "Picture of the Day" saw it, and used it, because she thought it looked nice.

It in no way was ever represented, by NASA, as a "factual" or "realistic" image.

Emily Lakdawanna

You DO know her connection to NASA don't you?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewarehouse
"With such a high resolution, it means that from the pictures you can tell a pit of 4 meters in diameter on the moon or a rock with a diameter of 3 meters," Yan said.

Not the same story at all.
And where are those high res pictures?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shyguy
Also the end of the article says that some people in the state want disclosure but a lot of powerful people are opposed to that.

Well THAT statement sounds familiar.

And in China I would assume those "powerful people" get their way... so I guess there will be no disclosure from China anytime soon

Back to the same old same old...

Besides NASA is in bed with CNSA anyway

I am quite sure NASA's skills of making pictures look pretty for public consumption have been passed on

edit on 12-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
I dont have a private space ship like zorgon alluded to but I do have Google Earth app and here is what I came up with after doing a bit of research etc...

Well I don't have much faith in Google Moon images

But as to Zeeman Crater... from the old Lunar Orbiter images taken in 1966-67 we have something interesting. Not covered

edit on 12-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Clementine can transform to become......
MEGAMAID!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

That stick thing just represent the section of the photo being magnified on it right of it to show its location on the photo taken.
edit on 12-11-2010 by XenonTX because: change of words.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why isnt the Chinese Space Agency not making a photo of that same object which we see at the OP. I hate people like NASA who are blurring images. If they dont want to us see something, why they release those blurred images anyway??!

edit on 12-11-2010 by Oxize because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You see? As XenonTX also stated bird probably doesn't mean bird in this context.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hmm... The image with the crater showings the cracks / fractures in the center... Why would this be of such interest? Could it be the water scenario, like the entire surface is frozen water but beneath a thick layer of moon dust? Or do the Chinese just find it remarkable like most other people, relating it to something culturally significant to themselves. The Chinese character for Moon.

Of course the wider issue of photo maniuplaiton and censoring is something I have always been alarmed by. Perhaps the chinese will put some heat on NASA by showing the same sites but without alteration.
edit on 12-11-2010 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wait, wait...with those pictures, are you suggesting that "coconuts migrate?"

Oops....other thread....where was I?

Oh, yeah....those nice photos from the 1960s....you aren't suggesting that they took pictures of a large model of the Moon, and then told everyone they were taken by Surveyor, or something?? I hope you aren't suggesting that.

Or, are you suggesting (as I think history will confirm) that the large-scale models were used as references for the future Apollo landings? The accuracy of the model was very important, and was made best possible from the use of the Surveyor and other photos of the surface, to help the Astronauts recognize certain landmarks, for the descent and landings. To ensure accuracy, orientation, and to double-check the computer's calculations. Being pilots themselves, they were keenly aware of the need for such accuracy, especially when landing in a completely new location, for the first time. (I think the Moon counts).

Even today, we have special charts specific to certain airports (they are actually called "Special Airports", by the FAA. Washington National is one, BTW). These charts have photos, from various angles, to help a pilot be familiar with what to expect to see, for the various approaches, as it can be somewhat challenging at these airports. Hence, they are in that "special" category.

Could it not be that the large Moon model "landscape" was used for the LM simulator? A camera would "fly" over its surface, to show a cockpit-window simulated view, for the various Apollo landing missions.

Much like the airliner simulators of that era did the same thing, for airline pilots. A camera, mounted on an X/Y/Z axis contraption. This, recall, was before all the nifty computer-generated imagery we have, as is used in todays' modern simulators....

Link to an article and image.

Of course, that is slightly different than them being IN the LM sim, and the visuals on CRT monitors outside the LM "windows"....but the LOLA was part of the preparation and acclimation for the landings.

More:

Construction of the track which runs in front of Model 2. Technicians work on Model 1, the 20-foot sphere. Project LOLA or Lunar Orbit and Landing Approach was a simulator built at Langley to study problems related to landing on the lunar surface. It was a complex project that cost nearly $2 million dollars. James Hansen wrote: "This simulator was designed to provide a pilot with a detailed visual encounter with the lunar surface; the machine consisted primarily of a cockpit, a closed-circuit TV system, and four large murals or scale models representing portions of the lunar surface as seen from various altitudes. The pilot in the cockpit moved along a track past these murals which would accustom him to the visual cues for controlling a spacecraft in the vicinity of the moon.

www.nasaimages.org...:

Earthly example, from same era, for airline pilot training:

The early visual systems used a small physical terrain model, normally called a "model board". The model board was illuminated, typically by an array of fluorescent light tubes (to avoid shadowing), and a miniature camera was moved over the model terrain in accordance with the pilot's control movements. The resultant image was then displayed to the pilot. Only limited geographical areas could be simulated in this manner, and for civil flight simulators were usually limited to the immediate vicinity of an airport or airports. In military flight simulators, as well as airfields, model boards were produced for larger areas that included terrain for practicing low flying and attacking targets.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, to sum up: Looks to me that's what ya go thar, in them pikshures....sum of them Loonar-landin' simulation helpers.....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

Haha.. why wouldn't it be of an interest to Chinese ? Imagine if there is a series of cracks that resembles the word, "MOON" on the face of the moon. Wouldn't anyone who have English as their native language be amazed at the finding? Not to mention its something of ancient text in this case.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Tsk, tsk. You shouldn't poke the ATS members with sticks like this one:

Picture done been discussed to death, already. I think you were on hiatus or something....must have missed it.

Riling them up (or tryin' to)?

Hate to tell you but the "Giant Digital Watch" (as some took to calling it, among other things) is yestermonth's news....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There is definitely something secret going on ,on the moon.If there wasnt ,branson would be offering tours to the moon.My thinking is that he approached people trying to get clearance to do moon trips and he was refused.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I suspect this is the suspect bird the chinese are refering to.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
China is hiding something, they want you to believe they purposely took this picture to make NASA look bad. I asked her, " What Picture?" She said, "They won't show you."
But, China is not discussing what they took a picture of, they are only saying it is of great interest and needs to be investigated further.

Wow, China sounds like many ATS members around here. They make posts about things but don't share the photos!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join