It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS 122 UFOs? Sept 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Here is some footage from space. Im not sure how everything looks near the ISS, but this seems pretty interesting. From what I saw, it looks like the moving objects are going behind the ISS. Let me know what you all think. Hopefully we can get someone with some knowledge of space to help us out. Here is the video

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow I have never seen that one before. Looks like it could be space junk, particles, or who knows what... I am no expert on this type of stuff and it is not that clear. There is so much of it though which makes me lean towards space junk, but that still leaves the question as why is there so much in such a small area, it should not be so concentrated. I wonder what would happen if a shuttle hit some of that stuff at full speed. Thanks for sharing, star and a flag

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

First of all the STS-122 was not from Sept. 2010 as yout tile said but February 2008
shuttle Atlantis. I know this footage and is not like Streetcap1 or wuozebi said taken
from Atlantis approaching the ISS. The footage was taken on February 18, 2008 the
shuttle Atlantis already undocked from the ISS on return to Earth, Atlantis crew were
taking video and photos of the ISS through the windows when those objects appeared.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Due to the constant maintained vectors of each object, I would guess each one is an object on a free trajectory in vacuum. That is to say possibly Ice particles formed at undocking from the ISS or particles dislodged upon firing of thrusters for orientation etc. imho.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Okay, if the look like balloons... their balloons
Or lanterns but I heard venus was out, many of them

Just a trick of the eye by chance ???

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Here is some footage from space. Im not sure how everything looks near the ISS, but this seems pretty interesting. From what I saw, it looks like the moving objects are going behind the ISS. Let me know what you all think. Hopefully we can get someone with some knowledge of space to help us out. Here is the video (snip)

I post the photo below from the video to point something out that may not be considered by the tyros. I don't know what all of those fast moving objects are although I can guess. But notice the object I took the photo of. Its center seems to be "missing" or the center is the object with a white "force field". But no. Look at the lens flare on the right side. It has the center portion "missing" and you can see through it. This, to those not familiar with optics, is usually seen with telescopics lenses that fall into the catadioptric category. For comparison I also provide a photo taken with a Meade telescope to show the result of using a catadioptric lens.

Vidcap from video which because it's too large doesn't show the lens flare on the right. See the video:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d86095b444f.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo taken with catadioptric lens:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0144030690a3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-11-2010 by The Shrike because: To say why vidcap is edited by ATS system.

top topics

join