It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives and Gas prices.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Energy markets aren't really that simple. There are so many factors that contribute to CL it makes your head spin. Inventories, price of similar contracts, US Dollar, World events, forward contract spreads -> I could go on until I pass out.

Take for example Natural Gas. Interesting things going on. Many producers have hedged themselves at higher prices in the previous year and the problem that is happening is that we are supplying too much at this current moment - it is almost down 80% from 1 year to the day. Also, we have had some new technologies step up to make drilling easier, or you could say more cost efficient.

This analysis becomes very apparent with the recent undertaking by accredited investors in DPP's (limited partnerships) which are tax efficient investments for rich people to dumb it down. Atlas Energy etc.. if you are interested in these things you should research this as well.

If you are really interested in Crude (CL contract) you should take a look at the history between that and Brent - which is traded in London. Brent is now trading to a premium, which if you have been paying attn. this makes for an interesting play on spreads. Again, this all factors into the price of Crude (CL).

I skimmed the thread, didn't read all of it, but I believe someone pointed out something similar where it isn't just black and white as you are thinking. I do believe it helps (Rep. control), but so does all the above that I have listed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Janky Red

If government is not doing it's job in it's capacity to prosecute fraud, and level the playing field so that those who want to participate in the free-market have the same opportunity to succeed then none of what we're discussing here will get any better.

I lost faith in the left after Kerry ran on Bush's platform and called it a different ideology..It made me sick that people fell for this crap.

I knew then that the answers would lie in the principled action of the people as a whole, and not on Liberal or Conservative ideologues. Most of which sound the same.

And I found out why. And it goes all the way back to the first Progressives. Teddy Roosevelt on the Right, and Woodrow Wilson on the Left. It's why both sides have these twisted ideas of what the Constitution is all about. We are as far away from original intent as we can get and we wonder why we have these problems. It IS possible to have Conservative and Liberal politics without attempting to subvert or pervert the Constitution or the history that goes with it.
edit on 11-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

One could say it goes back to Lincoln if you want to speak of progressive agendas, less the fact that the era was not present in his time. I thing you mire yourself by characterizing anything negative as a process of progressivism, it is simple and fun to do, but it is the same thing that explains away Bush's "LIBERALISM",
even though conservative America voted for him twice on mass; his conservative ideas, rhetoric and action with a few marketplaces, included OPEC, wallstreet and the like.

My beef is with people who seem to believe that engineering loopholes, ALLOWING FRAUD THRU INACTION (GOP S.3044) is not EXTRA easy to do with a conservative smile and the phrase FREE MARKET

in the case of S3044 ideologies acted as popular theory characterizes, right left -

edit on 11-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

It's just as easy to do it under the guise of doing it for the "Worker" or the "Middle Class" or the "Farmer" or "The black community" whatever they what to take advantage of at the time to meet their goals, this is no different. Most people believe in Free markets, but most people who believe in free markets don't believe we have a free market. I'm not confusing propaganda for the definition of free market.

Free market theory comes with rules. Part of those rules involves having cops on the beat to make sure you're not being ripped off. But since neither wing of our government is interested in following the written law, let alone obeying their Oath of Office, it is no longer relevant to harp on one side or the other, and in most cases, is a useless venture that makes the problem worse.

We need to focus where the fraud is. Not where the other side says it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The premise of this thread completely ignores the real reason for price inflation.

Sort of - it is true that the OP does not mention the Bush administration and Bush, Condi and Dicks very close ties to this market and its profitability. Much of their close business acquaintances surely benefited from the
climate their policies enabled.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

It's just as easy to do it under the guise of doing it for the "Worker" or the "Middle Class" or the "Farmer" or "The black community" whatever they what to take advantage of at the time to meet their goals, this is no different. Most people believe in Free markets, but most people who believe in free markets don't believe we have a free market. I'm not confusing propaganda for the definition of free market.

Free market theory comes with rules. Part of those rules involves having cops on the beat to make sure you're not being ripped off. But since neither wing of our government is interested in following the written law, let alone obeying their Oath of Office, it is no longer relevant to harp on one side or the other, and in most cases, is a useless venture that makes the problem worse.

We need to focus where the fraud is. Not where the other side says it is.

S.3044
was an attempt to focus on the fraud -

Those prices were fraudulent - the Shell CEO said as much under oath...

However YOU did not want to focus of the Fraud in this case - you dispersed it and blame them all - Damned your own advice my friend - Why???

Watch this - Welfare Fraud needs to be addressed and the democrats who intentionally design the disfunction
need to be tried and jailed...

SEE???

Easy

You can't stand truly standing upright because of ideological relation, I know because I have been there.

As far as free markets - the notion is consistently used to create loopholes for business to do things I would consider fraud; unethical... Like the Citigroup merger - Done in the name of FREE MARKET

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I was not responsible for prosecuting such a case, writing such a law, or blocking the passage there of.

I don't know why you think blaming me is going to help your position in this debate.

I'm not interested in partisanship for the sake of partisanship. I've found that where ever there's a democrat to blame, there is a republican standing with him, and vice versa. So, if that does not satisfy you I don't know what to tell you.

I also haven't read this law, so I can't tell you whether this would have done anything to control the costs of gas in a fair manner. Do you think I'm just going to take your word for it? Really?

I don't admit to things I haven't done, nor do I try to make assertions based on nothing but superlatives and supposition. I deal with what the data tells me. As I said. I don't have all the data, so please stop trying to drag me into your partisan argument, I don't care for it.
edit on 12-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

It is obvious you equate free markets with fraud, which means that it is you who is under the propaganda spell. Economic liberty is not a bad thing. Nor is it a bad thing to keep a free market free of fraud as much as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join